Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:57:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCANTATA - (1.0 OUT AUGUST 15th) Sci-Fi Advance Wars + Logistics + Base-building
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: CANTATA - (1.0 OUT AUGUST 15th) Sci-Fi Advance Wars + Logistics + Base-building  (Read 29502 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2022, 01:04:37 AM »

Good luck! Coffee

Trailer looks great!
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2022, 09:26:37 AM »

Hello all! We're going into Early Access on Steam on May 12th, 2022!
Almost there... The 12th of May might seem far away now, but whoever has ever worked on a game knows well that the last weeks can be hell!
Trailer looks good though, I am sure you will do great. Good luck with it!

BTW, have you always planned to go for EA or is it something you decided only recently?
I am always pondering over it and knowing about the decision process of other devs might help. Smiley

Creating "Virtueror, the virtual conqueror" (RTS + 4x + RPG)

[Wishlist on Steam]
[TIGS devlog][YouTube devlog][website]
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2022, 10:16:33 AM »

Nice, good luck for the EA launch!

bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2022, 01:05:48 PM »

Nice, good luck for the EA launch!
Good luck! Coffee

Trailer looks great!

Thank you!

Hello all! We're going into Early Access on Steam on May 12th, 2022!
Almost there... The 12th of May might seem far away now, but whoever has ever worked on a game knows well that the last weeks can be hell!
Trailer looks good though, I am sure you will do great. Good luck with it!

BTW, have you always planned to go for EA or is it something you decided only recently?
I am always pondering over it and knowing about the decision process of other devs might help. Smiley

we went back and forth on it and tbh went for it because of the "scale" of Cantata and how many things could potentially go wrong. It's the sort of game that really just needs lots of hands playing it and giving feedback and opinions of faction balance, map balance, etc., and it felt too risky to just release a 1.0 out of the gate and hope for the best.

We're also working on another big feature that we want to grow directly with the community, so getting that out at EA time makes sense instead of just trying to guess what people want.

CANTATA
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2022, 07:34:33 AM »

Congrats and good luck with the early access release! Coffee
bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2022, 10:00:52 PM »

Hello all! Pleased to say that CANTATA is now available in Early Access on Steam!

BUY ON STEAM NOW

It's been a long journey to get here and I want to do a big series of posts on the games development at some point, but also want to just say thank you to everyone that has been following this game for nearly six years now. The game wouldn't be where it's at now if it wasn't for Tig in the early days. And doubly do, as I found CobraLad through tig, and his art made the whole game come to life.

Game has a launch discount of 20% right now ($20 total), so recommend picking it up if this is your thing!

CANTATA
Rogod
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2022, 05:19:29 AM »

Congratz man!

(Might wanna update the thread icon from 80% complete though lol)

bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2023, 07:06:33 AM »

At long last and after many changes as part of EA, Cantata 1.0 is coming out August 15th.

See you all then Smiley

CANTATA
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic