Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:49:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFederation forces
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Federation forces  (Read 3236 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 11:15:41 AM »

this game is some next level shit (badum tish)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 04:23:21 PM »

the maze level mentioned in the kotaku review sounds really cool. wish this game came out two years ago so i could've played with college buds

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 01:45:04 AM »

i'm starting a tour of continental america, starting in newfoundland and labrador until i reach the mexican border in california and i intend to slap the 3ds out of the hands of any and all adults at all campuses along my route
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 02:32:12 AM »

on ur way meet me and lets hang my bro man

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »

Game is pretty good for what it is. It's actually more Metroid than I was expecting, there's a lot of puzzles and even some exploring to do. The Metroid Prime gameplay is there, it just lacks the structure of a proper one being divided in small missions and with a big focus on multiplayer. It's like Metroid 4 Swords or something.

The big deal isn't federation force really, people rage because of other M and further downplaying of samus as a main character. Internet drama. NObody expect the game to be bad, they are worried it mean the end of their franchise identity and the end of it period, it's the same drama as with the megaman community.

I hate this culture where everything needs to be a franchise that goes on forever, people should celebrate that we have more than 30 great Mega Man games instead of complaining that we don't have more. Federation Force could just be a new IP but because of that kind of thinking Nintendo had to stuck "Metroid" in it or no one would care.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:32:28 AM by Tuba » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 09:48:04 AM »

banjo kazooie nuts and bolts was a good and enjoyable game that should get a sequel to iron out its few glaring flaws (chiefly level design and the core mechanic being "optional").
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:53:22 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:48:35 AM »

yes. also unsure if it should have been called banjo kazooie, but i have to say i love its weird cubey aesthetic version of the characters so

I hate this culture where everything needs to be a franchise that goes on forever, people should celebrate that we have more than 30 great Mega Man games instead of complaining that we don't have more. Federation Force could just be a new IP but because of that kind of thinking Nintendo had to stuck "Metroid" in it or no one would care.

i agree, but if you look at it from actual metroid games developed, you have only 5, one of which is a remake, plus one spinoff and a separate spinoff franchise (which is very good, mind) of 3 games with its own three spinoff games.

that's a lot, but there's still only those core 4 games if you really think about it, and people like me have been waiting up on metroid 5 since they played fusion all those years ago.

not that the series necessarily needs to continue, but the possibility space of a metroid dread from a narrative perspective is fascinating, especially if it's as meshed with its gameplay as fusion (my favorite metroid. the best metroid? i don't know) was.

people are getting upset because nintendo's ignoring the possibilities of a 5th metroid in favor of a game made up of destiny-lite missions. which, i mean, whatever. this game didn't have to be metroid and would be better if it ignored metroid as a concept, probably. nobody would be as weirdly sad.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 11:51:01 AM »

to get nerds to accept change, the game has to be really obviously excellent. resident evil 4 was very well received when it came out for example. sure there are still diehards who think it "ruined" the franchise, but those always exist.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 12:28:54 PM »

not that the series necessarily needs to continue, but the possibility space of a metroid dread from a narrative perspective is fascinating, especially if it's as meshed with its gameplay as fusion (my favorite metroid. the best metroid? i don't know) was.

I could argue that there's always space to continue telling the story, so much that we had 4 games released after Fusion and none of them happens after it.

The sad thing here is that it seems to me that the main idea of Federation Force is to tell more of that story, expanding Metroid's universe by talking about stuff that is related to Samus but that doesn't involve her directly. And I haven't finished the game yet but from what I've played it's all done very well.

I just don't think that anyone cares about that story.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 01:01:43 PM »

the real tragedy is that the actual metroid torch was picked up by konami who kept cloning the same game without improvements for 10 years while mostly ignoring what made the original castlevanias good

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 01:08:53 PM »

Ori & The Blind Forest has the torch, it's better than most Castlevanias IMO.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »

to get nerds to accept change, the game has to be really obviously excellent. METROID PRIME was very well received when it came out for example. sure there are still diehards who think it "ruined" the franchise, but those always exist.

Gentleman FIXED

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 01:29:55 PM »

nope. metroid prime is much more similar to super metroid than RE4 is to RE1-3.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »

the real tragedy is that the actual metroid torch was picked up by konami who kept cloning the same game without improvements for 10 years while mostly ignoring what made the original castlevanias good

metroid prime 1 and 2 are great games
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »

i wish franchises didnt exist so we didn't have to go through these endless discussions about whether a game is "true to the franchise" every single time.
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 01:45:13 PM »

Sakamoto does not give shit about metroid anymore because it seems he is tired of the  franchise. Only way metroid is happening in recent years if Retro studio is working on it which is  unlikely. I just hope Nintendo dont skip generation for metroid like they did for 64.

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 01:50:31 PM »

The real tragedy is that no metroid like or metroidvanias has surpassed the level design of Super metroid yet.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2016, 04:14:44 PM »

The real tragedy is that no metroid like or metroidvanias has surpassed the level design of Super metroid yet.
Metroid 2 remake fangame

nope. metroid prime is much more similar to super metroid than RE4 is to RE1-3.

Both are shift in perspective that change how we look at a franchise gameplay. RE4, you shoot zombie, can't move while shooting, tank control, find theme key to progress ...

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »

IMO Metroid Prime translates perfectly the essence of Super Metroid to the first person perspective. You get the same feeling of isolation and discovery from both and to me, they are both on the same level.

RE4 is a bigger change to RE1-3 than Prime is to Super but I can still see some of the Resident Evil "essence" in it, there's still a lot of suspense, you're still lost in this big unknown place trying to survive, inventory management and all of that. RE5 and 6 is where the focus shifted to action and it stopped feeling like a RE game.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »

re4 just partially copies the control scheme and the zombie theme and does something that is almost the literal opposite of the original games (this is not a criticism btw, RE4 is one of my all time faves). metroid prime is just metroid in three dee.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic