Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:02:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesClash Royale
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Clash Royale  (Read 3511 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2016, 06:06:11 PM »

I've been working with this deck, level 6 taking out level 7 & 8 opponents in arena 4 and now starting to fight in 5.

I use a counter-heavy strategy. What is your strategy?

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:04:41 AM »

Yeah counter heavy seems the way to go. I only play cards unless I absolutely have to. Which is if I have max mana or I need to defend. I usually wait for the other player to over extend themselves and play 6+ worth of mana then drop a hogrider and goblin barrel in the opposite lane. That strategy got me from 1300 to 1700 in a weekend.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »

oops i forgot this thing was a thing. need to try it out.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »

Yeah counter heavy seems the way to go. I only play cards unless I absolutely have to. Which is if I have max mana or I need to defend. I usually wait for the other player to over extend themselves and play 6+ worth of mana then drop a hogrider and goblin barrel in the opposite lane. That strategy got me from 1300 to 1700 in a weekend.
What's yer deck? Friendly me at the clan quantumpilot.me if ye want (if you're not already clanned I guess, I dunno how to do direct challenges)

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 04:52:22 PM »

What's yer deck? Friendly me at the clan quantumpilot.me if ye want (if you're not already clanned I guess, I dunno how to do direct challenges)

Does this game not have friends? I can see your account but that's about it. I'm infinitestate and currently in "Le Canadien".

As for my deck, I go zap, goblin barrel, hogrider, valkyrie, musketeer, bomb skeleton, witch and for the last card it's either knight or giant skeleton.

I just got golem last night. That has to be one of the worst cards in the game. 8 cost and does way too little building damage. Might as well go giant.

oops i forgot this thing was a thing. need to try it out.

There's still time for you to turn back and save yourself

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »

There's still time for you to turn back and save yourself

too late now
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 06:13:13 PM »

Since I noticed everyone seems to just burn elixir and wait to counter whatever you play, my strategy has become to place really slow moving cards behind my castle right before an elixir gets wasted due to maxing out.

This has been working pretty well since the unit advances so slowly that I will get an opportunity to drop a counter to whatever counter they play and I'm also 'forcing' them to waste elixir while using all of mine to full potential (in theory)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:35:01 PM by Mittens » Logged

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »

Since I noticed everyone seems to just burn elixir and wait to counter whatever you play, my strategy has become to place really slow moving cards behind my castle right before an elixir gets wasted due to maxing out.

This has been working pretty well since the unit advances so slowly that I will get an opportunity to drop a counter to whatever counter they play and I'm also 'forcing' them to waste elixir while using all of mine to full potential (in theory)
I just realized last week by accident you can drop troops behind your castle!

Yep, good strategy there. I've been using the Giant skeleton or Valkryie for that slow push, then dropping a Witch or Minion Horde or Valk or Prince behind depending on what the ydrop.. or like if they drop something weak in the other lane, time to push hard.

I'm realizing that some troops are good vs other troops (Witch) and some are good vs buildings (Giant Skeleton bomb) and you gotta mix and match.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »

That's a key part of the strategy. If you hit 10, drop something slow as far back as possible. The idea is hopefully the opponent will overcompensate a counter on that lane by the time you get a sizable amount of elixer back.

An example would be dropping skeleton giant or valkyrie and having them counter with minion horde + something else like archer (8 elixer). At that point you know you can hogrider/goblin barrel the opposite lane and have 2/3 damage almost guaranteed. If they don't respond you'll have enough momentum to steamroll the castle. If they do, you've done your damage and have enough elixer to wipe up anything left of their counter.

It feels to me like front line plays rarely make sense unless they are reactions.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 03:17:10 PM »

Yeah. I need to try some cards that get instant damage to their towers. I have the barrel, looking for the miner & the mirror.

What arena are you? What's your deck?

triplejump
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 07:49:07 AM »

This game is great. Lately I've been around 2150 trophies (arena 7) and my deck is:
* archers
* barbarians
* princess
* witch
* valkyrie
* inferno tower
* zap
* arrows
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »

This game is great. Lately I've been around 2150 trophies (arena 7) and my deck is:
* archers
* barbarians
* princess
* witch
* valkyrie
* inferno tower
* zap
* arrows

Lots of anti-group, huh! Princess, Witch, Valk, Zap, Arrows.. even barbs kind of. Interesting

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 05:49:19 PM »

* archers
* barbarians
* princess
* witch
* valkyrie
* inferno tower
* zap
* arrows

You actually managed to get a princess? I want that card so bad. She seems a little unfair tbh

I've recently come around and realized the value of elixir generators. I thought they were bad because their output is so slow (1 elixir every 10 seconds) but their true value lies in the fact that you can use it to play even more passively. When you hit 10, instead of dropping a minion behind your tower because you have no option you drop an elixir generator instead. You get another 5 elixir of time to be reactive plus if they launch an offensive you have more elixir to counter with.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 04:28:36 AM »

Yeah Princess splash at massive range seems nuts.
Elixir Generator seems like a great way to break the game.. in theory. Haven't gotten one yet but having more elixir seems very useful.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 09:07:56 AM »

Elixir Generator seems like a great way to break the game.. in theory. Haven't gotten one yet but having more elixir seems very useful.

The rate it generates elixir is so slow I suspect you might end up with 1 extra elixir overall. If someone damages it even slightly I think you are ultimately at a loss.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 09:22:55 AM »

The rate it generates elixir is so slow I suspect you might end up with 1 extra elixir overall. If someone damages it even slightly I think you are ultimately at a loss.

Ok interesting.

I'm finding that the Giant Skeleton is super useful for killing enemy towers. It feels a little ridiculous, but it's fun.

triplejump
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 11:31:23 AM »

Princess got its splash damage nerfed but it's still good for chipping away at the tower. I like it more than the Royal Giant b/c it's versatile; you can take out minion groups, play it behind your tower to defend before pushing up, or play it midfield to support a defense on the opposite side before joining the push you're building on its side.

The card I want the most right now is Poison. It's great for defense, and can also do direct damage to the tower that can add up to a lot over the course of a game, depending on how you use it.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »

Princess got its splash damage nerfed but it's still good for chipping away at the tower. I like it more than the Royal Giant b/c it's versatile; you can take out minion groups, play it behind your tower to defend before pushing up, or play it midfield to support a defense on the opposite side before joining the push you're building on its side.

The card I want the most right now is Poison. It's great for defense, and can also do direct damage to the tower that can add up to a lot over the course of a game, depending on how you use it.

Poison has wrecked my build a few times. The princess range reaching to the other lane is a handy feature.. I haven't seen anything compare besides the (static) X-Bow.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »

It's so frustrating that I have no chance at all of unlocking coveted cards like Princess until I'm in the higher arenas. It feels like an endless cycle since I would get to those higher arenas easier if I had the cards to play

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 07:56:59 AM »

It's so frustrating that I have no chance at all of unlocking coveted cards like Princess until I'm in the higher arenas. It feels like an endless cycle since I would get to those higher arenas easier if I had the cards to play

Uh.. yeah. That's called monetization

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic