Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:38:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2311360 times)
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13860 on: January 06, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »

Making fun of girls is wrong,

Period.

Hand Metal Left Corny Laugh Hand Metal Right

not every girl is a helpless flower waiting to be saved

I know. I shouldn't of engaged in retarded conversation. I like to argue. All apologies.
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »

and there i was thinking the 26 page sexism thread we had a while back would help reduce bs like the the last couple pages of this thread.
Is it still around? Wink

The cake is a pie!!!
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: January 06, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »

beetles > feminism thread

http://i.imgur.com/GZ1F4.jpg
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: January 06, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »

Absolutely nothing is at stake here, I want to talk about dumb culture stuff instead.

Duck Dynasty is a pretty good show.
Seriously? I can't stand that show. I hate all of those type of shows too. I would group it in the same category as keeping up with the kardashians.
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: January 06, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING! Did you take this picture? Awesome creatures, dem bugs.

The cake is a pie!!!
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13865 on: January 06, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »

MUSINGS

I've always thought that most of the bans I've witnessed were completely unnecessary.
But that's only before I realize that a tigs account isn't that big a deal. Life goes on. It's really nothing more than a slap on the hand depending on your perspective.
I mean... I get it, allowing free speech and all that is nice, but there's no need for words that would hurt anyone's feelings. I understand the need to protect the safety of the many or whatever you'd call it.
which is why it bugs me that some mods are jerkholes to people. why are banable people banning people? Why are they actually banning? If it's to protect someone from being hurt, then why are they arseholes? Is it simply the joy of using ones elected power?

I can't really judge sexists. I've thought incorrectly about a ton of subjects.
I think it's really a matter of lack of personal experience and trying protecting our comfort. If someone's not comfortable with the notion of girls being deeper than pieces of meat (because that means it would require more than a sex drive to have a good relationship or something), that's fine. I know the truth. I'll give em time to experience the reality of their ignorance. Eventually life smacks us all right in the denial.

I'm in a pretty zen state right now because I can smell coconut shrimp baking in the oven.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: January 06, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

yeah i don't think anyone has been permanently banned for being a scumbag. most of the people who've been permabanned were super disruptive and spread their shit everywhere. (eg antymatter, and uh... idk. antymatter.) the only thing that comes close is people leaving over being offended after being called on their shit, eg jwk5

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:26 PM »

I have run two separate forums over the years (both of them no longer exist). I think that just having the possibility of banning brought up does as much to stop people from being douche bags as actually making an example of somebody and banning them does. Because like you said, what does banning actually do? People will either make an alt account or just move on with their lives.

Also, how do you guys get inspiration for a project? I want to do something bigger than a prototype or a game jam but I have trouble deciding what I am going to commit a few months of my time to Sad

Think happy thoughts.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13868 on: January 06, 2013, 12:55:24 PM »

how do you guys get inspiration for a project? I want to do something bigger than a prototype or a game jam but I have trouble deciding what I am going to commit a few months of my time to Sad

Come up with a cool idea, then just DO IT.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: January 06, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »

how do you guys get inspiration for a project? I want to do something bigger than a prototype or a game jam but I have trouble deciding what I am going to commit a few months of my time to Sad

Come up with a cool idea, then just DO IT.

Couldn't have said it better. You just have to do it.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: January 06, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »

fair enough  Smiley

Think happy thoughts.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: January 06, 2013, 01:11:15 PM »

MUSINGS

I've always thought that most of the bans I've witnessed were completely unnecessary.
But that's only before I realize that a tigs account isn't that big a deal. Life goes on. It's really nothing more than a slap on the hand depending on your perspective.
I mean... I get it, allowing free speech and all that is nice, but there's no need for words that would hurt anyone's feelings. I understand the need to protect the safety of the many or whatever you'd call it.
which is why it bugs me that some mods are jerkholes to people. why are banable people banning people? Why are they actually banning? If it's to protect someone from being hurt, then why are they arseholes? Is it simply the joy of using ones elected power?

I can't really judge sexists. I've thought incorrectly about a ton of subjects.
I think it's really a matter of lack of personal experience and trying protecting our comfort. If someone's not comfortable with the notion of girls being deeper than pieces of meat (because that means it would require more than a sex drive to have a good relationship or something), that's fine. I know the truth. I'll give em time to experience the reality of their ignorance. Eventually life smacks us all right in the denial.

I'm in a pretty zen state right now because I can smell coconut shrimp baking in the oven.

banned
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »

MUSINGS

Did I like miss something? Who got banned?

yeah i don't think anyone has been permanently banned for being a scumbag. most of the people who've been permabanned were super disruptive and spread their shit everywhere. (eg antymatter, and uh... idk. antymatter.) the only thing that comes close is people leaving over being offended after being called on their shit, eg jwk5

Is there some history I am missing? Who are these famous people you speak of?

Seriously? What is going on?

The cake is a pie!!!
Ashkin
« Reply #13873 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26:03 PM »

Is there some history I am missing?
Date Registered:    September 26, 2012, 06:20:03 AM
I wonder.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13874 on: January 06, 2013, 03:08:20 PM »

Guys it's true. I can't even post.
nospoon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13875 on: January 06, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »

huehuehue
I just wrote a pandora radio scraper in java.
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: January 06, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »

Is there some history I am missing? Who are these famous people you speak of?

antymatter get temp banned for writing something homophobic, and then permabanned when he kept making alternate accounts and complaining.

jwk5 left bc people were calling him out for being sexist in a thread about representation of women in videogames. he wasn't even the target of the brunt of it but according to one of his pots he took it really, really personally

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: January 06, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »

friend = antymatter, fyi

he does the "who is this antymatter fellow you speak of?" schtick every single time he makes an alt account

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ClayB
« Reply #13878 on: January 06, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »

friend = antymatter, fyi

he does the "who is this antymatter fellow you speak of?" schtick every single time he makes an alt account

sounds creepy
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: January 06, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »

Just got an interesting idea for a game. I was inspired to make a quality project after watching Indie Game The Movie and it may actually happen! Speaking of that what did everyone here think of that movie?
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic