Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:24:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325565 times)
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13320 on: November 28, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »

Yeah I'm pretty excited about it, I got it for $240 on the deal which is about 60 off I think. Also I got Assassins Creed 3 for free. Not that I really care that much about it.

I also decided that with the new rig I'm putting together, I'm going to have a few free 5.25" slots free and I think I'm going to try to stuff a wii into one of them. My plan right now is to rip out the optical drive and load the wii games directly from a 2.5" HDD in place of the disk drive. Then move to gamecube controller ports to the front along with the memory card slots. Mount the whole deal in an easily removable 5.25" housing. Power it through a 12V molex connector from the PC's power supply and then run component to a PCI backplate for output. This should give me access to Wii, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES and a few others through ISO loading/virtual console/emulators. Right now I'm just looking for a cheap Wii to buy and a hard drive.

A: that sounds fantastic
B: If you through some weird fluke live in the Prairies I could probably sell you my wii for cheap once I transfer my stuff to my wii u. I was thinking of selling it and just getting a gamecube if I want to play my GC games anyway. If your outside of the Prairies (I hope you are as far away from here as possible for your own sake) the shipping would probably be more than I would actually charge you for the console

Think happy thoughts.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: November 29, 2012, 04:34:15 AM »

Picked up a 660 Ti on Cyber Monday, just waiting for it to be shipped. How are you finding it in terms of performance.

To be exact I got the 660 Ti OC version and it cost about 418$. I have only tried Borderlands 2 which came with it and I also downloaded Planetside 2. Borderlands pretty much runs flawlessly at around 120 fps if I recall. Planetside however seems to be a much more CPU heavy game. When not that much shit is going on I get around 60-70 fps but then once you get into an enormous firefight with like 200 people it can drop to around 30-40. I haven't seen it go lower than that so far. Jumping from a GTX 470 to this has been quite a big leap.

My rig:

GTX 660 Ti OC
Intel i7 CPU 3.07 GHz
Sabertooth X58 Motherboard
6gb Ram

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #13322 on: November 29, 2012, 05:15:23 AM »

Yeah I'm pretty excited about it, I got it for $240 on the deal which is about 60 off I think. Also I got Assassins Creed 3 for free. Not that I really care that much about it.

I also decided that with the new rig I'm putting together, I'm going to have a few free 5.25" slots free and I think I'm going to try to stuff a wii into one of them. My plan right now is to rip out the optical drive and load the wii games directly from a 2.5" HDD in place of the disk drive. Then move to gamecube controller ports to the front along with the memory card slots. Mount the whole deal in an easily removable 5.25" housing. Power it through a 12V molex connector from the PC's power supply and then run component to a PCI backplate for output. This should give me access to Wii, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES and a few others through ISO loading/virtual console/emulators. Right now I'm just looking for a cheap Wii to buy and a hard drive.

A: that sounds fantastic
B: If you through some weird fluke live in the Prairies I could probably sell you my wii for cheap once I transfer my stuff to my wii u. I was thinking of selling it and just getting a gamecube if I want to play my GC games anyway. If your outside of the Prairies (I hope you are as far away from here as possible for your own sake) the shipping would probably be more than I would actually charge you for the console
Haha that's so weird, if this was next year that might have worked out, every other Christmas I visit family in Winnipeg but not this year. I am in Toronto though if that means anything. I've been looking around for cheap Wiis and I would only need the barebones console with power, video and sensor bar cables. You can keep all of your controllers and games. If the price we are talking about is pretty good including shipping I would be fine with that. Also when you do the transfer it is the coolest loading screen!

Yeah I have a 8800GTS 512 right now so the jump should be enormous. I'm also upgrading CPU from a quad core Q6600 to the i5 3570k so those CPU heavy games should get a boost as well. I remember GTA IV being terribly optimized and just slaughtering any CPU you tried it with.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: November 29, 2012, 05:39:33 AM »

Alright I sent you a message,i have a ton of school stuff so it will be a while till I have time to transfer it though

Think happy thoughts.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13324 on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »

Fuck! I copied all my steam files over from my old HDD but STILL my Walking Dead saves are missing! Doesn't it cloud-save? I was just about to start the last episode!  Cry  Cry  Cry

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13325 on: November 29, 2012, 09:58:48 AM »

GameMaker DRM goes berserk
Facepalm

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13326 on: November 29, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »

We'd love to be able to remove the protection completely, but we know that vast numbers would simply copy it if it was that easy.

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13327 on: November 29, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »

"GameMaker has traditionally been one of the most pirated programs around, and it's simply not right that some pay good money for it, while others simply pirate it,"

Imagine mr Adobe implementing such a skullz and bonezzz DRM for that reason, there'd be billions of those  fucked up bitmaps around then.
ink.inc
« Reply #13328 on: November 29, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »

"GameMaker"

Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13329 on: November 29, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »

"the symbol began to appear permanently across sprites" ... wow, it overwrote users artwork?  That's really awful.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13330 on: November 29, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »

haha pirated game maker when i was 11 and deleted it 2 hours later

try before you buy

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:32 PM »

i love yoyogames, best company Hand Thumbs Up Left
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

Narrativist had their uprising and it changed how me make game, gamist get their revenge, then explorer uphanded the table for more sandbox game, that's where we are currently, as things settle and the lesson are learn and everyone begin to benefit from each others, the simulationist and and the proceduralist are taking the next step. I have never ever read over the internet so many rant about simulation aspect of game, people who where gamist or explorer are moving now to simulation, minecraft single handily revive proceduralist and "rogue like" is the new black, the killer where always there onlt threaten by casualist. Which camp is missing? The "socializer" (and the socializer narrativist) is slowly finding its voice. I think in the next 5 years we will see a game we could only dream now.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13333 on: November 29, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »

people should publish their games with those jack'd up graphics. It'd be a compo of sorts. the "I PRIATED YOYYO GAEMS GAEMMAKER" compo.

It'd look like klick'n'play games only with pirate sprites.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13334 on: November 29, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »

Use it for the next Pirate Kart compilation.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13335 on: November 29, 2012, 02:21:41 PM »

they never found the time to fix the horrible screen tearing but they found time for this shit.
Well done gamemaker  Hand Money Left

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: November 29, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »

they never found the time to fix the horrible screen tearing but they found time for this shit.
Well done gamemaker  Hand Money Left
or add internal sound support for other formats than wav. also it took them until version 8 to add proper sprite transparency and a zoom function to the room editor.

like i said yoyogames is my favorite company and i'm always looking forward to what crazy new products they come up with next.  Smiley
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: November 29, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »

How does it come nobody has make a gmk killer?

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13338 on: November 29, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »

It has a large support base and a low barrier to entry, it'd take a pretty big thing to upseat it.  Probably the closest so far is Unity.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13339 on: November 29, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »

the closest is multimedia fusion, but it's pretty dumb too

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic