Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:55:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPsychologist-created Game [Twine]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Psychologist-created Game [Twine]  (Read 568 times)
prappolt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »

Game description: A psychologist-created game that aims to teach young people about building resilience against patterns of behavior that undermine happiness. We would like to incorporate user-created scenarios, and are looking for feedback around what this should/could look like. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Found here: http://lifeninja.us
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:40:22 PM »

I have to give this a lot of praise for what it is trying to achieve. I've filled the little questionnaire at the end, and I can say that I am looking forward to seeing this game released. Do post about it more please.

schoko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »

I liked the concept but it did not count my points.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »

"Sad Zombies" is an absolutely hilarious title for a Psychologist's game about diagnosing thought patterns Smiley

Fun game, please continue!

LOUD
Level 1

Wait a few sec ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 12:47:01 PM »

I tried the game and answered the survey.
Fincks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »

Really interesting, answered the survey.
We Are Bots
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 04:39:34 AM »

Hello !

1)DREAMCATCHER - Score 440 -

The idea is interesting , even if it is not innovative it works very well. 45 seconds is a bit short. From a certain score (200+) it might be interesting to add a gameplay loop. As accelerate the speed, add new labels...
My only complaint is the sound when you caught a smiling faces. It's not really "nice" compared to the proposed positive experience.

2) BLOCK BIAS - Highhscore 36 -

Ok here it's not a video game anymore, it is a work of art! Nice work on the sound design (and music) that makes Block Bias very pleasant experience. The artistic direction with "pastel color" is really working well! Between all the games offered, this one is clearly my favorite by far.

3)SAD ZOMBIES - Not Working -
Uncaught RangeError: Invalid typed array lenght

4)HEAD HUNTER - IQ 505 -
It's like pacman but easier: you cant loose & "enemies" arent following you.
I understood it's a parable about how the brain works, but the concept does not convince me. I cant explain it in, i'm not enough fluent in english to explain it.

5) WORD - Score 3 -
I think it is a good exercise to learn grammar & vocabulary. It has to be in the native language of the player, i only be able to reach level 3. So noobish!

I sent some feedback using your google doc forms. Sorry for my english & thanks google trad !
Best regards !

BorealGames
Level 0

Bradley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 11:51:08 AM »

I second the error with Sad Zombies.  

I think in an effort to make Sweet Dreams feel more cohesive, the icons/images/sounds might want to be of similar style.  The real images of people may be better if they were cartoon like the clouds.  I think the dream catcher is a little small and the beep sound that is heard after catching a cloud is a little disorienting (for a second I thought it was my computer giving me some kind of error).  

I really enjoyed the Block Bias game.  The rules were simple and it wasn't too challenging.  I liked how the icons changed on each block and how the tower you created changed color over time. The tower actually looked really cool when I finished.

The other games are nice ideas but seem like a little thrown together and could be fleshed out a bit more.  In Head Hunter I wasn't able to lose and the clouds had similar color shades (white/light gray).  Consider how you can make this game more accessible (color blindness, language barriers).

Overall I like the ideas behind these games.

Working on an immersive card game in 3D.
Crystal Companies
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic