Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:45:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPoint and click Game Engine - Who would like one?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Point and click Game Engine - Who would like one?  (Read 500 times)
TurkeyRaider
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2016, 07:32:03 AM »

Hey all! I been wanting to make a point and click game for a long while, I currently thinking of making a Game Engine for it (GUI included). I've had alot of doubts, mainly because I think that no one will want to play it, but I wanted to ask if people (you) will be willing to use it, or find use in it. Please tell me. Smiley

Also, leave some suggestions on what you would like to be in the game engine (2D).  Beer!

What I'm thinking of having right now is:
-Basic point and click functionality.
-Particle effects
-Scripting/GUI Scripting
-Lighting
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »

ive never used adventure game studio but see what complaints people have about that then make something better?
TurkeyRaider
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:48:57 AM »

Thanks, I'll check it out Smiley
readyplaygames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 11:54:55 AM »

One of the big complaints is "pixel hunting" in classic point and clicks, where you're just dragging every item in your inventory all over the screen, desperate to find something that works.

I suppose it ties into the other big problem: unclear solutions to puzzles.

I have a watering can in my inventory, and there's a fire I need to put out. The answer, of course, is to go outside and turn on the sprinkler system by using the crank you found in your own basement 6 hours ago.
TurkeyRaider
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 12:26:14 PM »

Thanks for the reply but im talking about a game creaion tool not an actual game but thanks anyway.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic