Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:11:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat is Superb Joe's friend phil fish up to these days?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: What is Superb Joe's friend phil fish up to these days?  (Read 9190 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 03:56:37 PM »

Is creatine good for a normal human
as long as what you're buying is just creatine, yeah it's not going to hurt you and should modestly increase your performance. however: lol the supplement industry is the fucking wild west and it's in their best interests to spike that shit with meth, steroids, etc so that you see actual results and buy some more. they self certify that its safe, its cool.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »

Are supplements actually spiked with meth?
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 03:59:29 PM »

A lot of preworkout can be
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »

Are supplements actually spiked with meth?
i could freeze dry and put my own shit into gel caps and bring it to market and nobody could or would stop me
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »

what I gather is that poop transplants is going to be the Next Big Thing in medicine because of new discoveries in links between gut flora and the immune system

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 05:54:15 PM »

I'm unfortunately pretty well read on clinical nutrition science stuff. Everyone talks like they know stuff, which means the noise is too great to meaningfully share information. But oh well, I'll just dump some facts I know anyway, because I feel like I have to at least try when someone potentially is doing something dum.

Keto is incredibly bad for you in the long run, it's a harsh treatment for people with epilepsy. Though it's not clear you're actually doing that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet#Adverse_effects

There is no actual opposition between keto and vegetarianism. Generally vegetarian version of extreme diets like "low-carb high-fat" work better as you don't get as many of the extreme downsides (i.e. die earlier).
CONCLUSION: A low-carbohydrate diet based on animal sources was associated with higher all-cause mortality in both men and women, whereas a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates.

The problem is that some people have weird ideas about what a vegetarian diet should look like and try to live mostly on raw vegetables or whatever. But you can have any balance of fat/protein/carbs you want, the only commonality being that you don't get the drawbacks of eating animal stuff (health wise or ethically)

More recent and more thorough studies on omega 3/6 balance indicate that there may be little to no effect of extra omega 3 intake. The bigger the studies, the less effects are found, indicating that initial findings may have been due to science's bias to publish interesting results. For example:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3786657/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid#Health_effects

But if you're going to get omega 3, it's safer (and more ethical obv.) to use non-animal sources (like oil from the algae the fish eat) as you won't get heavy metal poisoning.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 07:47:56 PM »

But if you're going to get omega 3, it's safer (and more ethical obv.) to use non-animal sources (like oil from the algae the fish eat) as you won't get heavy metal poisoning.

Y'know that might lend a bit of weight to a personal suspicion of mine...I've found that I crave fish and sushi now and then really really bad and I used to think my body was craving the omega oils.  Now I'm starting to think it's actually the iron content my body craves.

I've always craved other high Iron foods like cottage cheese, spinach or sprouts.  I've recently found that both sushi and soy sauce are very high in iron.

The thing about it though is after eating sushi I literally feel a buzz, a warm, pleasant, almost opiate-ish buzz...anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I was lucky enough to have a little sushi bar with the most laid back owner/chef that was always up for letting me try odd dishes not on the menu.  I asked him about this sushi-buzz and he just laughed and said it was good health taking hold.

He would let me try shit like eel of dubious source, it was good but he had to cook it.  I asked him if I could try it raw and he said I'd end up in the hospital.  He let me try some weird butter-fish that had to be "cooked" to be edible, his version of "cooking" this was to use some 190 proof alcohol as marinade to kill the germs then heat it up just enough for the alcohol to evaporate.  It tasted like shit and I got ever so slightly drunk off just one piece...I think it got into the fish deep enough that the low heat couldn't get it out enough.  One time we were talking in his restaurant when the door slams open and Phil fucking Fish marches in, grabs a whole salmon from the ice tray behind the counter, looks the chef in the eye and chokes down the whole fish like a pelican without breaking eye-contact with the poor restaurant-owner.  No chewing, no nothing he just gagged it down the whole fish in one piece.  He then whispered 'suck my dick' to the owner and slowly walked backwards to the door and left forever.  The owner was normally mellow about these things, his solution was usually to start sharpening his fillet knives if things got tense between his costumers but we all knew he would never use the thing on a person lol. 

He was actually the one who said my odd sushi cravings were the omega cravings if I remember correctly...

Any ways I'm starting to think it's Iron that I crave and gives that odd 'buzz', anyone ever heard of an iron 'buzz' or am I alone in experiencing this?

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 12:10:37 AM »

I'm unfortunately pretty well read on clinical nutrition science stuff. Everyone talks like they know stuff, which means the noise is too great to meaningfully share information. But oh well, I'll just dump some facts I know anyway, because I feel like I have to at least try when someone potentially is doing something dum.

Keto is incredibly bad for you in the long run, it's a harsh treatment for people with epilepsy. Though it's not clear you're actually doing that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet#Adverse_effects

There is no actual opposition between keto and vegetarianism. Generally vegetarian version of extreme diets like "low-carb high-fat" work better as you don't get as many of the extreme downsides (i.e. die earlier).
CONCLUSION: A low-carbohydrate diet based on animal sources was associated with higher all-cause mortality in both men and women, whereas a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates.

The problem is that some people have weird ideas about what a vegetarian diet should look like and try to live mostly on raw vegetables or whatever. But you can have any balance of fat/protein/carbs you want, the only commonality being that you don't get the drawbacks of eating animal stuff (health wise or ethically)

More recent and more thorough studies on omega 3/6 balance indicate that there may be little to no effect of extra omega 3 intake. The bigger the studies, the less effects are found, indicating that initial findings may have been due to science's bias to publish interesting results. For example:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3786657/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid#Health_effects

omega 3s are vital in the diet and looking at all cause mortality or tertiary prevention of cvd is missing the forest for the trees. it's exactly like b12 recommendations being set based solely on the prevention of pernicious anaemia using evidence from before the development of the methylmalonic acid test. it has so many roles in human development and health, from cognitive function, photoreceptor development, eicosanoids including leukotrienes, etc.
talum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 02:18:17 AM »

your wrong
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 02:21:27 AM »

talum are you even trying anymore

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 02:39:56 AM »

Why aren't you guys actually discussing Phil Fish by the way? I mean, I can understand the joke thread but not too sure why it'd be Phil Fish related.

Is it because there's not much to say about him and you guys are making fun of it?

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 02:48:40 AM »

search is broken but there are thread where phil fish is discussed in detail by people who actually interacted with him and were familiar with fez inner drama
talum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2016, 03:55:12 AM »

talum are you even trying anymore

u smell of feet
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2016, 04:07:43 AM »

If it were up to me, criticism of phil fish would be outlawed.
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 04:44:52 AM »

search is broken but there are thread where phil fish is discussed in detail by people who actually interacted with him and were familiar with fez inner drama

I actually tried "Phil Fish" but as you said, there are bits and pieces here and there but a lot of them are joke threads/joke comments or just basic name-calling. More often than not it "He's a [insult]" but it's mostly this type of mob mentality drivel.

It's too bad because I think his experience is relevant in a indie game dev context. It'd certainly be nice to chat with people who actually have known the guy.

Searching his posts on TIG proves to be more interesting and, to some extent, more insightful.

This, for example:
Ed Mcmillen only got to where he is today because he knew ME.
I can see as coming across as being fairly obnoxious (and I doubt the veracity of such statement).

While others:
i didnt get to where i am because i know brandon boyer.
as others have pointed it out in this thread, i can be quick to burn bridges, and im not shy about letting the people i dont like know i dont like them.
a LOT of people dont like me and want to see me fail. just read this fucking thread.
i got to where i am DESPITE a lot of people.
im where i am now because of hard fucking work and sacrifice.

Is more interesting and gives an insight of the guy.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2016, 04:53:58 AM »

i can ask some people and they can get you to the storage where there phils panties left
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 05:20:43 AM »

We will get to the bottom of this phil fish mystery for sure
talum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 05:38:13 AM »

the important thing is rj now knows we all hate him