Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:54:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327703 times)
JWK5
« Reply #19640 on: January 08, 2015, 05:49:28 AM »

Yeah, good call.

Bear in mind that this will not be the actual shape and layout (etc.) of the menu system, it is just a color test at the moment.
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19641 on: January 08, 2015, 06:16:53 AM »

Keep in mind I don't know shit about aesthetics, but it looks like it's faded-out or dimmed. Maybe the colours are too dark and there isn't enough contrast? I'm not sure, but it definitely feels like it's in the middle of a fade-in/out transition.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: January 08, 2015, 06:19:04 AM »

yep it looks too dark

also you'll probably get better answers if you post it in the art subforum
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: January 08, 2015, 07:09:57 AM »

It's dark but readable as the contrast with text and background are enough, the whole frame is within the same value so the details don't fight each other. Now if this frame is on a a bright background like the gray placeholder whiting the forums bright surrounding, the text fight against it (hence why other find it too dark), so it is contextual to this too.

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: January 08, 2015, 07:22:42 AM »

Nintendos future is

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19645 on: January 08, 2015, 07:44:47 AM »

Apologies in advance, this is out of character but I must swear. A lot.

iTunesConnect is slow, disjointed, convoluted piece of sheet with inconsistent user-interfaces and mystery meat navigation, as a multi-billion dollar company Apple should be ashamed, fook I'd never ship something like this, it's awful - clearly they have some super idiots working on this, maybe they have a time-machine and are actually designing it in the 90's. I hate everything about it. FOOK YOU.

• Can I have a real session length in you piece of sheet? You KNOW who I am from the last time I was here all of those 10 minutes ago.
  • Why is your navigation-tree inverted? Seriously, I should select my APP first THEN subnavigate, I hate the endless redirects back to the root. Fook you.
  • Where's the XHR? Seriously, don't load another new page with different navigation, just fooking load the data and render it already.
  • Why are you so slow? I have to deduce you're a synchronous, IO blocking idiot box. GROW UP ALREADY. WE LIVE IN THE FUTURE
  • Sorry, the navigation is so bad I must mention it again. WHY DO YOU KEEP CHANGING??!?!??!! FOOK YOU. Pick a style already.

And then there's TestFlight. For that I must say

WHY YOU NO WORK? You're OWNED by apple, why does that mean you support LESS apple than before?Huh?!??!?!??!?!??

Catharsis.

NB - I felt really bad writing swears, so I redacted them.

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19646 on: January 08, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »

I agree with everything you've just said.
It was worse in the past — for instance, a few years ago, if you wanted to use the "Available on the App Store" icons, you had to write a letter to Apple, lol. But it's still bad.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: January 08, 2015, 08:01:53 AM »

welcome2apple

(posted from a macbook pro)
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: January 08, 2015, 08:11:58 AM »

Well steve jobs is dead, the opposition's ego run wild (seen with the death of skeuemorphism)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: January 08, 2015, 08:32:15 AM »

i started using macs because im a hipster all the music software i liked was either mac exclusive or way better supported on mac. this isnt strictly true anymore.

also their laptops were always some of the best. not in terms of raw specs vs price but in terms of component quality and actual portability (the macbook was one of the first laptops with a decent keyboard for instance). they seem to be getting worse and worse tho and seeing as i already use boot camp for games i honestly don't know why i bother anymore. mac os itself is getting more and more locked in too (but it's always been that way).
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19650 on: January 08, 2015, 09:09:56 AM »

John Sculley's spirit is back! Apple is the new old new apple!

JWK5
« Reply #19651 on: January 08, 2015, 03:27:59 PM »

A really good TEDx talk.

EDIT: Also good:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:55:02 PM by JWK5 » Logged
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: January 11, 2015, 08:56:47 AM »

Current Biology has something some of you might find interesting: Free Featured Special Issue: Biology of Fun (scroll down a bit to find the articles).

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
mt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: January 11, 2015, 09:05:25 AM »

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19654 on: January 12, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »

I ...

I ...  i c...

jesus

Lord...

what the hell did i just watch ? o_o

"They ENJOYYYY IT " lmao

oh my lord.
WOW

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: January 13, 2015, 07:18:18 PM »

http://www.quora.com/Why-is-0-999-equal-to-1
 Tears of Joy

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19656 on: January 15, 2015, 01:57:14 AM »

so i've spent basically the past two weeks or so working on my album.

that's a bit deceptive because i've really realistically spent the past few months doing that, but christmas and onward i just sort of super-focused on it. it's edging ever closer to completion, i've got a music video or two in the works, and things are cool i think.

things are -cool-

anyway, i'm excited about that.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19657 on: January 15, 2015, 08:20:49 PM »

a few years ago, my brother was watching this animated video where someone was doing terrible on super mario bros. and then mario walks in the house and says, "please stop killing me". it was hilarious but i can't for the life of me find that video. if anyone knows the name of the video, please tell me.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19658 on: January 16, 2015, 10:43:02 AM »

Am I the only one here who doesn't work with computers as main job?
EDIT: i actually work with computers, since if I end up in an emergency room or respiratory rehab after graduation I'll have to live with them...but, like, programming and stuff.

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19659 on: January 16, 2015, 12:19:23 PM »

After six long years my PS3 has fried. It's one of the 80 gig fatties that came in the Metal Gear bundle and has backwards compatibility with PS2. Looks like I can get it professionally repaired for $90 (it appears to be a common failure with the old PS3 models), but at that cost it might be better to just buy a new one and not worry about it breaking down again in three months to a year. Thankfully I'm not particularly attached to my save games so I won't miss losing them.

Anyone else go through this with the PS3?
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic