Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:07:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325493 times)
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: February 17, 2013, 04:04:01 AM »

Just need to get this out here: The Internet is a scary place.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14241 on: February 17, 2013, 04:36:37 AM »

MUHAHAHAHA.

Evil

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: February 17, 2013, 05:07:09 AM »

yes allen could be more courteous BUT:

i'm just saying it's not like the ceo was all like "let's hire nazi's."
i think that when shiz like that goes down you can't blame everyone or even a majority of people at the company. they didn't know, and if they had, they would have made sure to fix it.
no but the ceo (or whoever made the decision) was all like "let's work with a shady temp agency that hires nazis". i think i already said my piece on this. if they didn't know it's still at least partly their fault for not being careful who they're working with. btw hiring nazis wasn't the only thing they did, they apparently also got foreign workers to come to germany under false premises. so yeah, pretty bad.

and if we're boycotting stuff based on treatment of foreign workers... like. well. okay. better start scavenging for food and shelter.
yes it's almost impossible to avoid using the services of companies that exploit their workers. but if it's easy to boycott a company that does shit like this, why the hell not? i mean it's not like amazon is the only online store in existence and not buying from them for a while is some kind of grave personal sacrifice, geez.

and let's say you're right and the lot of them are scumm bags, and let's say that boycotting takes away money. you've just made them desperate scumm bags that need to cut corners even more.
i dont think you understand how a boycott works lol. it's not just about money, there's also been a whole lot of media outrage in germany, people spamming amazon's german facebook page etc. a boycott only works if the company knows it's a boycott.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14243 on: February 17, 2013, 05:08:31 AM »

Are we really arguing the culpability of a company that's hired nazis I mean really
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: February 17, 2013, 05:34:16 AM »

well i am glad my iPhone/iPad/PC/TV/electronics etc etc. come from China then.

last time I heard the working conditions over there were like a theme park compared to Europe.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: February 17, 2013, 06:28:50 AM »

Psyched that Dreamfall Chapters hit its Kickstarter goal, I love the first two games (especially the first one) and it has been too long since we have had a new game

Think happy thoughts.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »

allen = 4chan troll

i like allen because he has the nards to call people retarded when they say stupid shit. it's 100x better than the passive aggressive drivel loads of other people spew when theyre too scared to call somebody an idiot.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14247 on: February 17, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »

allen = 4chan troll

i like allen because he has the nards to call people retarded when they say stupid shit. it's 100x better than the passive aggressive drivel loads of other people spew when theyre too scared to call somebody an idiot.

+1

and really i never understood the dislike of people squabbling -- arguing and calling each other names is healthy, it's keeping it inside that's insidious, as any marriage counselor knows

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: February 17, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »

Psyched that Dreamfall Chapters hit its Kickstarter goal, I love the first two games (especially the first one) and it has been too long since we have had a new game

Ooh, that's great to hear!  It's been too long since we've had any info on the Dreamfall front.
ClayB
« Reply #14249 on: February 17, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »

people throw around the terms 'troll' and '4chan' too liberally
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14250 on: February 17, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »

I typed it out being a little stupid on purpose, but I meant most of what I said.
I mean, thinking about it. Yeah. Amazon is responsible. At first I was quick to sympathize, as I'm sure the CEO and other head peeps are upset about it, or at least about bad publicity. But that's what you get. It's his job and the job of those under him to be responsible, and respectful. And hiring Nazis is a bad move, and people can decide what they want to do with that, boycotting, whatever.

That being said, I don't like being talked/typed to so harshly. It's hard for me to take in what Allen's actually trying to tell me (that what i'm saying doesn't make sense) when my little soul burns with pain inside my lil chest. I get defensive, and the advice doesn't work as well as it could have.

To communicate respectful disagreement effectively requires tact and wisdom. I'm absolutely not saying i'm a good example of this.
I'm not even going to say that Allen should change his method. That's not right for me to say. He can do whatever he wants, this is a pretty open forum.
I just thought I'd say what I thought, as well as I can.
Sorry to have annoyed you, Allen. I didn't mean to.
feminazi
« Reply #14251 on: February 17, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »

allen = 4chan troll

idiot
feminazi
« Reply #14252 on: February 17, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »

bungis dumstiny vidoc

basically they say nothing about da gam but theres soem concept art and some nerds talking and then some short in-game clips.
all da previews saying its a lite-mmo. online paly req. no mmo sub fees. and some preorder slip said its for 360/ps3.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14253 on: February 17, 2013, 12:11:47 PM »

I typed it out being a little stupid on purpose, but I meant most of what I said.
I mean, thinking about it. Yeah. Amazon is responsible. At first I was quick to sympathize, as I'm sure the CEO and other head peeps are upset about it, or at least about bad publicity. But that's what you get. It's his job and the job of those under him to be responsible, and respectful. And hiring Nazis is a bad move, and people can decide what they want to do with that, boycotting, whatever.

That being said, I don't like being talked/typed to so harshly. It's hard for me to take in what Allen's actually trying to tell me (that what i'm saying doesn't make sense) when my little soul burns with pain inside my lil chest. I get defensive, and the advice doesn't work as well as it could have.

To communicate respectful disagreement effectively requires tact and wisdom. I'm absolutely not saying i'm a good example of this.
I'm not even going to say that Allen should change his method. That's not right for me to say. He can do whatever he wants, this is a pretty open forum.
I just thought I'd say what I thought, as well as I can.
Sorry to have annoyed you, Allen. I didn't mean to.

this seems like an overreaction / you need a harder skin. allen says meaner things to me every day than what he said to you and i don't write paragraphs about it; it's not like you're gonna change him

anyway i will begin to boycott amazon later on this year when they start charging sales tax to orders in NJ (often the entire point of ordering from them for me was to save on tax). the nazi thing appears bad but i haven't investigated it enough to know how responsible amazon is, and what their response has been to the issue (e.g. are the neonazi's still working for them? did they issue any kind of apology? stuff like that matters)

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14254 on: February 17, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »

and if we're boycotting stuff based on treatment of foreign workers... like. well. okay. better start buying food and goods made locally or from known provenances
My toes seem to have developed a strange fungus.. I think I'm going to continue my boycott of posting anything that makes any fucking sense or isn't despicable
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14255 on: February 17, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »

NOOOO NOW CROWE HATES ME! I LIKED HIM.
I AM AN OUTCAST! ARGH!

Guess this account is just gonna have to be recycled as a troll account.

OR WAS IT ALL ALONG???
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14256 on: February 17, 2013, 12:57:43 PM »

i dunno, pointing out a contradiction isn't the same as hating someone -- i think you're reading too much into it

Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14257 on: February 17, 2013, 01:02:04 PM »

and i think you're an ass. but it doesn't mean i need to tell you that.

fuck this.
feminazi
« Reply #14258 on: February 17, 2013, 01:07:40 PM »

o wel
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14259 on: February 17, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »

and i think you're an ass. but it doesn't mean i need to tell you that.

fuck this.

sure, but it also doesn't mean you don't need to tell me that, right? is there any advantage to not telling people what you really think of them vs not hiding it? i don't really know of any

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic