Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 10:03:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfolios8/16-Bit "chiptune" style musician - Academically trained in Game Development
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 8/16-Bit "chiptune" style musician - Academically trained in Game Development  (Read 377 times)
Daniel Stoker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2016, 04:35:12 AM »

Hi everyone, everything you need to know is in the title really. A little more info about myself:

Recent Experience

I've recently completed work as a composer on Way of the Red, which has now been greenlit (www.wayofthered.com), and have also recently finished my contribution to a first person dungeon crawler (in the old DOS style, super retro) which is under NDA. I'm currently also working on Vision~SR, though there's no need for more music in this project for a while. So I have an opening for the next 6-12 months that I need to fill!

note: I have more experience than the above, and I can give you a list on request.

Education

Just over two years ago I finished a BSc (hons) level course in video games development, where I earned a first class honours (top of my class, a-woop!), so I understand what goes into making a game. Because of my course, I can do most everything for gaming in various degrees of competency. This includes design using 3DS Max, Playing with engines in Unity and Unreal 4, a little coding (never truly got the hang of it but understand the basics) and writing up GDDs and concept documentation. In truth, my Uni work mainly gave me experience working for others in an audio context - As the only person on my course with any kind of previous music experience, I ended up making the music and helping to implement the audio for 11 student projects, which included a pretty varied bunch of projects, from racing games in glorious 3D to an ambitious 2D horror project involving jumpscares, with squares as all the main characters. Jumpsquares, it was called. I still think with the right developer that could be a great game... Real youtube bait. Either way, I found myself able to complete these tasks to the satisfaction of my fellow students, and still managed to write my own dissertation and make a first person cyberpunk exploration / narrative driven game in Unity. Hard times, but great experiences.

Music

Anyway, I'm sure you're more interested in my work. To see some examples, see below:

http://danielstoker.jimdo.com (my site)
www.soundcloud.com/zigauche (my soundcloud)

While the audio on the above sites is ok, they're not a true representation of my skill or work ethic. The best way for you to see how I can fit to your game is to drop me an email from the above portfolio (or at the bottom of this post) or message me here on TIGSource. Just include what genre of game it is and either describe the visual aspects or send me some concept art. Any extra info you have will help me to get exactly the right feel for your project. I'll have something back to you in a few days, and am able to really churn out music depending on work load.

Pricing

Regrettably, My only stipulation is that I'm paid. How you pay is up to you - All up front, half at the beginning, half at the end, per-track... I'm not too fussed. I'm not overly keen on rev-share only projects due to being burned with projects promising the world and then disintegrating into the mist with my work before any payment is made, but if you can demonstrate that the project is definitely going to be released (steam greenlight, evidence of investors, almost complete product etc) then I will certainly consider it. Essentially I gauge every project by its individual merits and I'm happy to work something out with you. I'm incredibly passionate and devoted to development so if you feel I'm a good match for you get in touch!

Thanks,

Dan ([email protected])

Musician with a BSc(Hons 1st Class) in Game Design & Development:

www.danielstoker.jimdo.com
www.soundcloud.com/zigauche
HoffmanIV
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:42:43 PM »

Fellow chiptune nerd here who feels the need to vouch for Zigauche's services. The samples he's posted from Way of the Red are really, really good! What I really like about his work is that he brings a sense of ambience/soundscaping with his music, which is super important. If you're looking to get a soundtrack for your retro game that's not only catchy but fits, he's your guy.
Daniel Stoker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 04:02:02 AM »

Oh, I've only just seen this!

Thanks, really kind! Smiley

Musician with a BSc(Hons 1st Class) in Game Design & Development:

www.danielstoker.jimdo.com
www.soundcloud.com/zigauche
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: