Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:12:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWarfare Simulator [Customizable battles between countries]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warfare Simulator [Customizable battles between countries]  (Read 29383 times)
Hell_Dev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2016, 06:59:35 AM »

http://war-sim.ga/ is a free, online Realistic Warfare simulator that uses data of two countries to provide real time war chronicles (the likes of war-time newspaper titles).

The simulator has 100+ events which split into many more based on the stats of states (army strength/developement, numbers of occupied cities etc.) City names are also customizable.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:11:21 AM by Hell_Dev » Logged

Intellectual development agitator
RedHickory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:16:48 PM »

I guess the title does say "simulator" but this definitely isn't anything beyond that.  Calling it "hiper realistic" made me think this was maybe a parody or something, but after looking at it I don't think that's what you are going for.  There are a number of misspellings ("offencive" for one) and it seems like more soldiers and higher tech should mean a win every time.  Beyond that, if both countries have identical size armies and the same army development, the outcome appears to be random.  Somewhat interesting to click through once, but it didn't hold my interest for long at all.

My browser-based RPG (WIP) - Chronicles of Tright.
Hell_Dev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:39:39 AM »

Okay, the spelling mistakes have to be worked on, I will see to it  WTF
And it is called hyper realistic exactly because it is quite a simple program and, frankly, it is meant to be random and simply for fun Tongue Glad you enjoyed the first time, I'll go and try to add more replayablity.

And, since it is very random, while overpowering with troops isn't ridiculous, the battle outcome might be unexpected (tested myself in many battles)  Smiley

koalefant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »

A little note on usability: on the first run, when country names are not entered "OK" button doesn't actually do anything, but still looks active. Maybe having default country names would help lazy players like me.  Hand Any Key

Working on a grappling-hook game about frogs DevLog
Hell_Dev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 04:29:09 AM »

Thats actually a very fair idea I haven't thought of yet! Droop
I'll make the button show that It can't be clicked, and perhaps add a random name gen!
Thanks! Hand Thumbs Up Left

Bayonetta cereza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 10:12:43 PM »

when i was playing this game a country launched a nuke and killed 50000 soldiers and 2000 deserted.

then...

OMG IT KILLED 2426112000 soldiers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS IT A BUG?Huh???
larryfy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »

I like the look of your tank. Just a idea, all your art style should have the same style. Right now the UI looks strange with the tank. Many change all the art work to the cute style as the tank? 
Hell_Dev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »

when i was playing this game a country launched a nuke and killed 50000 soldiers and 2000 deserted.

then...

OMG IT KILLED 2426112000 soldiers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS IT A BUG?Huh???

That is probably a bug, I'll try to fix it.

ALSO, moved to war-sim.ga since .tk domains suddenly became paid.

Bayonetta cereza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 11:38:57 PM »

can you also add maps in the next edition?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic