Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:34:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo Switch (formerly NX)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)  (Read 66319 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 05, 2017, 08:10:51 AM »

Or you know, you don't have permanent internet connection where you live ... or you want to retain your game in the future without having to acess the cloud. Where is your P.T. god now? Also not all gamers are shut in that don't share game around with their friend.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #941 on: April 05, 2017, 08:25:23 AM »

games not locked to a single physical item are easier to share

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: April 05, 2017, 08:29:35 AM »

How so?

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #943 on: April 05, 2017, 08:32:15 AM »

ctrl+c, ctrl+v

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 05, 2017, 08:59:43 AM »

Or you know, you don't have permanent internet connection where you live ... or you want to retain your game in the future without having to acess the cloud. Where is your P.T. god now? Also not all gamers are shut in that don't share game around with their friend.
if you dont have intrnet but have new nintendo, who are you. Digital does not neccesary means drm too.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #945 on: April 05, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »

ctrl+c, ctrl+v

Huh?

You're going to have to be more specific.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 05, 2017, 01:10:22 PM »

if you dont have intrnet but have new nintendo, who are you. Digital does not neccesary means drm too.
Where in the world are you is a more apt question? I'm currently typing from a free hotspot at mc donald, which cut every 24mn or less. That's 1 hour of walk from where I live.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #947 on: April 05, 2017, 03:48:17 PM »

i like having physical copies of games because i can trade them or sell them when i'm done with them. also i am more likely to finish games i can actually hold, for some reason

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: April 05, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »

it's called a sunk cost fallacy

plastic and transportation is bad for the environment and ur all gluttonous twats

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: April 05, 2017, 04:40:07 PM »

Digital distribution is the future, I am willing to acknowledge this. I am always going to want physical copies because I am old-fashioned and like to have shelves full of games that I can look over and alphabetize. I probably would have ended up as some sort of librarian or curator if I hadn't learned how to program. I find something very soothing about putting shelves of items in proper order.

Digital distribution offers enough advantages that I am convinced it will become the norm as advances in technology continue to vault over the few hurdles standing in its way. For smaller indie games it already is the norm. Most of those come out digitally first, and often exclusively. Some only get physical releases as a limited-run prestige move long after they've made most of their money. This is the way things will eventually go. Most games will be digital, and only a few games will get limited physical runs for the crazy collectors like me. There's just no longer a need for physical releases for games. It's just a matter of weaning the consumers off of a long-standing habit.
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #950 on: April 05, 2017, 05:30:32 PM »

reminder that the original cave story was free

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 05, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »

plastic and transportation is bad for the environment and ur all gluttonous twats

Because a global electronic material platform that support internet isn't consumming any power and don't put stress on the planet ever ...

Sunk cost fallacy has a word for my 300 steams game too, I haven't played most of them, irrelevant

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #952 on: April 06, 2017, 07:15:51 AM »

Apparently the Switch version's gonna have co-op, which is cool. $30 (maybe?) is high, but if they added enough stuff, it'd be worth it, to me. They probably won't, though.

EDIT: I wonder if the original CS+ on Steam would get the co-op version backported for free or not.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: April 06, 2017, 07:51:16 AM »

i doubt it! nicalis never seems to do the thing that makes sense

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #954 on: April 06, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »

I donated $10 towards buying pixel a DS with cave story characters laser etched on it for his birthday way before '+' was a thing

so you're technically incorrect

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #955 on: April 06, 2017, 02:47:57 PM »

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #956 on: April 06, 2017, 03:44:55 PM »

ctrl+c, ctrl+v

Huh?

You're going to have to be more specific.
If you have a snes cartridge you cannot easily clone and share it. Also imagine your snes cartridge breaks, then that's it, your game is lost since you only have one instance of it. It is easier to keep games alive on pc, you can keep multiple copies and refresh them whenever you want.

Because a global electronic material platform that support internet isn't consumming any power and don't put stress on the planet ever ...
You are using this platform for shitposts anyway.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: April 06, 2017, 04:27:41 PM »

gonna go out on a limb here but I'm 100% sure downloading 30k copies of a game consumes less fossil energy than producing 30k carts or discs and shipping them from china and distributing them to stores

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #958 on: April 06, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »

You would go out on a limb if the sole purpose of the internet would be digital game distribution. Fact is, internet's infrastructure is constantly maintained, regardless what you intend to use it for.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: April 06, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »

gonna go out on a limb and assume that going out on a limb was used exaggeratedly as a way to emphasize the obvious truth of the comment

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic