Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:54:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325592 times)
ClayB
« Reply #15040 on: April 25, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »

so guys new xbox console thingy announcement next week

finally the next generation of moving forward and shooting unveiled  

Hand Any Key Hand Joystick
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: April 25, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »

Every bullet will be individually rendered and a sophisticated physics engine will allow for real-time barrel erosion, flight physics, and NPC wounds.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15042 on: April 25, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »

150% more butter on the walls, more aged and wrinkled military guys

But seriously i really don't know what a new console generation will bring, Einstein said WW4 would be fought with sticks and stones, maybe 4Th console generation will be all 16 bit sidescrolling platformers ?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15043 on: April 25, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »

But seriously i really don't know what a new console generation will bring, Einstein said WW4 would be fought with sticks and stones, maybe 4Th console generation will be all 16 bit sidescrolling platformers ?

Dreams deferred..

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »

The huge nerd in me needs to point out that the fourth gen WAS 16 bit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28fourth_generation%29

Aside from that, I really do hope that next gen has a higher non-fps:fps ratio

Think happy thoughts.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15045 on: April 25, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »

console "generations" are counted from the playstation 1

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: April 25, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »

The current year is 18 APSX.

And yes, the XBox 3 will feature a plethora of 16 bit platformers, by which I mean it'll have a lot of indie games on it.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: April 25, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »

The current year is 18 APSX.

And yes, the XBox 3 will feature a plethora of 16 bit platformers, by which I mean it'll have a lot of indie games on it.

Last time I checked, Xbox LIVE Indie Games mainly contained Minecraft clones, zombie shooters, sometimes both, shovelware mostly done in MS Paint, and Japanese dating sims. I doubt that's going to change. If Sony doesn't want more realistic graphics/first person shooters on the PS4, that would be great (true fact).
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: April 26, 2013, 03:21:01 AM »

http://mother4.andonuts.net/

never seen this project

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15049 on: April 26, 2013, 03:24:57 AM »

http://mother4.andonuts.net/

never seen this project

Holy fuck my eyes.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:34 AM »

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15051 on: April 26, 2013, 04:33:23 AM »

Ashkin
« Reply #15052 on: April 26, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »

bizarro
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15053 on: April 26, 2013, 07:24:02 AM »

bazinga

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: April 26, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »

fuck you! i want gameplay with water physics this gen Angry

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15055 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »

Rhythm 0, 1974
To test the limits of the relationship between performer and audience, Abramović developed one of her most challenging (and best-known) performances. She assigned a passive role to herself, with the public being the force which would act on her.
Abramović had placed upon a table 72 objects that people were allowed to use (a sign informed them) in any way that they chose. Some of these were objects that could give pleasure, while others could be wielded to inflict pain, or to harm her. Among them were a rose, a feather, honey, a whip, scissors, a scalpel, a gun and a single bullet. For six hours the artist allowed the audience members to manipulate her body and actions.
Initially, members of the audience reacted with caution and modesty, but as time passed (and the artist remained passive) people began to act more aggressively. As Abramović described it later:
“What I learned was that... if you leave it up to the audience, they can kill you.” ... “I felt really violated: they cut up my clothes, stuck rose thorns in my stomach, one person aimed the gun at my head, and another took it away. It created an aggressive atmosphere. After exactly 6 hours, as planned, I stood up and started walking toward the audience. Everyone ran away, to escape an actual confrontation.�
CVaseTYb!!
« Reply #15056 on: April 26, 2013, 11:27:50 AM »

Rhythm 0, 1974
To test the limits of the relationship between performer and audience, Abramović developed one of her most challenging (and best-known) performances. She assigned a passive role to herself, with the public being the force which would act on her.
Abramović had placed upon a table 72 objects that people were allowed to use (a sign informed them) in any way that they chose. Some of these were objects that could give pleasure, while others could be wielded to inflict pain, or to harm her. Among them were a rose, a feather, honey, a whip, scissors, a scalpel, a gun and a single bullet. For six hours the artist allowed the audience members to manipulate her body and actions.
Initially, members of the audience reacted with caution and modesty, but as time passed (and the artist remained passive) people began to act more aggressively. As Abramović described it later:
“What I learned was that... if you leave it up to the audience, they can kill you.” ... “I felt really violated: they cut up my clothes, stuck rose thorns in my stomach, one person aimed the gun at my head, and another took it away. It created an aggressive atmosphere. After exactly 6 hours, as planned, I stood up and started walking toward the audience. Everyone ran away, to escape an actual confrontation.�
actually i think that's really cool and that doom 6 sucks dongs but i'm probably an idiot
ClayB
« Reply #15057 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »

Rhythm 0, 1974
“What I learned was that... if you leave it up to the audience, they can kill you.” ... “I felt really violated: they cut up my clothes, stuck rose thorns in my stomach, one person aimed the gun at my head, and another took it away. It created an aggressive atmosphere. After exactly 6 hours, as planned, I stood up and started walking toward the audience. Everyone ran away, to escape an actual confrontation.”[7]

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Abramovi%C4%87

So if this is art, which I think it is, games are art. That's all.

ok yeah, the scene she's in is firmly up it's own ass. Pretentiousness aside though, it's still weirdly intriguing. Even if you think she's a joke, it's crazy how she has something of a following (not saying that adds creditably).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: April 26, 2013, 11:57:37 AM »

Active for over three decades, she has recently begun to describe herself as the "grandmother of performance art."
vienna aktionists did it first yo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viennese_Actionism
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15059 on: April 26, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »

I guess I just don't get the thing that is said sometimes that goes a little like

Games are interactive and therefore can't be guaranteed to have a definitive playthrough that exposes all the intentions of the maker and therefore aren't art, because art has a message. ...or something like that.

That's total BS. so many people generally accepted as "artists" have work that they didn't even intend to have a "message". They just leave it open to interpretation and we don't generally call them out on their BS.

If anything most games nowadays are just completely kitsch, at least by my understanding of kitsch. There's little relationship between the artist (dev) and the player if there's a relationship at all.

The bummer is that even though audience involvement only further allows art to expose and PLAY with our nature -like in the action i posted on the last page- games rarely take advantage of that. To me as a dev, collecting data about how people play is probably more interesting than to just get feedback like "this looks so cool."

With my first Deshori demo it was really cool how everyone seemed to do exactly what I wanted them to (head toward a particular object) without me actually really "telling" them to in-game.

I dunno. I think devs need to learn to art better.
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic