Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:08:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for Writer (closed)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Writer (closed)  (Read 523 times)
matwek
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:55:24 AM »

Hey people,

I’m looking for a writer for a small mobile project I’m working on (I’ll be creating the art and game design and have a partner to take on the programming).
You can find a list of my past games here…
https://www.reddit.com/r/gameDevClassifieds/comments/4sye4l/game_designerpixel_artist_with_published_games/

The plan is to make a short-ish and interesting/unique text based adventure game and release it as a polished test run for something bigger and better that we will later work on for profit (if the team is still interested in working together).

The game will play similarly to a standard choose your own adventure game, where the player picks and chooses paths through the story, meeting characters and collecting items, but the twist comes at the end of the story.
The player takes on the role of an A.I. inside the body of a small lost robot who has no emotional feelings at all. At the end of the first play through the player will ‘learn’ an emotion depending on which ending is reached.
The game then restarts with the player taking control of the A.I. again in a new robot body but also with the new emotion installed. The game will play out the same but the inclusion of an emotion allows the player to interact with that same world in new and interesting ways.

With each play through of the game the Player will gain/lose various different emotions, making each play through have its own combinations of feelings and interactions for the player to experience. For example, playing through the game Angry + Sad is going to provide a different outcome if you’re Scared + Happy

More details can be provided once we pick a writer.

Whilst the basic premise behind the story is already decided, the main bulk of the written text will be totally up to the writer.

I will be away from my computer over the weekend but feel free to ask questions and send me examples of your work to [email protected].
The team will hopefully be picking a new member early next week.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:06:59 AM by matwek » Logged
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 04:42:29 AM »

Looks like quite a lot of work! But the idea is charming, good luck!

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
matwek
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 05:12:10 AM »

I should add that I also intend to help with the writing if needed.
There will be a fair amount of writing but I think I've managed to organise a system that reduces a lot of the work (hopfully).
Also the game will be relatively short, you'll probably be able to play through the game a few times in the space of an hour.

Looks like quite a lot of work! But the idea is charming, good luck!
Thanks. Hopefully we can live up to the 'charming' description.

The main idea is that the game is essentially endless. Each new play through of the game leaves you with a different set of 'Emotions' active in the next.
So you as the player has to decide when the 'End' of the game takes place, by making the decision to not restart the game.
matwek
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:06:40 AM »

Position is now closed. I'll hopefully be emailing applicants today
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic