Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:33:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327157 times)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »

The only parts I didn't like about the game were the bosses.

I still can't beat the guy  Sad
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »

Life bores me to no end. I feel that even when I try hard I get nowhere. So I've given the what's the point mentality to pretty much anything except my relationships. I hope this is just a phase and it'll pass, but it's been going on for so long I just don't know anymore.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »

Life bores me to no end. I feel that even when I try hard I get nowhere. So I've given the what's the point mentality to pretty much anything except my relationships. I hope this is just a phase and it'll pass, but it's been going on for so long I just don't know anymore.
A what's the point mentality is a terrible thing to have. Get rid of it and you may be better off.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

A what's the point mentality is a terrible thing to have. Get rid of it and you may be better off.
Oh trust me I tried. It just that usually others around me always get pushed forward making my efforts seem pointless in comparison.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2009, 05:23:12 PM »

Ken, that is probably depression. Try to go out of your routine, that usually helps.

It has precedent though -- there's Messhof's "Punishment" series, which I think is what started the trend.

Wouldn't Owata be the first one?

And Greg, I think you're missing the point of IWBTG and most of these contemporary impossible games, which is humor. They take what was the norm in the 8-bit days and make it ridiculous. 'Slapstick' is a good way to describe it, like Jad said.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »

True, hence my saying it was masochistic. The only people who can really enjoy those games are people who like feeling bad, or those people who are so compulsive about games that they can't help but try to finish it no matter how hard it is or how little fun they're having.
Huh. I never played it but I'd've thought the kinds of people to play it would be all but those types. Like those above me said, it's a humorous take on games, not meant to be taken seriously by the hardcore, but to be laughed at by the...easy-laughers. Not to keep going out of obsession or masochism, but out of a curiosity to see what other crazy things the game has in store to throw at you.

ortoslon
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »

It's like the platformer equivalent of bullet hell games.
Spike garden games?
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2009, 09:11:42 PM »

Oh trust me I tried. It just that usually others around me always get pushed forward making my efforts seem pointless in comparison.
Find a thing that turns your "why?" into "why not?". Don't do things because there is a point to it (there isn't, at least not provably, so stop looking for a point). Do things because they're awesome.

There are a lot of things that aren't awesome. Just ignore those. Don't be frustrated over the things you can't do, it's not worth it.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2009, 05:00:07 PM »

You must all watch this short film about a cat and mouse couple living in the future, animated in a style that one might expect from a cactus game:

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »

Funny, I saw that cat and mouse featured on the same day as this:

I think this needs to inspire a game of some sort. Even an adventure game where everything is origami. Kind of a neverhood with paper.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »

CHARLIE THE UNICORN 3 IS OUT!!!

redoubtable troutbot
Level 2

The robot is your friend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »

Is this the new "random funny shit" thread?
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »

SWORDS WILL FUCKING CUT YOU WIDE OPEN

Shocked
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »

Is this the new "random funny shit" thread?
No, the things posted here need not be funny, and probably shouldn't be (they should be posted in that thread).

Like, the cat/mouse video is interesting, cute, charming, but also sad, and it makes you think.
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2009, 06:57:05 PM »

Shocked

I'm not done watching this yet, but when he cut the cucumber and the rubber ball in the air, I was like  Shocked  Addicted

I have to finish the video now. (Its a long one!)

EDIT: OH GOD!  Crazy It just gets more amazing. I won't spoil the rest though.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »

Man... just... man. Some people are crazy good.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2009, 03:07:28 AM »

"The operation of this to which the sword has been returned without cutting a wooden stand is terrible."
 Big Laff
The translation is pretty weird, but the guy's just awesome.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2009, 03:11:26 AM »

One of these things is not like the others...

Pretty hilarious.

(Link and title from Reddit)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2009, 03:12:56 AM »

One of my friends is actually a student of katana-fighting, and owns like three of them, a crossbow, and a battle ax, and teaches martial arts. He also cut off his father's hand once. He also did the portrait art for Immortal Defense. I sent him that video since he's always talking about being the best swordsman in the world and never having been defeated in a sword duel.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2009, 03:44:09 AM »

Shocked

I'm not done watching this yet, but when he cut the cucumber and the rubber ball in the air, I was like  Shocked  Addicted

I have to finish the video now. (Its a long one!)

EDIT: OH GOD!  Crazy It just gets more amazing. I won't spoil the rest though.
Saw that the other day. Holy crap that is so awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic