Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:14:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325603 times)
Kekskiller
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2009, 07:46:54 AM »

A kind of voyeur term, I guess.

Gainsworthy: You don't like salt in your soup, eh?
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2009, 09:51:31 AM »

gunstar heroes is a lot easier than i remember, lightning and chaser breaks the game
The-Imp
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2009, 02:23:39 PM »

gunstar heroes is a lot easier than i remember, lightning and chaser breaks the game
If you mean the combination, then yes.

I just like the chaser and the normal gun, (yellow ball blasty thing, I forget the name) Its my favorite.
Grin Hand Shake Right
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2009, 10:46:35 PM »

Gainsworthy: You don't like salt in your soup, eh?

Pardon me? I think you've been misinformed. I quite enjoy salt in my soup! I'm having Pumpkin Soup for dinner, actually. Yummy.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2009, 11:51:28 PM »

hmmm i think this thread should be called "Fight Thread Pollution!  Post here if it's not worth posting!!!
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2009, 03:02:38 AM »

If you mean the combination, then yes.

I just like the chaser and the normal gun, (yellow ball blasty thing, I forget the name) Its my favorite.
Grin Hand Shake Right

yeah the combination, you don't even have to aim and the weakest enemies get destroyed as soon as they enter the screen. i remember getting my ass kicked in the dice maze when i was younger - now it seems quite easy.

noone on xbl wants to play the game on hardest Outraged
PaleFox
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:58 AM »

I think this is interesting. It's an article about how Borderlands, which is an upcoming sort of Fallout styled coop thing, went from samey, brown next gen graphics to this:

They call it "Concept Art Style," because it is meant to resemble the actual concept art the artists do for the game, rather than normal rendering or even normal cel-shading.

Apparently the game artists rebelled and managed to change the entire graphic style of the game, and it's kind of telling how bizarrely worried the higher-ups were that it wouldn't sell - that it would be shut down: "When the artists came to Pitchford to tell them about his idea he told them that there was a 'million percent chance' he was going to have to shut them down." And also, note all the people who post on the forums about it being "gay just like Mad World for the Wii" and how they wanted a "hardcore shooter not some kid's game." Interesting insight into the mainstream gaming industry.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2009, 09:11:25 AM »

I loved when Cell shading back when XIII came out and people bitched because they had just bought 3d cards and didn't think it was right to have games that ignored them.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »

Gamers are dumb.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »

Apparently the game artists rebelled and managed to change the entire graphic style of the game

This is awesome.  It's about time things like this started happening.

and it's kind of telling how bizarrely worried the higher-ups were that it wouldn't sell - that it would be shut down: "When the artists came to Pitchford to tell them about his idea he told them that there was a 'million percent chance' he was going to have to shut them down."
Wait...so...what...they'd shut down the game 10,000 times?   Droop  It's bad enough when business types try to interfere with a creative process that they don't understand.  It's even worse when they don't understand basic math, which is supposed to be in their primary skill set.

And also, note all the people who post on the forums about it being "gay just like Mad World for the Wii" and how they wanted a "hardcore shooter not some kid's game." Interesting insight into the mainstream gaming industry.
Angry

PaleFox
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »

and it's kind of telling how bizarrely worried the higher-ups were that it wouldn't sell - that it would be shut down: "When the artists came to Pitchford to tell them about his idea he told them that there was a 'million percent chance' he was going to have to shut them down."
Wait...so...what...they'd shut down the game 10,000 times?   Droop  It's bad enough when business types try to interfere with a creative process that they don't understand.  It's even worse when they don't understand basic math, which is supposed to be in their primary skill set.

Actually, that's not quite right. Evidently, this Pitchford (the president of the game company) was and is very enthusiastic about the game's style, and once he saw it pushed for it to go ahead - but apparently he was very unsure about what the publishers, audience, and so on would think, which is, after all, his job. As much as I usually dislike executives, I can't really blame him for that.

As to how he said it :D , he just generally talks that way, at least from what I have seen of him. Even in press conferences.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2009, 02:57:28 PM »

Yeah, I guess he was just being pragmatic, especially considering the idiotic response to the style change.

But, seriously, there's a difference between hyperbole and sounding like a over-excited child.  The difference between saying one-hundred-and-ten-percent and one million percent is about the same as between saying "an idea like that will make you millions" and "an idea like that will make you gajillions"

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »

I think the entire team would be used to talking in huge numbers - this is the game which procedurally generates 500,000 individual weapons. For your enjoyment. That and local co-op caught my eye a while ago.

But with this new art style, I'm practically sold. Lookin' good.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »

Wow, that sounds impressive.  (Maybe the guy considered the game to actually be 100,000 games in one, thus leading to the percentage  :D)

I'll definitely have to keep an eye on this game, especially after the artists mutinied.

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »

Okay, quick question: How come abbreviation texts don't always work?

<abbr title="see this isn't working">Like now.</abbr>

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »

You don't say 'title'. And it's BBCode, you use brackets.

Code:
[abbr=I'm hiding!]See? Works like this.[/abbr]

See? Works like this.
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2009, 03:27:33 PM »

Ah, that makes sense. You know, there should be a sticky somewhere which mentions that, or something.

(Side note: the other way does actually work, but in HTML pages.)

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

Yeah, that's html code.

There's that 'Help' section up top, for learning how.
tmth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2009, 06:22:30 AM »

Who is Spain?

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »

Spain is a country where people watch bullfights and wear funny hats, usually at the same time.
As you can see, I totally know stuff.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic