Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 12:32:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo Switch (formerly NX)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)  (Read 66295 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 16, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »

Switch fighter 2 have 2 new character, a rebalance of the game and a story mode. They brought back the original artist for more works.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2017, 04:24:32 PM »

The weirdest part of that Street Fighter (at least to me) is that the more hardcore SF player seem to be quite excited for it. Probably because Capcom is rebalancing SF2 for the first time in a long time.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: January 16, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »

WTF

That's what i was talking about with ARMS's view

I dont hate the view per se but the split screen like this is too much , i mean okay on a big HUGE screen and all but WTF , hope they will fix this (i dunno if the image is true or a troll fake )

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 16, 2017, 04:47:05 PM »

Lol probably just an error on their part, remember, they edit the image of the games on the photo in post production.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: January 16, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »

I hope so xd

anyway

miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 16, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »

Pretty sure it is because of marketing, so consumers parents  could understand they all are playing in the same match.

Also damn, BotW on the go.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:52:40 AM by miguli » Logged
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2017, 01:30:14 AM »

WTF

That's what i was talking about with ARMS's view

I dont hate the view per se but the split screen like this is too much , i mean okay on a big HUGE screen and all but WTF , hope they will fix this (i dunno if the image is true or a troll fake )

There's also this oficial image:

So, the first one is probably an error.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: January 17, 2017, 01:56:46 AM »

Tuba's pic is way better haha
Make more sense

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: January 17, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »

I don't imagine there is a lot of demand for the HD SF2 port, being that it's an old re-release of an even older game. Was it particularly well-received on 360 and PS3?

Yes, it was actually well-received. It sold decently, but not spectacularly. Part of this was because it was a digital-only release back when the digital storefronts for these consoles hadn't blown up into their present state. It's never actually had its own exclusive physical release. It was bundled together into a Capcom digital collection physical release, but that was it. If they are planning on making this version a physical release for the Switch, it will be a chance for Capcom to re-sell their previous efforts.

The demand for this port will depend largely on the audience that the Switch ends up attracting. The older the audience, the more likely that there will be solid demand for Ultra SFII. Street Fighter II is a beloved title for a lot of older gamers. It was THE original one-on-one fighting game for a lot of older gamers. For a lot of that older crowd, having a high-definition re-mastered version of that game on a system like the Switch would be very desirable. Younger gamers who are more familiar with 3D fighting games are less likely to be drawn to SFII's dated animations. The small number of animation frames is the one area where SFII suffers from the most. The gameplay is still rock-solid.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 17, 2017, 09:48:18 AM »

I will not buy Nintendo Swatch
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: January 17, 2017, 09:50:13 AM »

Knowing Capcom, USFII is probably not a Switch exclusive. Best case scenario it's a timed exclusive.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: January 17, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »

It was THE original one-on-one fighting game for a lot of older gamers. For a lot of that older crowd, having a high-definition re-mastered version of that game on a system like the Switch would be very desirable.
The older crowd grew up and left Nintendo behind, except for the few fanboys you constantly find on youtube. Also, there are more attractive fighters than the original SF2, at any age.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 17, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »

also wasnt the hd remake actually badly received among street fighter fans? at least i vaguely remember something like that.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: January 17, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »

The older crowd grew up and left Nintendo behind, except for the few fanboys you constantly find on youtube. Also, there are more attractive fighters than the original SF2, at any age.

No, that's a limited view of the circumstances. It stops at a mid-20s age range and doesn't look any further. A lot of gamers reach their teenage years and decide that they have "outgrown" Nintendo and want to focus exclusively on more "edgy" material. Often this means migrating to different platforms where such material is more plentiful.

But people don't stop growing. And frequently older gamers tend to "outgrow" gaming itself, lapsing from the hobby in their 30s and 40s. This is usually due less to preference and more to the pressures of an increasingly busy life and mounting responsibilities. Getting married and starting families are huge drains on your time, and a lot of "hardcore" gaming experiences require too much time. Time that was considerably more plentiful in your youth.

And this is the kind of lapsed gamer that Nintendo can successfully target with the Switch. And this is the kind of crowd that SFII would likely appeal to. The Switch is portable, which allows for much more flexible play. They can take it with them on their commute, or get in a few rounds while in the bathroom. A smaller, bite-sized play experience like a round of SFII is a good fit for that kind of format, and that kind of schedule. And with Nintendo's traditional family-friendly game options and parental controls, it's an appropriate gaming device to pass to the kids in the backseat for a long car ride.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 17, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »

also wasnt the hd remake actually badly received among street fighter fans? at least i vaguely remember something like that.
david sirlin stores and eats his own cum
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 17, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »

i outgrew nintendo and only play games where i kill zombies now

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: January 17, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »

No, that's a limited view of the circumstances. It stops at a mid-20s age range and doesn't look any further. A lot of gamers reach their teenage years and decide that they have "outgrown" Nintendo and want to focus exclusively on more "edgy" material. Often this means migrating to different platforms where such material is more plentiful.
Not "edgy" material. They simply want more mature themes, more immersion and more stuff to experience.

But people don't stop growing. And frequently older gamers tend to "outgrow" gaming itself, lapsing from the hobby in their 30s and 40s. This is usually due less to preference and more to the pressures of an increasingly busy life and mounting responsibilities. Getting married and starting families are huge drains on your time, and a lot of "hardcore" gaming experiences require too much time. Time that was considerably more plentiful in your youth.

And this is the kind of lapsed gamer that Nintendo can successfully target with the Switch. And this is the kind of crowd that SFII would likely appeal to. The Switch is portable, which allows for much more flexible play. They can take it with them on their commute, or get in a few rounds while in the bathroom.
You just described exactly the wrong audience to target with SF2.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 17, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »

david sirlin stores and eats his own cum
Playing To Win
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 17, 2017, 01:01:02 PM »

hdr was fucking ugly as sin and was enjoyed by 2 kinds of people: fighting game guys who were desperate to play super turbo and so immediately turned on classic mode, and normal people who didn't give a shit but downloaded it because it was street fighter and the bar was lower for downloadables back then

thankfully ultra sf2 will let you change the backgrounds. it might be interesting for a little while but it wont get long term support because throw teching is haram to the st hardcore
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: January 17, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »

You just described exactly the wrong audience to target with SF2.

How so? This is a fairly sweeping statement, yet you haven't provided any reasoning. I know a lot of older people who fondly remember playing Street Fighter II growing up. Quite a few of them would probably be interested in playing it again.

I'm certainly willing to listen if you have a convincing rebuttal. I just need to hear your reasoning.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic