Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 07:19:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioAdvice for free or cheap noob-friendly Sequencer Software.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Advice for free or cheap noob-friendly Sequencer Software.  (Read 835 times)
schoko
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:10:00 AM »

Hey everyone.
I started to create some music for hobby projects, I am not really interested in becoming much of a pro in this field, but to get some basic understanding of composing for the fun of it.

At the moment I use Bosca Ceoil for that purpose. Good thing its free and comes with a bunch of instruments.

Considering my quite basic skill level and ambitions the limited set of functionality is quite sufficient. But there are a few things that I really miss. Like not being able to  mute certain channels or to export them separately, this is actually the main problem.

It would be awesome if anyone can share some experience about free or cheap Software that might match my requirements.

Best regards

shoko
Polly
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 05:29:32 AM »

SunVox
FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 05:44:05 AM »

I'm a huge fan of Mixcraft, it really helped me out when I first started out and didn't have a DAW outside of school. Plus their synth selection is quite excellent too! I think I got the very base version (Home Studio, ~$50), and I was able to churn out some decent stuff.

-Felix

Pearl Pixel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:48:26 AM »

I second Mixcraft, BUT do know going in that it just barely skims the surface - you will likely outgrow it within a year if you use it a lot Smiley

I can say however, that it is really good for teaching and learning the basics. If you can make stuff sound good in there, you can make it sound good in any DAW!

This whacko of a person makes music. Perhaps it is of interest: https://soundcloud.com/pearl_pixel
bauer
Level 1

Codes games & makes music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 12:05:21 PM »

I've been a customer for Reaper for many years now, it comes with a cheap price and a very generous trial (sort of infinite). It lacks a bit in the default plugin department but that is easily solved by a quick visit to http://www.vst4free.com/ Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic