Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:41:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2326713 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: April 10, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »

http://francksauer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47:outcast-pc&catid=15:published-games

outcast graphical making of

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: April 10, 2013, 11:01:31 AM »

Yay, Game Grumps play Shovel Knight. Thank to them, i lost my anticipation for that game.

I would lose anticipcation for anything with those guys yelling over it.
The reaction sure sound fake. I mean all the "this game is awesome" thing. But really, the game doesn't seems any special at all, thank to their full playthrough.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14842 on: April 10, 2013, 12:17:16 PM »

Pretty sure that's just a "Full playthrough" of the demo version.  But I agree, I didn't see anything that stood out.  I don't think that's what the developers were going for, though, it's just another nostalgia game.  Not that that's bad if you want that kind of thing, but if you want new/creative/unique/interesting gameplay, not going to happen.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: April 10, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14844 on: April 10, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »

"the melody of tetris"
Angry

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: April 10, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »

Thanks for posting, I love reading about pioneering graphics programming, and few games fit that description quite like Outcast

Anyone read this? It's insane the kind of effects tablets and phones are having...
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/10/pc-shipments-mark-biggest-decline-in-nearly-20-years

Think happy thoughts.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14846 on: April 10, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »

Being afan of Kalinka and shit, I have always faied to see how tetris theme song is kalinka. It bears the same motifs, bu doesnt feel like the same song.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14847 on: April 10, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »

Anyone read this? It's insane the kind of effects tablets and phones are having...
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/10/pc-shipments-mark-biggest-decline-in-nearly-20-years

That's pretty crazy.  It'll be interesting to see how far it shrinks before the expense of owning a tablet plus keyboard/mouse add-on outweights the inconvenience of a desktop PC.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14848 on: April 10, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »

Being afan of Kalinka and shit, I have always faied to see how tetris theme song is kalinka. It bears the same motifs, bu doesnt feel like the same song.

really? are you serious?

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14849 on: April 10, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »

That's pretty crazy.  It'll be interesting to see how far it shrinks before the expense of owning a tablet plus keyboard/mouse add-on outweights the inconvenience of a desktop PC.

Nothing has pushed the PC envelope in years. The only reason to buy a new, high-powered PC is if you don't already have one (and you've had like 7 years to get a console-powered equivalent, thus being able to play all the latest vidya gams?) or if you're doing video editing.
Unsurprisingly, why should guys buy new PC's?

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #14850 on: April 11, 2013, 12:36:31 AM »

Yeah, I have started buying low end pc (currently using a netbook) because 72 dpi image editing and low poly modeling that's more than enough and even low end are overpowered. I don't look RAM anymore, nor disk capacity, CPU is way more than enough, the only thing worth looking for is basically GPU and more than anything battery life. But I want to kick the shit out of windows seven Angry

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:29 AM »

pc is actually the most convenient way to play gams at the moment. i have a 3 year old laptop and can run most new games just fine.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14852 on: April 11, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »

Has anyone ever sent a game mixtape .zip to a friend (or a gamer bro that needs his eyes opened or a person that hasn't really played games but is interested) full of free indie games that you think they would enjoy/help them branch out and explore games more?

I think this is a great idea and should become a thing, sharing is caring. I've done it only once or twice before, I included a little README.TXT for them as well, with controls or little bits of info on the creator or whatever.

There's a little bit of elite better-than-the-average-gamer mentality in the indie game scene, and this could totally obliterate that if people opened up to the possibility of sharing their passions with others.

Of the friends I've done this for, they just didn't know about indie games (this was a few years ago mind you). They were really surprised and happy that so many cool fun interesting games were available for free to just.. enjoy. It opened up a whole world to them. On my end, it gave me someone else to talk about games with that wasn't even aware before.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14853 on: April 11, 2013, 01:38:41 PM »

Reminds me of passing around floppies full of shareware back in ye olden days :O
ink.inc
« Reply #14854 on: April 11, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »

Has anyone ever sent a game mixtape .zip to a friend (or a gamer bro that needs his eyes opened or a person that hasn't really played games but is interested) full of free indie games that you think they would enjoy/help them branch out and explore games more?

I think this is a great idea and should become a thing, sharing is caring. I've done it only once or twice before, I included a little README.TXT for them as well, with controls or little bits of info on the creator or whatever.

There's a little bit of elite better-than-the-average-gamer mentality in the indie game scene, and this could totally obliterate that if people opened up to the possibility of sharing their passions with others.

Of the friends I've done this for, they just didn't know about indie games (this was a few years ago mind you). They were really surprised and happy that so many cool fun interesting games were available for free to just.. enjoy. It opened up a whole world to them. On my end, it gave me someone else to talk about games with that wasn't even aware before.

i have done this in excess of 3 times

usually i go with cave story and crayon physics, but sometimes i throw in some cactus arcade (people dig that gamma4)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14855 on: April 11, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »

really? are you serious?

What do you mean?

If you mean that am I serious on thinking it is not

, well, it isn't. Just checked on wikipedia, and well, turns out to be Korobeiniki.

If you mean to ask how did I go in such a logic leap, I was mostly refering to how many of random youtubers keep saying that the tetris theme is Kalinka, which isnt.

If you meant something else, I wouldn't know.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14856 on: April 11, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »

I was surprised people could think it is not kalinka because it sure sounds like it.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: April 11, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »

Someday, however, we will have national anthems based on video game tunes. It'll be like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, except they build a perfect society based on the idea that you gain XP for doing good deeds for others and instead of a PhD you just get a badge that announces you're level 20. Every baseball game will start with the Final Fantasy victory theme played for five and a half minutes, while a singer tries desperately to work a high note into the end somehow. Nobody will notice or care because they're too busy watching the pixelized graphics on the jumbotron to pay any attention to what's happening on the field.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: April 12, 2013, 03:26:45 AM »

I dreamt about hot chicks and playing Crash Bandicoot. I wish my PS1 wasn't miles away.

Rusk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: April 12, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »

Today I bought a wacom tablet.
Tomorrow I will learn art.
I will try to get it done this weekend.

I'm very excited. Durr...?
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic