Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 06:03:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Free fonts pack
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Free fonts pack  (Read 1268 times)
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »

There's a thread about pixel fonts, so why not? If anybody knows a better place to put this then feel free to move the thread.

Here's my font pack for all your free font needs, without any of the ugly legalese that usually comes with most free fonts ( ・・) Feel free to use for anything you want. These are TTF fonts. I'll be adding and updating fonts over time, so make sure to check every so often. Charset support varies but I guarantee everything supports at least the U+0000 to U+00FF range (ASCII + Latin-1 extended).

Here's the download link:
https://sik.itch.io/fonts

Enjoy!
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 06:07:35 PM »

Ooh nice. Love the variety :D

thestrangers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »

These are lovely, thank you for releasing them. Will be staying tuned as you tinker with more fonts.
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:03:39 AM »

Thanks (・ワ・)

Added a new font: Pinlight

Looks like a pinball HUD (or attempts to). Note that because it's all horizontal "scanlines" it's probably only going to look nice at large sizes (if possible try to get 33px for line height i.e. 3px for each "scanline", or some multiple of that). Not exactly the most useful font out there in hindsight, but it was easy...

I need to stop being lazy and make a gothic font. But I haven't figured out how to get reasonable proportions for the strokes yet.

EDIT: and also I really should take a look at the underscore values for each font, I'm going to guess that for most of them they're actually pretty awful =/ (assuming the program pays attention to them instead of just drawing a stroke where it feels like it, that is)
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:41:08 AM »

Updated Roman Teal with Latin Extended A (U+0100 to U+017F)

So much for frequent updates...

Also wondering if I shouldn't really push the minimum goal to WGL4, but then it'll definitely take ages to get any new fonts going (and heck, I'll need to update all the current ones accordingly too), though admittedly no idea if the idea is to have them on all fonts or just all on a single system... I mean, box drawing is useless when the font isn't monospace.
Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:25:55 AM »

So good! Thanks for sharing it! Coffee

It probably not looks like best usage, but I spent a lot of time searching for "that only font that fits", until seen that thread http://puu.sh/rt1SA/67e4e23bf7.png

AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 10:29:06 AM »

They look good. They all are useful but y favourite is Roman Teal, it is appealing yet easy to read. Thank you for this pack Smiley

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic