Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411479 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58425 Members - Latest Member: solpreston

April 23, 2024, 09:12:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingZero Attack on Pearl Harbor
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zero Attack on Pearl Harbor  (Read 1374 times)
gameleaper
Level 2

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2016, 12:33:50 AM »

http://gamejolt.com/profile/gameleaper/1574540/games

Its on my abve gamejolt link.

its a 2D game where you defend a battleship from waves of Plaines, using Flak and your own plaines. the game plays like Tetrus , you have left right and up. Its fun and free so have a look.

screenshots are provided
gameleaper
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 12:37:50 AM »

You have to signup to gamejolt to download it takes under a minate, and you get trillions of free games to download well worth a look
LOUD
Level 1

Wait a few sec ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 02:53:14 PM »

• Is it fun ?
    Not really. I mean it could be but not at this state. i felt i wasn't able to defend the right way and i was wondering "What's the point ?"
    I wasn't playing the game, the game was playing me.

• Is it consistent ?
    I don't think.

• Is aesthetic working ?
    The aesthetic i see try to mix old computer style interfaces and fonts with photos with clipart.
    That means the aesthtic goes in 3 diferents ways. That's not going to work. You should choose what feeling you wanna share with the player and stick with this one as a guideline.
    You probably want to say that you don't know how to draw or you don't have an artist working with you but this doesn't matter. Remember VVVVVV ? Is it beautiful ? No. Is it aesthetically consistent ? Yes. It has a strong identity harmony and common sense with the whole game.
    You wanna use old clipart ? Use it all other the place and find the best way to use it in harmony. Wanna use photos ? Same.

• Is it well balanced ?
    I think it is not balanced. It looks like you programmed the features of the game and put it to upload on internet right after without deep tests.

• Is it alive through feedbacks ?
    No, there is almost no feedbacks. Hovering/clicking a button makes nothing. Changing planes direction doesn't make planes flipping to the left or right.
    Canon/guns on ship don't aim to the direction where the shot will go so you can't plan on what to do to face enemies.

• Is it enough and equally polished ?
    Nope. Polish is what is lacking here. I don't know if it applies to you but that reminds me programmers coding features but never testing more than 30 seconds their work.

• Is it repetitive ?
    I can't really say because i didn't played enough.

• Is there a bug ?
    I don't find any heavy one. Sometimes sprites of shots are not well looped then some shot seemed vertically sliced in 2.

• What is lacking ?
    Balancing, sometimes no matter what you try, you know these planes will crash on the ship. There is no escape and it's unfair.
    Ways to plan his actions. Ways to think about what kind of counter player should launch instead of undergo the waves.
    For example, i would like to see where the next shot will go is crucial to launch planes accordingly to threat.

• Conclusion :
    It can be a simple yet interesting game of planification. With a bit of work you can have something simple but nice.
    But, if i'm not wrong, i feel it's a practicing project and you won't continue to work on it.
    But in the future, think of how you arrange your game to let your player able to see what is the next step he will make to go further in your game.

Maybe i didn't understood something about the game and it's why i couldn't feel it was worth playing.

Side note : you made a lot of game, that's pretty impressive.

(If you wanna try my game : https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57042.0)

Never forget : good games are well polished games Wink[/list]
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:18:13 PM by repstyle » Logged
    Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic