Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:10:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOTOT
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: OTOT  (Read 6663 times)
Ghat-Smith
Level 0

Developer of the game OTOT

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »

OTOT - DevLog #1 : Project Presentation

OTOT is a 2D platform game combining action, exploration and strategy. You control a tiny character who has to survive against terrible enemies. Fortunately, you have an armed mecha allowing you to overcome the worst obstacles. The mecha is central to the gameplay. It is composed of several modules (weapons, engine, ...) that you can control individually.

Given the complexity to control the mecha, the game will feature a co-op mode allowing players to share the tasks between them. But playing solo will also be possible due to an AI which will help the player to control the mecha.

Bogon Games

OTOT is developed by Bogon Games, which is not a company but an entity composed by two passionate French.

Uubu is the artist who gave birth to OTOT through mockups. He also set up the main game design of the game.

Ghat-Smith is responsible for the game programming. He also participates in the design of the game by bringing his ideas.

He is a part time student, and works the other half of the time as a programmer in a company creating games and digital applications. His free time is devoted to OTOT.

Development progress

We already work on OTOT for several months. This period has been dedicated to research and development. We talked a lot about game design, and we searched technicals solutions to implement some complex desired features in the game. The game is developed with Unity.

Now that we have a relatively clear vision of what we want to do, and we have resolved some technical issues that we will not miss to explain in the near future, we are concentrated on the realization of a prototype.

The project is quite ambitious for a team of two people working on the project during free time, so we still have a lot of work. Nevertheless, we've already many game elements that we will finally be able to show. That's cool ! We waited a long time to be sure of the direction we were taking, we feel that it is now great time for us to expose our work to get feedbacks from the players.

We want to create one or two posts each week to talk about OTOT.
You can also follow the project on social networks :

Thanks for reading !
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:27:59 PM by Ghat-Smith » Logged

OTOT DevLog
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »

fuck it i'm interested

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 03:07:19 PM »

Woa, really nice style! Refined, realistic pixel art in a...post-apocalyptic desert world? Or is it steam punk? Or something new altogether?!
And will it play anything like Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime?

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
cottontrek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 04:43:12 PM »

This looks great - really digging the art style!

Ghat-Smith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 03:47:33 PM »

Hi guys ! Thanks for your first (positive <3) feedbacks.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is for sure one of our references. We plan to present the different aspects of the game through several posts. Our multiple references for the project will be presented progressively.

See you Wednesday for a new post, stay tuned ! ;)

OTOT DevLog
bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 10:54:37 PM »

It looks like your avatar is sporting a gun? Does that mean sometimes your mecha can get boarded, requiring you to blow some people up while managing outside threats?

'cause I think that'd be pretty rad. Wink

kcbanner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 06:28:21 AM »

Really cool art style, will be following this  Toast Right

rhys_vdw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 01:41:05 PM »

Wow. This looks incredible. Can't wait to see more!

Ghat-Smith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »

Thanks again for the positive feedbacks :).

It looks like your avatar is sporting a gun? Does that mean sometimes your mecha can get boarded, requiring you to blow some people up while managing outside threats?

'cause I think that'd be pretty rad. ;)

Yeah we would like something like that :D.

OTOT DevLog
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 03:00:54 AM »

Dare I say the structure reminds me of a Jawa Sandcrawler from Star Wars? Smiley

This is great. Really looking forward to more! Just followed you on Twitter, as well, so I hope to see your updates and other various odds and ends on there.

My final thought is that this has great potential for co-op, given its direction. Just my two cents :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Hephep
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 03:49:33 AM »

hop, a little reply to keep another eye on this game, one on twitter, one here, I won't miss anything  Wink

Ghat-Smith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 02:26:01 PM »

Dare I say the structure reminds me of a Jawa Sandcrawler from Star Wars? Smiley
Interesting. I'm a bit surprised because mostly people are making a link with the AT-AT from Star Wars ^^.

My final thought is that this has great potential for co-op, given its direction. Just my two cents :D
We hope too, really !

hop, a little reply to keep another eye on this game, one on twitter, one here, I won't miss anything  Wink
Judging by your avatar, you still have a third free eye :3.

OTOT - DevLog #2 : A familiar level design

A new concept art :

I wonder if this level design reminds you something ? :3
More explanations in the coming days !

OTOT DevLog
vmunhoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 05:04:16 PM »

This would be an awesome Worms level if there was another one on the other side. But I'm sure this is not what you was talking about

Twitter: @RockyXD @TurtleHearts_
RITG - Race In The Galaxy: studio site about the game
Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 05:17:40 PM »

I'm afraid I have a lot of thoughts, it remind me a Lisa painful rpg and Mercenary Kings and towers made me recall Vault-city... it looks like raider outpost with local bad-guy on top
and I guess it remind me images of nearby Ordos base that I had in mind while playing Dune2 on SegaMD2 as kid)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:23:26 PM by Shirsh » Logged

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 08:18:10 PM »

Interesting. I'm a bit surprised because mostly people are making a link with the AT-AT from Star Wars ^^.

We hope too, really !

hop, a little reply to keep another eye on this game, one on twitter, one here, I won't miss anything  Wink
Judging by your avatar, you still have a third free eye :3.

OTOT - DevLog #2 : A familiar level design

A new concept art :

More explanations in the coming days !

kinda getting an I Wanna Be the Guy vibe here, but I'm not sure if they took the level design from something else

bionic commando maybe?

(project looks incredible by the way)
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 01:37:44 AM »

I'm SURE that's the first level of Bionic Commando!

Very exciting project dudes  Hand Thumbs Up Right
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 11:54:42 AM »

I'm feeling the Bionic Commando, as well xD

Excited to hear what the reference may be if we're all wrong, hahahah!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 01:09:09 PM »

confirmed  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Ghat-Smith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 11:55:17 AM »

All your answers are interesting and you finally find the true answer, congrats !
I didn't know that this level of Bionic Comando was in the game "I Wanna Be The Guy Gaiden" :D.

Here is the gif that Uubu has prepared to show the answer :

Uubu had the idea to adapt the first level of Bionic Commando in the OTOT universe to see what would be the result. This won’t be in OTOT, but I found the idea too cool to not share it Wink. Perhaps you wonder why ? Not only because Bionic Commando is a great game, but mainly because one of the features of OTOT is symbolized by Bionic Commando. You guessed ? It’s the grappling hook for sure !

So be alert, next DevLog will talk about the grappling hook in OTOT Smiley. I hope you will enjoy.
Ho and don’t worry, you will be able to jump in OTOT (not like in Bionic Commando)..

OTOT DevLog
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »

I will forever approve of grappling hooks.

Ever since my childhood play through of Ocarina of Time, I love games that utilize grappling hooks (or in Zelda's case, the 'hookshot').

Looking forward to it! :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic