Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:40:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSocial Media per Game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Social Media per Game?  (Read 644 times)
Bravo81
Level 0

Founder - Greenlight Games

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:08:40 AM »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get your opinions, we've got 6 titles now released and they mostly all have a website, email address, Facebook &/or Twitter page.
Does anyone else do this?

It's extremely hard to juggle all the accounts, so I wanted to know - what do you do?
Should we just keep one account for the company and share the titles with that?

Thoughts, opinions and insights to what large studios do would be helpful!

Thanks,
Dean.

http://www.greenlightgames.co.uk
StephanieW
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 03:27:05 AM »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get your opinions, we've got 6 titles now released and they mostly all have a website, email address, Facebook &/or Twitter page.
Does anyone else do this?

It's extremely hard to juggle all the accounts, so I wanted to know - what do you do?
Should we just keep one account for the company and share the titles with that?

Thoughts, opinions and insights to what large studios do would be helpful!

Thanks,
Dean.

I would go for using your studio twitter handle to talk about the games but have dedicated facebook pages for each of your titles.
readyplaygames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »

I'm taking notes on this. Thanks!
rhinboost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »

It is very important to have a different instagram account for each game, especially if you pay for Instagram Shouts. About facebook and twitter, on facebook we have a page for all of our games, while on twitter I only use my personal account for everything. I feel like there should be a community around the game, before building the separate page for the game.
Apalka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 11:27:39 PM »

Hey Dean,

From my experience it's good to have multiple accounts per each game (for bigger reach). However, if the accounts are "small" (less than 100 people?) you might want to delete them and get people to like your main profiles.

At the same time, managing multiple accounts isn't hard. You can use various online tools to make your life easier (schedule posts etc.) I guess it's all about your goals to be honest.

Games PR and Marketing Guy | Made the biggest YouTubers' list | Twitter | Email: [email protected]
Bravo81
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 02:22:22 AM »

Thanks for the feedback everyone,

Most of our accounts are pretty small but we're releasing two VR titles soon that we hope will be big hits.
Facebook is easier to manage IMO, I've never heard of Instagram being so big? Although we've ran Instagram ads via Facebook previously.

For Twitter, I find it a pain managing 6 feeds at once, what online tools do you all use?
Really it's for just that, having a community build around a game and having a way of contacting us.

http://www.greenlightgames.co.uk
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 04:37:05 AM »

There's a neat online tool called IFTTT that allows you to link various accounts - you post a screen on Facebook, it also gets posted on Twitter. It's not appropriate for EVERYTHING, since different socials need different content, but it can lighten your workload a bit.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic