Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:39:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPinkman - DEMO (feedback request)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pinkman - DEMO (feedback request)  (Read 1838 times)
BonzerKitten7
« on: July 22, 2016, 12:03:01 PM »

Hi! I've been developing Pinkman for some time now, and i would really appreciate any kind of feedback on it, critics, suggestions etc. Thank you! Smiley

You can play the DEMO on https://bonzerkitten7.itch.io/pinkman

Please note that the game is on a stage that could be considered ALPHA or similar, so there's a few bugs and only ten levels.
Chocky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 07:45:08 AM »

How about using the same button for jumping and flying?
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 08:37:15 AM »

Hi! That's a good question, i've thought about doing so, but it will not be possible since that sometime you may need to do a wall jump or use the "fart" when close to a wall, creating the need of a different button for each. But thank you so much for your suggestion, i'll abolutely try to figure out a way to use only one button for both.

Cheers! Smiley

Ps: Sorry if i said something wrong, it's not my main language.
LOUD
Level 1

Wait a few sec ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »

I would like to test your game but i can't play a platformer with a keyboard.
It's like asking me to eat spaghttis with a fork held by my foot.
I (insanely) encourage you to add controller support.

(If you wanna try my game : https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57042.0)
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »

I already did it, just need to update the game on itch.io haha Smiley
I'll do it tomorrow.
Glocke
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 04:39:03 AM »

Hi, I justed tested it ... after realizing that farting helped me solve Level 2, I failed at Level 3 xD
Anyway: the mechanics seem well chosen with a bit humor in it ^^

I like it! Were can we follow Pinkman?
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 06:19:37 AM »

I understand! Hahaha
Don't worry about getting stuck sometime, i made the game but i still needed some time to beat it haha.
It's good to know that you enjoyed. You can follow the game at his Greenlight page. :D

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730349005
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 08:34:47 AM »

Cool - Super Pink Boy Smiley. I liked it, controls felt nice. I got to level 7.

Weapon Hacker - roguelite metroidvania;
Battleship Solitaire - mindless podcast companion
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »

Super N Pink Boy! Tongue
You're good haha! level 7 is pretty hard, but i wanna see you beat level 9, level 9 is the hardest in my opinion haha.
Good to know that you liked the controls, i'm still improving them! Smiley
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »

The controls are a bit rough for me. Its hard to decide if I'm jumping or using the jet pack or what. I got to level 3 and gave up out of frustration.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 08:12:47 PM »

This is the sort of game I like and I had fun playing it.
I think the screaming is terrible though, I get that it's supposed to be a joke, but I'd recommend getting rid of it as soon as possible, lol.

I finished all the levels with relative ease and I think level design is pretty good.

Another recommendation I would make is to not allow the player to use the jetpack if he's on the floor. Since the animation is similar to jumping, it can be a bit confusing if the player doesn't press the right key.

Visually the game is appealing, but something is missing. You may have to dig deeper into that to make the game stand out even more.

As a fellow C2 user, I am 100% behind this project :D But please, use another font than the default one.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
LOUD
Level 1

Wait a few sec ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 06:53:08 AM »

Did you add gamepad suport ?
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »

Really? :/
What do you think that i could do to make it better?
Maybe some simple text talking about the controls could help.
I would like so much to hear your suggestion! Smiley
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »

It's so good to know that! Haha Smiley
Don't worry, the Wihelm scream will be "gone", there will be a 1-100 of chance to happen, like an easter egg.
That's a good idea, i'll make some tests and see if it work well, i really liked the idea haha.
Me too! I've made some kind of "dust" in the air to make the map more "alive", and it moves according to the movement of the player, you can see it on the new version that's online. Smiley

http://gamejolt.com/games/pinkman/169115

I was thinking the same haha, i'm using another one, with better a spacing and more minimalist, looks pretty cool now haha.
Thank you so much for all of your suggestions, they're so good! I'll absolutely take note of everything. If you have more suggestions, tell me, please! I appreciate it! Smiley
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 11:35:51 AM »

Not yet, but i'll as soon as possible! Probably tomorrow, i need someone to make some tests because i don't have a controller haha.
I'll call a friend of mine and ask him to help me. Thank you for your patience! Smiley
Babar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »

I love it ! The gameplay feels rights, the mechanics are well taught through the level design, the difficulty progresses at a steep but accessible speed, and I love the fact that if you fail too much you need to play the level multiple times to pass it, puts some more suspense in the game.

Good work !

BonzerKitten7
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 09:11:02 AM »

Thank you so much! Haha Smiley
It's good to know that you enjoyed, i'm working on more cool features to make it better, like gamepad support, time challenge mode, and more! :D
I love to hear these compliments, but if you have any suggestion, just tell me, please! Haha Smiley
Fincks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »

Hey,

Really cool game, it has potential! I saw that there was 100 level? That's a lot!
I stopped at level 10, I was stuck at the end, don't know why but I kept dying ahah.
I would suggest to change the key for scale. x and c are next to each other and sometimes while I wanted to fart, I actually changed the scale and would end up dying ahah. It was pretty fun, but could end up being frustrating.
BonzerKitten7
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 03:09:27 PM »

Hi! Smiley
Thank you! Haha, it's really good to know that you had some fun playing. :D
Yes there's 100 lovely handcrafted levels! Smiley
That's true, thank you for the suggestion, frustrations is not cool haha, i think i can change the scale button to "o", so it will be close to the "p", which is the pause button.
If you have more suggestions or if theres something more bothering you, just tell me, so we can try to fix it as soon as possible! Cheers Smiley
Fabs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 01:11:06 AM »

Fun demo, played it through and voted for it on greenlight.
A few suggestions:
The wall snap animation state doesn't trigger right away when touching a wall, which has a strange effect when doing rapid wall jumps, as the animation doesn't mirror the movement.
Maybe another level between 2 and 3 could help the player get used to the controls. Level 3 includes a series of challenges that's rather advanced and might be a better fit for a later level (jump, 3x wall jump, fart, wall jump, land on platform without a breather).
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic