Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 07:06:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsMini RPG Looking for Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mini RPG Looking for Artist  (Read 725 times)
bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2016, 11:54:42 AM »

So I'm trying to construct an intentionally small RPG where the main story arc takes about 2-3 hours to complete. The goal is to treat it more like a short story than the sweeping epic RPGs that are coming out now.

I've made some pretty decent progress on the technical front:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8knIto0Tyc

Gameplay wise, it's a bit of a love letter to both Chrono Trigger & the Mario and Luigi games. Story wise, I'm still storyboarding, but I want to try and tell a concise approachable story with some more serious underpinnings. Maybe touch on current events, maybe just touch on some personal issues of the developer(s).

Currently using a tileset and sprites off of GameDevMarket, but I think collaborating with someone would be good for the project. Think it would be cool if the visuals were in some way unique, and I'd like a person to bounce ideas with and to kinda run the art direction where I'm not proficient.

I didn't put whether the project is free or revshare intentionally; I don't know if I want to release this for profit or just as a free thing, it kinda depends on where it ends up. That can be something we discuss. I very much want to take artistic cues from someone else and determine the quality of the project when it really takes shape.

About me:
I've been doing game development professionally for nearly 10 years now, and I have a history of releasing things both with companies and under my own name. This is a side project, but I'm afforded enough time to take make it right. Previous releases have ranged from mid-range strategy games to casual games to AAA game engine tech. This project is well within my comfort zone. I pay people promptly (relevant if this becomes revshare), and I have a host of other collaborators who can verify this. I'm flexible on nearly all components of the project, from the story to the art direction - it's early-stage and I'm mostly putting feelers out to see if people want to get on board.

So... yea. If you're an artist and you want to come on board with this, I'd be happy to hear from you.

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 07:10:54 AM »

Some small updates in case anyone is interested in this:

I've been updating the dev log for this game on the regular, so you can see it's making forward progress. Not quite in the playable demo state, but the first dungeon is near-complete and the main story arc is outlined.
Once More With Feeling DevLog

Teamed up with someone briefly, but he vanished after making a handful of tiles. Ideally looking to partner with someone more reliable than that. ^^

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic