Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:58:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Locked] 4 applicants received, one is getting hired!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Locked] 4 applicants received, one is getting hired!  (Read 825 times)
BeTeslohan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2016, 01:15:24 PM »

Heirs of Kypal: Act I
Myridian Conquest

"Jack" David Casteel
I'm the creator of Myridian Conquest, the first installment of five in the Heirs of Kypal competitive RPG series. I originally intended on doing 100% of the asset creation myself, including music and sound design; the position I'm currently hiring for. Even though I'm a self-taught pianist, own a MIDI keyboard, FL Studio, and a collection of iconic soundfonts, it has been brought to my attention that if I want to put additional polish on my Kickstarter presentation before its July 20th deadline, it would be wiser to delegate the work to a talented individual from this forum.

The total amount of funds I'm asking for in my Kickstarter is $16,300.
The campaign starts on July 20th 2016 and ends a month later on August 20th.

As you can see from the info-graphic above, a majority of its budget will be used to cover my annual living expenses for the year of my first game's development cycle, as I intend on working full-time from home to fully pursue this exciting career! The scope of the game is actually short enough to complete in 9 months, but I wanted to be sure the backer's had enough time to provide QA assistance for 3-4 months before the game officially goes to market.

If the game only reaches its initial funding goal, there will NOT be enough funds to hire you for your services.

I will pursue making the audio assets myself as a last resort if it comes to this, there are no risks for aiming high, as overfunding on Kickstarter happens frequently when the backer-incentive is enticing enough to warrant such investment. In other words, if your portfolio is strong enough, the backers will make sure you're appropriately compensated for your efforts, because they wouldn't want to see the game made without your inclusion. While I can't say I know this from personal experience as this is the first project I've pursued professionally, I've gone to great lengths to study this both in and outside of my education at the Art Institute of Portland.

I do possess an EIN with the US Federal government as a Sole Proprieter, the studio I run can lawfully be called a business. Even though I'm only 23, I have matured a lot during the four years I've pursued my higher-education. I still have much to learn about running a profitable business, and making enjoyable, highly-polished role-playing games will always be the studio's focus.

The reason I am offering this as a full-time position is because your participation is an investment in my studio and my own personal livelihood. If you are hired and were also a pleasure to work with on this game, there are at least four others I intend on making in the future. This would be consistent, stable income that I can reserve exclusively for you alone, but this is an offer I can only extend once! Time is a very important factor, so I will in all likelihood hire on a first-come-first-serve basis.

How Much Is The Offer?

I am offering a starting wage of $100 per asset-minute, and will likely synthesize the sound effects myself using a great 3rd party tool known as Chiptone. http://sfbgames.com/chiptone/ I would like the soundtrack to have 40 minutes of audio, which should end at a total wage of $4,000 payable in early September of this year.

Because Kickstarter and their financial institutions charge various fees on the funds raised, I will likely set the first stretch goal from its starting value of $16,300 to $21,000 to account for your contract's wage and the estimated fees that would be deducted from it.

If the game is funded beyond this amount, the excess amount will be placed into a savings fund for use with future projects. Those funds could eventually be used to rehire you at a better wage, assuming the two of us have enjoyed doing business with one another.

What's Needed Right Now?

The main reason I'm placing this advertisement is because the Kickstarter is launching soon and I may need 1-2 tracks for its video presentation. If you're chosen, you would be expected to provide these assets before the Kickstarter goes live on July 20th, currently eight-days from now.

Ideally, you would begin production of the assets today, and you would be fully compensated after the game has been successfully funded. You may even provide previous tracks you have made so long as you still own the rights and they appropriately fit the sound-direction the game and its series will make use of.

I am looking for a 16-Bit stylized chiptune soundtrack, ideally made with soundfonts that were present on retro gaming systems of that era, such as the Super Nintendo / Famicom. Precise emulation is not necessary, though similarity to these consoles is desired to make sure the game invokes an appropriate feeling of nostalgia. I grew up playing on these systems, and hopefully you did as well!

If you produce these assets BUT we fail to meet your funding stretch goal, the assets will be returned and you will remain the owner of its copyright, giving you the power to use them without my meddling however you wish. (I will only consider the assets my studio's property once the files in question have been purchased for the agreed upon amount)

How To Apply

Thank you dearly for your time. Please pay close attention.

The interview process for this position is based on the order in which I am directly contacted for live-chat. This means if you post "first" in this thread, but a compeating applicant contacts me via Discord or Twitter and begins to IM with me, they will be given priority because they were the first to actually communicate with me in-person. You may additionally post in this thread with your portfolio, but that alone does not validate your application.

Until then!

Portfolio
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56671.msg1259923#msg1259923

Twitter
http://twitter.com/beteslohan

Discord
http://discord.me/teslohan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:36:01 PM by BeTeslohan » Logged

FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »

Hey there! I've sent you an email. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

-Felix

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic