Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:28:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWill there ever be released good 3D survival game?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Will there ever be released good 3D survival game?  (Read 2025 times)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »

Ark is fantastic, and constantly adding new creatures/bosses.  It's one of the few ones with an actual handmade world so it even looks good too.

plus who DOESNT like tramping through the base of someone you don't like riding on a T-Rex

-Fuzzy Spider
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 11:54:45 PM »

Ark is fantastic, and constantly adding new creatures/bosses.  It's one of the few ones with an actual handmade world so it even looks good too.

plus who DOESNT like tramping through the base of someone you don't like riding on a T-Rex

I'll check it out then. When it comes to PS4. Sadly, my PC is ancient. Sad
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 08:39:59 AM »

I have seen my brother go through all the emotion with ARK, I remember asking him what movie it was watching because of the complex story ark he was telling.

tommy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 03:34:46 AM »

The Long Dark seems to fit the bill. It is early-access, but the sandbox mode is already perfectly playable and a lot of fun.
Catghost
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 05:51:27 AM »

ark looks good, but i've never liked leveling systems and bosses in survival games. they always ended up feeling like a directionless RPG, and even in minecraft the levels and bosses seemed tacky when you're already battling the entire world to stay alive.

this is what a lot of survival games seem to miss the mark on. you don't need a big boss at the end of the tunnel in a survival game, the entire game itself is an enemy. and especially if it's multiplayer, there's an endless resource of unique NPCs (and monsters) to fill your world right there. why should i care about what level i am if i need to light a fire, find water, shelter, and food just to keep from dying - let alone actually do anything beyond that?
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 05:29:03 PM »

If you expand your definition of survival game just a bit, you could try Pathologic.

Or, for that matter, Tension/The Void.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »

pathologic is great but there's an about 80% chance that you will absolutely hate it.
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 11:23:03 PM »

If you expand your definition of survival game just a bit, you could try Pathologic.

Or, for that matter, Tension/The Void.
I've played Pathologic at its release, and it was too weird for me. Plus there's no co-op. Sad
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 03:15:11 PM »

wurm was the best survival game

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic