Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:22:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo Switch (formerly NX)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)  (Read 66294 times)
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 15, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »

Feel the Nintendo® Difference

Immersion Corp. (NASDAQ:IMMR), the leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, today announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with Nintendo to allow Immersion to adapt its TouchSense® technology to the new Nintendo SwitchTM. As part of the agreement, Nintendo receives a license to Immersion’s patent portfolio.

Once it is adapted to the Nintendo SwitchTM, game developers will be able to use Immersion’s TouchSense software suite to design games for the Nintendo SwitchTM system. Immersion’s TouchSense software will help developers provide immersive touch-based gaming controls to players around the world.

Immersion and Nintendo Enter into Agreement to Bring Immersion’s TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 15, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »

the nintendo itch
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: January 15, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »

I'm very curious about that touch feedback thing, hopefully devs will come with creative ways to use it Smiley

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 15, 2017, 03:39:24 PM »

hopefully devs will come with creative ways to use it Smiley

Big Laff

see motion control

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #624 on: January 15, 2017, 05:06:24 PM »

Can someone explain to me how Street Fighter is coming out so soon -- could anyone sign up & be a dev for the launch?
Or is that a special deal?
Will there be a Store for independent developers, or does everything require Nintendo to be your publisher?

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: January 15, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »

hopefully devs will come with creative ways to use it Smiley

Big Laff

see motion control

The keyword here is HOPEFULLY.
Nintendo probably is working on some things that use it well and Suda announced that he is working on a new No More Heroes for it. IMO one of the games that makes the best use of the Wii unique features.
And of course, indie devs will think of something.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 15, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »

Speaking of which; How easy will it be to develop for this thing? Does anyone have a devkit or anything like that yet?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 15, 2017, 06:38:46 PM »

If they do they're probably under an NDA
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 15, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »

You just need unity and apparently a switch then some more stuff like being subscribe to their dev site. I haven't tried yet, but I'm organizing myself to try to release a game this year on it, inspired by no man sky "lite". I don't know if I will succeed but that's a goal to keep me going and a deadline (end of the year).

From what I have heard, no indie have official devkit yet, but their is rumor that targeting an nvidia shiled build is a good enough approximation.

MrPhil
Level 0

Mr. Phil Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: January 15, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »

Speaking of which; How easy will it be to develop for this thing? Does anyone have a devkit or anything like that yet?
Unity says they will be supporting it, so I'd say not any harder than any other platform they support.
From Facebook

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: January 15, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »

Well, Nintendo recently made their developer site more friendly and with an easier registration: https://developer.nintendo.com/
Only WiiU and 3DS stuff are available for now thought.

Shovel Knight and Binding of Isaac are already confirmed for it. I find really strange that those weren't cited on their lists for 2017 games. They're probably announcing those when they talk about the console's digital store which is more region-specific.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 15, 2017, 07:44:08 PM »

After thinking about it more, the 2d streetfighter makes a LOT of sense, it doesn't tax the gpu and allow for long battery life I think ...

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: January 15, 2017, 11:05:40 PM »

Nah, that doesn't sound too likely, considering other games are super taxing on the GPU. Why would Capcom care if a SF5 port maxed out at 2.5 hours?

Capcom might just need more time to port SF over (assuming that's what they're doing), or maybe they're interested in porting the next MvC over to Switch.

Otherwise, I don't know why they'd go with the old 2D game vs. the last 3D one. Heck, I'd be interested in Third Strike, Capcom vs SNK 2, or another lesser-seen 2D fighter over old HD SF2.

Actually, pretty much any 2D Capcom games would be great on the Switch, in my opinion. An anthology of Capcom's NeoGeo Pocket games (like the Card Fighters games, if that was them), or a re-release of some of the DS Megaman games (i.e. Megaman Zero, Megaman ZX, etc) would be awesome. They've definitely got lots of choices available.

miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 15, 2017, 11:24:47 PM »

Huh, I thought Street Fighter V was console exclusive for PlayStation 4.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 16, 2017, 05:58:18 AM »

i guess it's patriotic loyalty
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: January 16, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »

@miguli - Ah, that's right - I think Sony helped fund it.

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: January 16, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »

Otherwise, I don't know why they'd go with the old 2D game vs. the last 3D one. Heck, I'd be interested in Third Strike, Capcom vs SNK 2, or another lesser-seen 2D fighter over old HD SF2.

You're kidding, right? It's obvious why they're doing it. The HD re-drawn port of SFII was developed and released for the PS3 and Xbox 360 several years ago. It came out only a few years after those systems had launched. So all of the base-level development for it has been long since completed, and patched for stability and balance. Its netcode is rock-solid, so the on-line multiplayer will be a walk in the park. It's literally just a matter of getting it running on the Switch hardware, and making a few slight interface tweaks.

They're doing it because it's cheap and easy. The Switch is an unknown factor. No one really knows if it will explode with huge sales, or crash and burn. Capcom is leery of going all-in on such a risky venture. They could end up spending a lot of development resources on a system that never gets the userbase it needs to shift software. So instead they are going with a nice, cheap port of one of their all-time most popular and best-selling titles. If the Switch tanks, then they spent as little as they could, and don't get hosed on development costs. If the Switch sells well, they have a long-standing critical darling that they can sell to a broad audience. (and ALSO didn't have to spend much on)

The reasons why Capcom would choose this particular port are so numerous that it's staggering. This is what I'm constantly baffled by with industry announcements and gamers. It's as if some gamers can only view the situation through their own tastes and desires, instead of trying to see it from a different perspective. If you take the time to think about this sort of thing, and try to look at it from a different point of view, a lot of these decisions become really obvious.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: January 16, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »

Hm, I guess, but the difference between "let's do X because it's easy" and "let's do X because there's demand" is pretty huge - if they just wanted to do what was both easy and at least a little interesting (to me, anyway), they could probably fairly easily port SF4, or any other Capcom re-release (like MM9 and MM10) to Switch.

I don't imagine there is a lot of demand for the HD SF2 port, being that it's an old re-release of an even older game. Was it particularly well-received on 360 and PS3?

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #638 on: January 16, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »

Who is hyped for Bomberman?

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 16, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »

Who is hyped for Bomberman?

Are you?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic