Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:53:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEuclidean Lands - 3D space orientation puzzle
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Euclidean Lands - 3D space orientation puzzle  (Read 8674 times)
Frogs_Milk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 04:03:29 PM »

Spatial puzzling with RPG elements looks like an amazing combo. Creative.

FrogsMilk. Udderly Absurd.

@FrogsMilk
[email protected]
TheItalianeer.com
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 02:21:16 AM »

Hey guys, thanks a lot for checking it out Smiley
I like the very colorful low-poly style. Smiley

Love it. Rubiks cube with combat
Euclidean Lands aka the Combat Cube! Grin

You can add that info into, devlog, website, etc to your signature (like pturecki did) and perhaps first post so it's easier to find.

By the way, I couldn't download your press kit on your page :/ It just seems to refresh the page.
Same here.  Also, the Trailer link does the same.  But the twitter button works fine.

I am aware that the links go nowhere. Still working on the trailer and the press kit, but aaah it's a lot of work... The page is just a mockuup for now.

Spatial puzzling with RPG elements looks like an amazing combo. Creative.
Yay! thank you. Hope not to dissapoint you, but there is not so much of rpg elements there. that would be a bit complex for me to code...
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »

Hey, I'm not sure if Ishould have modify the thread, or post updates here as reply?
just to be sure this  goes up in devlogs, im (shamelessly) posting a reply as well. sorry?
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »

Posting replies is correct! Good animations in the latest gif, though I miss the rotations Smiley

miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »

thanks! when the level is flat(no rotations) it is a tutorial to intoduce a new mechanic - like a teleport here. It's easier to understand the basic principle in the most simple scenario(i think)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »

thanks! when the level is flat(no rotations) it is a tutorial to intoduce a new mechanic - like a teleport here. It's easier to understand the basic principle in the most simple scenario(i think)

Simple levels for tutorials makes sense. I watched the GIF about 4 few times and didn't realize the teleporter pads.. the red line extending from the enemy and the scarf from the player's avatar made me think the player used a long range weapon when the enemy turned around. I think this comes from red being used to distinguish many different kind of things.

Eluardian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 03:19:44 PM »

Great concept and strong aesthetic. Onto a winner here. Hand Thumbs Up Left

miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »

Simple levels for tutorials makes sense. I watched the GIF about 4 few times and didn't realize the teleporter pads.. the red line extending from the enemy and the scarf from the player's avatar made me think the player used a long range weapon when the enemy turned around. I think this comes from red being used to distinguish many different kind of things.
Yeah, I think you are rright looking at it now. I tried actual geometries before, but didnt look really good. Mabe if I linked them with flexible wire like stream of particles? red and white just fits there very well, and I get carried away...
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »

Great concept and strong aesthetic. Onto a winner here. Hand Thumbs Up Left

Beer! thank you thank you! hope it works out at least a little for me!
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 09:24:59 AM »

here is a testing of rewards on a bigger scale. deconstruction is nice, particles still too much bees like!
JShrum.Composer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »

Just discovered this, immediately signed up for the email list. Such an simple but inventive idea! Hand Thumbs Up Left

I make music! Take a listen:
WebsiteSoundcloud
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2016, 11:44:14 AM »

okay another post.
Bees and particles and whatnot are probably gone now, instead of this im tring to manually polish certain key levels
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 06:11:00 AM »

That box folding animation looks slick.

Hey, Euclidean Lands, meet []3: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57322.20;topicseen

miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 10:37:25 AM »

That box folding animation looks slick.

Hey, Euclidean Lands, meet []3: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57322.20;topicseen

hey, thanks Smiley
and thanks for showing □³ , seems mighty interesting!
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 10:19:36 AM »

okay, been experimenting a bit lately, and a thing i'm quite undecided about is a circular framing - it looks good comppositionwise I think, but doesn't have any gameplay relation or so... ideas?
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 10:29:09 AM »

My first impression would be to use a "box" as the sky and rotate it with the level.  It wouldn't have to be an actual box, but could be elements (e.g. clouds or other "floating islands") that would be rotated.  The game FEZ comes to mind that has a similar effect where you can rotate the environment and background elements are rotated accordingly.

MrAmlice
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »

Wow... I mostly Lurk tbh, but I feel I had to come out of my hole for this one. This looks so great, the aesthetic reminds me of Monument Valley and Journey. Both of these games are amazing in every way so that's pretty awesome! I really love the mechanics as well, the whole thing reminds me of a some super combat Rubik's cube... that sounds insane... insanity is golden!

Keep up the awesome work! I'm eager to see more!

jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 12:07:34 PM »

This looks so fresh and innovative. Reminds me a bit of Monument Valley, but with much, much more.

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »

Hey guys, thanks a lot!
I was just checking Unworthy the other day! love the big boss fight:)
Anyway,here's ascreenshot of a level with some housing, a bit more difficult than I  intended, but hopefully still fun.
miro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »

ookay another simple level now, I'm done with finetuning for the moment and back at level production

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic