Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:47:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSgt. Saturn - Toylike Run'N'Gun Space Shooter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Sgt. Saturn - Toylike Run'N'Gun Space Shooter  (Read 3262 times)
CullenCoyote
Level 0

@cullenddwyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 08:04:47 AM »

Totally loving the visual style of this game and the gameplay looks really fun and challenging already, keeping an eye on this one!

Thanks! 

You have my attention. Smiley

Cool

I definitely like the look - the art style and design are different from the average look, and the colors are nice!

Thank you so much!  More content coming soon!

Handsome Mr. Frog Released on Steam!
CullenCoyote
Level 0

@cullenddwyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 12:54:15 PM »

The Shop

Finally finished the shop! In between levels, you can spend the gems you have earned on any of these items:

-A gun unlock (adds it to the drop RNG)
-A heart (heal up)
-A perk (carries over between runs)

With LOTS of guns to unlock, this should stay fresh and interesting for awhile.

Pictured below is the P3NG-0 penguin launcher, the newest addition to the gun roster.

We really want to keep the game silly and toy-ish, so expect more goofy gun posts soon!

Over and Out,
Cullen

CullenCoyote
Level 0

@cullenddwyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »

Minor Update: ATM

There is an ATM in the shop now, which allows you to save gems between runs.

We did, however, put a withdrawal limit of 100 gems per visit, so don't go thinking you can cheat the system!

This is probably my favorite addition to the game so far because it adds a really neat element of replayability and charm.  If there is one thing I will never find enjoyable about making games though, it is UI.

UI is a mega pain in the ass that takes waaaaay too long to get working / looking good.  Normally when things are difficult or a bit of a grind during development, it feels worth it when you get to see how cool the thing came out.

Not UI though, by the time I'm done with a UI system, I am too burnt out to be able to appreciate it.  I hope that you all will appreciate the time spent on the shop UI for me!

Over and Out,
Cullen

nialltl
Level 0

pode racer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »

hahahaha oh my god the shopkeeper's wink

everything's still looking great. well done on staying strong through the UI phase! looking forward to playing this when it's out.

octopus racing -- Muddledash  |  first person skating -- flow state  |  twitter
CullenCoyote
Level 0

@cullenddwyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 10:08:19 AM »

hahahaha oh my god the shopkeeper's wink

everything's still looking great. well done on staying strong through the UI phase! looking forward to playing this when it's out.

Hey thanks!  Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink

CullenCoyote
Level 0

@cullenddwyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »

Some Guns in Progress

Chain Lightning

CHUCK'r (chuck taylor launcher)

Just wanted to drop these here!

Over,
Cullen

CullenCoyote
Level 0

@cullenddwyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 02:37:54 PM »

General Update #1

Hey everyone! Long time no post.  We've been very busy juggling multiple contracts and working away at this.

Over the last couple of weeks, we've been adding weapons, fixing bugs, improving art, polishing graphics and UI, trying out new systems, and finishing the final boss.

We spent a good week testing out a durability system where overusing a gun would cause it to break into a worse version of itself.  Because of this, we ended up with several new variations of guns, but ran into the issue of it not being fun.  We found that most of the game while this system was in was spent micromanaging your durability, which made you a bit afraid to shoot guns.  The good news is that we found that what makes the game really fun is what you weren't doing because of that: shooting.

While I really would like to update this devlog openly and frequently, I would also like for some of the game to remain a surprise when you all get to it, including the final boss sequence, and, as that is what I have been mostly working on, that is why I haven't been updating too frequently. 

Oh yeah, did I mention we got Greenlit!
Thanks for your support!

Here is the new title menu WIP in motion:

Over and Out for now,
Cullen

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic