Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 04:22:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2328339 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21000 on: May 11, 2015, 12:27:35 PM »

developer's commentary in portal is prob the most prominent, if you're talking about stuff integrated in the game
No, I mean videos, intentionally shot during development and later edited and cut for release.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21001 on: May 11, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »

are you doing your part though

are you filming yourselves making submarine gam

I'd watch it

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21002 on: May 11, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »

I filmed even less ambitious games in the past when I thought I was kool. Wink Not this one.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21003 on: May 11, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »

Heeey, all the cool AAA movie makers always have a 'making of' on their discs. Where is the making of Zelda gams or Mario gams and stuff? Cry

Why is this tradition not as strong in game making as it is in movie making?

OK, vidya gam is mostly just overworked nerds at computers, but there must be some cool preproduction and stuff to show?

Insomniac has been really cool about this with the Ratchet and Clank games.

There are unlockable development videos with discussion that appear after finishing the game, and most of the games feature a "Museum" at the end with unused, interactive content like test rooms or models that were never used in the final version.

This whole Igavania thing is really impressing me. I like that he's differentiating with physical, boxed discs. I'm also really impressed with how bold he is by rebranding it as "Igavania", and he even has Egoraptor streaming with him and using the term liberally to replace "Metroidvania". He's also bucking the $15 price point for digital. I really hope he succeeds.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21004 on: May 11, 2015, 03:08:27 PM »

Making of TrapThem

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21005 on: May 11, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »

This whole Igavania thing is really impressing me. I like that he's differentiating with physical, boxed discs. I'm also really impressed with how bold he is by rebranding it as "Igavania", and he even has Egoraptor streaming with him and using the term liberally to replace "Metroidvania". He's also bucking the $15 price point for digital. I really hope he succeeds.

ive been using igavania to describe the iga castlevanias ever since "metroidvania" became a genre name. i should sue iga for copyright infringement.

anyway i think postmortems for games are infinitely more interesting than making ofs
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21006 on: May 11, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »

Q7: At the financial results briefing 6 months ago, you said that you would consider removing region-locking in response to a question asking about it. Could you please provide an update on the progress of that deliberation?

A7: Iwata: Removing region-locking from current game machines presents various issues, so we don't consider that to be very realistic. However, regarding NX, given the customer feedback and proposals from the market, while nothing has been decided yet, we're currently investigating internally what problems there would be in realizing it. You can think of that as the current situation. I understand your desire, so I'd like to look at it optimistically going forward.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/11/8588327/dreamcast-rpg-grandia-2-headed-for-hd-pc-release

Dreamcast RPG Grandia 2 headed for HD PC release

Beg

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21007 on: May 11, 2015, 05:05:22 PM »

the whole concept of "regions" for media distribution watever crap is so outdated
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21008 on: May 11, 2015, 05:28:55 PM »

This post is not available in your
country.

Sorry about that.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21009 on: May 12, 2015, 04:17:26 AM »

I hope its actual reworked HD and not just old pc version with steam.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21010 on: May 12, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »

Heeey, all the cool AAA movie makers always have a 'making of' on their discs. Where is the making of Zelda gams or Mario gams and stuff? Cry

Why is this tradition not as strong in game making as it is in movie making?

OK, vidya gam is mostly just overworked nerds at computers, but there must be some cool preproduction and stuff to show?

Insomniac has been really cool about this with the Ratchet and Clank games.

There are unlockable development videos with discussion that appear after finishing the game, and most of the games feature a "Museum" at the end with unused, interactive content like test rooms or models that were never used in the final version.

Have you seen these videos?

They're not on disc or anything but they're two developers going through all the ps2 R&C games with commentary. Really interesting stuff.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21011 on: May 12, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3XJRyvLD7rvsVFCFS1IX0A

6 years ago ....

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21012 on: May 12, 2015, 12:03:29 PM »

I used to watch Notch's Ludum Dare videos in awe, and I really miss those days. He's a genius, and his success destroyed him.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21013 on: May 12, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »

Raking in billions and outbidding Beyoncé in a real estate auction is like the opposite of being destroyed

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #21014 on: May 12, 2015, 12:22:21 PM »

if that level of success is being destroyed, sign me up.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21015 on: May 12, 2015, 12:23:15 PM »

When is the last time he made a game?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21016 on: May 12, 2015, 12:28:40 PM »

so his only measure of worth to you is whether he's making games

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21017 on: May 12, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »

Raking in billions and outbidding Beyoncé in a real estate auction is like the opposite of being destroyed
If you want to destroy an animal just give it excess amount of food and attention, like in a zoo.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21018 on: May 12, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »

He destroyed Beyonce to build his castle of candy, but she was the only person in the entire world that could understand him.
There he stands alone, tasting sweetest candy in the world. But no candy like her lips. He goes to the feast of rich. No skillrex drop like her voice. He may have ebony mansion built of kids and gold,  but its doesnt feel like home. It never will.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21019 on: May 12, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »

I used to follow his blog as well, and he stopped updating it at all, one of his last posts being about how he wasn't enjoying making games anymore because of his fame. If that happened to me I would be crushed.

Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic