Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:08:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Free][Android] QuadrominO
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Free][Android] QuadrominO  (Read 418 times)
AcuminateInteractive
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »

Hi guys, I'm currently at a stage in development of my free to play falling block puzzle QuadrominO that dictates I need to start gathering some more broad feedback and open up to a brief beta test.

QuadrominO is inspired by classic falling block puzzles like Tetris, but with revamped and revised gameplay style aimed at touch screens (not just UI buttons to simulate a controller).

Primarily I'm interested in feedback regarding gameplay balance and feel. In particular:

-Pace of the game. Is it too fast or slow? Do the variable difficulty choices create enough of a difference in play? Is the speed too static and need to be increased as the time progresses?
-Is the scoring system too biased towards larger clears (3-4 lines at a time).
-Does the line clearing powerup create a strong enough incentive for use?
-Is the ratio of appropriate blocks required for the board (blocks that will fit well within the current state of the game) satisfying enough. Does the system need to favour better blocks more or less? Was it frustrating to wait for that perfect piece to come in the right place?

Aside from that, any other feedback is appreciated, particularly on systems in place, be it leaderboards, Facebook login/invites etc. In terms of features that are still in progress, they are as follows:

-Ad free optional purchase
-Tutorial/Help/Instructions (the ? button)
-Music and additional sound effects (with options for on/off)
-And if the game shows enough promise, iOS and additional game mode options.

Leaderboards will likely be reset on release, so don't get too attached to that big score.

How to Play
-Create full rows in order to clear those blocks and score points
-Tap undesired bricks as they fall to delete them for a small point cost
-Larger clears are worth bigger points
-Tap and drag the bomb icon to delete mistakes and clear out parts of the board. Limited uses (recharge over time if logged in)
-Login via Facebook to access score posting and Leaderboards/friend invites

Google Play Beta Link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.AcuminateInteractive.Quadromino

And thanks a lot. Will check back regularly to read and respond to feedback
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:45:05 PM by AcuminateInteractive » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic