Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 04:43:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327581 times)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10040 on: February 19, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »

is the best LP.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: February 19, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »

Wrong.
pgil
« Reply #10042 on: February 19, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10043 on: February 20, 2012, 04:28:57 AM »

Ubisoft released 7 minutes of game segments from Far Cry 3. I'm a bit worried for the XP counter and I didn't saw much advantage with stealth on the video, which is one of the best points of the first Far Cry. Perhaps there's a difficulty setting for the later so I'm also not too worried about it.
Overall,  Kiss.

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10044 on: February 20, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »

Ubisoft released 7 minutes of game segments from Far Cry 3. I'm a bit worried for the XP counter and I didn't saw much advantage with stealth on the video, which is one of the best points of the first Far Cry. Perhaps there's a difficulty setting for the later so I'm also not too worried about it.
Overall,  Kiss.

Wow...looks nice. And i see they will use the dubstep music during all the game. Some people gonna hate that...but i feel it fits well with the concept....

...I feel funny Hand Money Left Addicted Hand Money Right

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10045 on: February 20, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »

From Software made that level didn't they?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10046 on: February 20, 2012, 02:47:25 PM »

Overall,  Kiss.

The colors, Duke! The colors!

leonelc29
« Reply #10047 on: February 20, 2012, 08:16:49 PM »

Overall,  Kiss.

ohh god, i love that part with the crazy hallucination! but the enemy indicator is kinda...

in fact, i should start playing Far Cry 1, i heard he's a crazy immortal that can pop out bullet inside his hand using his finger.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10048 on: February 21, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »

Ubuntu was announced for phones. Holy shit. http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10049 on: February 21, 2012, 01:08:46 PM »

That's pretty damn cool. But I imagine the phone needs to be quite powerful to run an Ubuntu desktop at a usable speed.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10050 on: February 21, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »

Hmm, so I can carry Ubuntu on my phone and plug it to any computer provided I also carry the dock with me? Couldn't I just install Linux to memorystick and run it from that? I mean, I don't very often encounter separate monitors with keyboards etc. but which lack a PC-unit  Concerned
Or did I understand something wrong? Or perhaps it is just me who wouldn't have much use for this.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10051 on: February 21, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »

Yeah, it requires a dual-core phone with 512mb ram. It won't run Quake 4 on it but it's still pretty cool when you're out and you want to access your personal data from a monitor. Or yet, could be some sort of PC+phone combo for anyone that doesn't want to spend money on both of them.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Nope, you've to connect to a monitor. You could run Linux from a pen but I think the audience of the phone will be:
-Less tech sawy people.
-People who want their documents on a phone and a PC at the same time.
-People that want a relatively cheap PC+Phone combo.
-Ubuntu lovers. (hehe)
So I don't have a use for it either but like the Raspberry Pi project I think this is a big achievement for technology.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10052 on: February 21, 2012, 02:45:01 PM »

Yeah, it is definitely a kind of "wake up" for how technology has advanced enough that desktop OS can be run from smartphone, but other than that it seems rather  gimmicky to me.
-Less tech sawy people.
-People who want their documents on a phone and a PC at the same time.
-People that want a relatively cheap PC+Phone combo.
-Ubuntu lovers. (hehe)
While I think you have some points here I think that:
1. Even though things have been changing lately, Usually "less tech savvy" people tend to not use Linux, even Ubuntu.
2. There is lots of syncing services which IMO are rather easier to use. Probably just matter of opinion so you have a point I guess.
3. Seems like a really niche group to me.
4. Tongue

I think that some businessmen might have some use for this, but even then if one would want portable OS, memory-stick would work pretty much as well since like I already said, place which has monitor and keyboard probably has a pc-unit too Wink Of course booting from stick needs a bit knowledge but using Linux itself still needs a bit higher expertise than Windows IMO.

But yeah, it is technologically cool. Don't just see much coolness in its functionality though.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10053 on: February 21, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »

For most people I can see how can it be reluctant. I already have a PC at home and I'm not really interested on having a PC on my phone. So as a tech geek I'm probably biased by the technicalities of it rather than the usefulness that can have on most individuals. =p

As for the audiences: I think that Ubuntu is appealing to less tech sawy audience. It might not be very known for anyone outside of the interest of computers but I think that Canonical makes Ubuntu easy enough to use for these individuals, being this phone the case in point.

As for the third group I think one of the reasons Apple implemented OTA (over the air) updates on iOS 5 was because there were a lot of houses that used an iOS device as their sole device to go to the internet, as they didn't have a computer. So this was why I thought that a phone with Ubuntu would be a nice pack for these houses.

Overall I'm interested on what this can lead, even if I don't have a use for it.

Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: February 21, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »

As for the audiences: I think that Ubuntu is appealing to less tech sawy audience. It might not be very known for anyone outside of the interest of computers but I think that Canonical makes Ubuntu easy enough to use for these individuals, being this phone the case in point.
I don't know. As long as nothing goes wrong where you have to mess with the terminal, I guess.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10055 on: February 21, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »

It's going to be awesome when we start getting laptop shells for smartphones. Just slide your phone into the side of your laptop and watch for the magic.  Smiley
I personally see that as the next step for this tech. Because, come on, like noted there's not really much use to having it as a desktop. But as a smartphone and a laptop? I could go for that.

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: February 21, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

There better be more perks for sliding a PDA into a shell rather than just a larger resolution. I expect hardware support. Possibly even more power inside the shell.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10057 on: February 21, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »

I think that's a possibility.
Extra ports is a must, just like a regular laptop has ports. Other things could be an extended battery and external graphics card. Maybe even an extra storage drive.
With something like thunderbolt I think you'd have the necessary data throughput to manage all of those components's I/O with a single or double connection.(because if you have to slide in a PDA it needs to go in and out easily and smoothly)

Theophilus
« Reply #10058 on: February 21, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10059 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »

It's going to be awesome when we start getting laptop shells for smartphones. Just slide your phone into the side of your laptop and watch for the magic.  Smiley
I personally see that as the next step for this tech. Because, come on, like noted there's not really much use to having it as a desktop. But as a smartphone and a laptop? I could go for that.
The Motorola Atrix already does that.

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic