Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:49:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 36 (August 26-29) [with a gotcha] [THEME: ancient technology]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 36 (August 26-29) [with a gotcha] [THEME: ancient technology]  (Read 18278 times)
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »

It was very tight but I managed to finish something playable and winnable yesterday. I like the overall vibe but I want to replace the movement code altogether.. The music was fun, I made something I didn't really like, but then I put tons of reverb and dist on top of the master track in Ableton and it turned out pretty nice.. Love when a shortcut works.

Having so much fun looking at the crazy stuff people are putting out!

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-36/?action=preview&uid=110378
The game plays way better with gamepad, but is playable with keyboard as well.

I really hate parkour games but hitting the next red button got me going much longer than usual. I'm sure it's better with a gamepad. I noticed two issues. First, jumping in the forward direction (away from camera) is difficult because I can't judge how much i've moved, making it hard to land on small platforms. I'd fix this by making platforms in that direction longer, or changing the angle of the shadow to be more top-down. This makes me think it would possibly be a good VR experience if you'd design a level where the camera doesn't move. In VR you get stereoscopic vision which helps figure out movement. Second, when trying to jump to a platform directly above me it seems like it's stuck. Probably because air movement is limited--not what I expected from years of Super Mario training, but I suppose it's a different balancing point.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »

Here is my game. It has aliens and everything is orange.

Rediscovering Earth

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-36/?action=preview&uid=112971

If you get an error while loading, try refreshing the page. Apparently it's a common rpgmaker MV issue, and I can't do much about it =.= I'm pretty depressed, I know it's not a good first impact.

Had fun playing this game. Simple and original idea that fits the theme. The biggest improvement would be mouse input instead of keyboard. Also some of the texts and the selector are difficult to read due to little contrast with the background.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2016, 01:45:33 AM »

Aaagh! It's over? Sorrryyyyyy. Cry Lots of stuff happened and ruined everything, basically. At least there were no ratings this time, so I didn't deprive you of that. But I still feel bad.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic