Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:36:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEuclidean Lands - 3D space orientation puzzle
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Euclidean Lands - 3D space orientation puzzle  (Read 8675 times)
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:36:02 AM »

Hey everyone,
I'm miro and I've been developing EL for about a year, alongside school and work. Now that school is finished I am trying to push the game a bit more, development and marketing wise - so I ended up posting here while trying to set up a webpage.  
euclideanlands.com - probably doesnt wor for everyone, still didnt have time to do it properly  
https://www.facebook.com/EuclideanLands - show me some fb love please it's so poor there Smiley  
https://twitter.com/EuclideanLands - aand twitter

Player has now a long cloack for easy identification.

There are new mechanics like traps.

And sometimes turn limit.

some new levels, bigger and smaller(like this).

Enemies are more mystical.

aand im working on some rewards.

End of update here, below old gifs.

So the premise is rather easy - rotating cubes to flank your enemies, different enemy types etc.

I'm also trying to use graphic design, and texts as a level design, to tell the story or tutorial.

aaand fancy(i wish) graphic stuff

the game naturally features bosses with special enemies!

and some more gifs just because

and some funky error for the end

I'll probably post here some more later, show a website prototype, and hopefully a webGL demo!
Game is done in unity primarily for mobile, but lots of people have been asking for a pc version, so maybe... And vive could be really cool.
thanks for your time if you got this far!
m
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:03:13 AM by miro » Logged
pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 06:34:34 AM »

Nice! What is the game mechanics for battles with enemies? And what is the goal on the map - kill all enemies or achieve some position/arrangement of the board)?

PS. Do you have a twitter account for development progress? (if not, I think it's good for you to start it Wink  )

Citsua
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 06:35:19 AM »

This is looking amazing Who, Me? I'd totally play this forever if I had it on my phone
The graphics are reaaaally pretty too and I love the 3D text tutorial, keep up the good work!
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:43:45 AM »

Wow, nice style! I'm especially curious about the "telling story" bit, I feel like there's a huge potential for very original mechanics!

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 06:47:07 AM »

Heey guys  Smiley thank you for the positive feedback, stuff like this puts me allways back to developing  Kiss
Anyway, I have twitter https://twitter.com/EuclideanLands and facebook https://www.facebook.com/EuclideanLands

So at the moment the goal is to get all enemies, otherwise the game gets too short and easy. It's not very nice to them, but, well...
Most basicc enemy guards one tile, and you need to go from front or back, more advaanced guards two of them, some of them move, of throw spikes.
Then there are bosses - the lock away your ability to rotate world, and rotate it themselfs, because they are more powerfull. You need to watch for their pattern and adjust your movement in anticipation. This somehow switches the mechanics from space based to time based.

The telling story is a bit tricky unless I constrain the player, which is something I'd like to avoid.
Like, if you go for the intended solution, then you are like this is very nice, because you see the text in order it should appear. If you try more out-of-the-box approach, the messages might appear a bit random. still solving this. it works for like 5/10 players ussually.
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 01:36:02 AM »

Okay, so mockup of the page is done
euclideanlands.com
Would reaaly appreciate feedback, to see if the video plays for eveyone!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:50:44 AM by miro » Logged
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 03:51:38 AM »

This is looking jaw-droppingly beautiful and slick! The website looks equally good although the orange of the buttons is a little off to me for some reason and the background gif does not show on my phone. (iphone 5 with ios 9)

miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 03:58:49 AM »

Hey, thank you jctwood!
Do you have just a black background there ? This needs to be solved!
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 04:05:57 AM »

This looks pretty cool.

Also, great art style. Smiley

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 04:13:37 AM »

Looks very interesting, I loved the smooth animations.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 05:50:17 AM »

Love it. Rubiks cube with combat

miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 06:02:14 AM »

:)thanks everyone.
Also could you guys just check if the website works for you maybe?
Should look like this
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 06:10:04 AM »

It works for me now! It was just a black background before.

miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 06:11:44 AM »

It works for me now! It was just a black background before.
It works now because I removed overlaying pattern there, so it doesnt look so dope now. Somehow safari cant render opacity?? or the pattern, no idea why is it happening
crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 09:24:49 PM »

oh daaaaang this is nice

Caravan: devlog | website
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 11:24:11 PM »

The telling story is a bit tricky unless I constrain the player, which is something I'd like to avoid.
Like, if you go for the intended solution, then you are like this is very nice, because you see the text in order it should appear. If you try more out-of-the-box approach, the messages might appear a bit random. still solving this. it works for like 5/10 players ussually.
Well that's exactly why I have the feeling there could be something very interesting to find with that system ^^ Maybe it would be too much work for the importance you give to the narrative, but maybe it could be a way to give an awesome and original experience!

Otherwise the website looks great.

3-50.net
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 04:15:16 PM »

Holy frick this looks amazing. Following!

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 01:03:38 AM »

Thanks everyone guys !!:)

Well that's exactly why I have the feeling there could be something very interesting to find with that system ^^ Maybe it would be too much work for the importance you give to the narrative, but maybe it could be a way to give an awesome and original experience!

Otherwise the website looks great.
This would be actually doable with 2x2 cubes, but for 3 and up it gets tricky with so many possible moves every turn. Any ideas how to solve this greatly appreciated :D
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 08:09:48 AM »

I don't have any precise idea right now, but it's precisely because it gets tricky at 3 and up that I think that (maybe) there could be a way to do something original, probably by changing some rules in how it's behaving in your gifs.
Let us know when there's something playable, maybe I'll come up with a proposition for you if I get to try it myself!
By the way, I couldn't download your press kit on your page :/ It just seems to refresh the page.

3-50.net
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 11:01:17 AM »

I like the very colorful low-poly style. Smiley

Love it. Rubiks cube with combat
Euclidean Lands aka the Combat Cube! Grin

You can add that info into, devlog, website, etc to your signature (like pturecki did) and perhaps first post so it's easier to find.

By the way, I couldn't download your press kit on your page :/ It just seems to refresh the page.
Same here.  Also, the Trailer link does the same.  But the twitter button works fine.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic