Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412053 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: Exye

June 22, 2024, 06:00:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2342997 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21180 on: May 17, 2015, 11:22:31 AM »

@Silbereisen

Ohhhh!!!! great comparison! I should have thought of that too, 'ill look at it for inspiration! I can even merge things together, why putting wall? Toys, board and video games are valid model of entertainment!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21181 on: May 17, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »

They're both good, but I'm still wondering how something sounding exactly like BK is going to fit in with David's music. The feel so different from each other.

nah i think they complement each other well. similar influences but different approach (wise slightly more electronic and bluesy, kirkhope more vaudeville/elfman esque).

but yes jungle challenge is better
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21182 on: May 17, 2015, 11:34:16 AM »

Finntroll should do some of the music. They're pretty much Banjo & Kazooie metal. I mean, listen to this intro:

EDIT:
Someone in the comments agreed! And suggested this one as an example of total BK:

And in the comments to that, Elfman is mentioned!

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21183 on: May 17, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »

I can even merge things together, why putting wall?
To keep insanity inside the box.Wink

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21184 on: May 17, 2015, 11:40:30 AM »

Ralph bear must have been insane

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21185 on: May 17, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »

Finntroll should do some of the music. They're pretty much Banjo & Kazooie metal. I mean, listen to this intro:

EDIT:
Someone in the comments agreed! And suggested this one as an example of total BK:

And in the comments to that, Elfman is mentioned!

Is that final fantasy?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21186 on: May 17, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »

@Silbereisen

Ohhhh!!!! great comparison! I should have thought of that too, 'ill look at it for inspiration! I can even merge things together, why putting wall? Toys, board and video games are valid model of entertainment!

maybe once 3d printing gets to the point where you can actually print computer hardware, you could release a videogame equivalent to a print & play boardgame (tho p&p games are usually free, even if some of them get picked up by publishers).

if you wanna know more about self published and kickstarter boardgames, check this link

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/8374/kickstarter

theres also a way to use the advanced search function on BGG to search for self published games

I can even merge things together, why putting wall?

you tell me haha. its amazing how many videogame people don't know anything about non-digital games at all.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21187 on: May 17, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »

Is that final fantasy?

Moar liek Finnal Finntasy hehehehhe

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21188 on: May 17, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »

We aren't there but there (printer but soon) is the whole FPGA chips (programmable architecture, ie the structure of the chip itself) which are close in term of custom hardware, and they just reached a point where hybrid (with cpu/gpu) are cheap enough to diffuse innovation to mainstream early adopter. Unless pick and place hardware (the equivalent of "printing" for circuit board) got a price fall ... (they already have fallen enough for small factory to open and spur the open hardware movement).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21189 on: May 17, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »

lol i just found out kirkhope actually mentions the beetlejuice soundtrack (by danny elfman) as a major inspiration. [conspiracy theorist voice] IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER NOW

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21190 on: May 17, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »

Scientist actually found that tinfoil hat could be counter productive to the 8mhz brainwashed signal, as inductive current on top of conductive hat actually influence the brain, so the tinfoiled aht was the conspiracy to begin with? Don't believe me PROOF, listen to the TRUTH

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21191 on: May 17, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »

i like elfman and i like kirkhope

QUINNCIDENCE?Huh?

Also I looked up the Tropical Freeze OST now. Didn't even realise it's a DK game. Just thought it'd be a game of it's own, simply called Tropical Freeze.

But hahaha, wow, yeah, Jungle Challenge sounds like the very first track in this OST.

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21192 on: May 17, 2015, 12:59:24 PM »

Ralph bear must have been insane
if he would push the same stuff today what he pushed in the 70's.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21193 on: May 17, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »

dk tropical freeze looks extremely rad btw. i dont plan on buying a wii u anytime soon (probably not a wise decision to begin with with the "NX" or watever on the horizon) but this is one of the games that kinda makes me want one.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21194 on: May 17, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »

Judging by the footage and some initial playing tropical freeze doesn't have the fabulous appeal and charm the snes donkey kong games had. Part of the reason is that prerendered 3d looks better than real time 3d. Another thing is the flow. Donkey kong is a primitive game so it has to rely on seamless flow to keep your feedback loop engaged, and the snes games did a good job on that part. A good example on how more restricted hardware (snes) has to keep the designers sanity in the right bounds. The flow in tropical freeze is just not there. It's poorly composed.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21195 on: May 17, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »

https://youtu.be/9O0TMFbI8cc?t=2m40s

It is rad, and it has excellent flow. Maybe they'll make a 3DS port like they did for DKC:R.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21196 on: May 17, 2015, 03:48:33 PM »

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #21197 on: May 17, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »

Coming from someone who's played TF (and other DK games), it's pretty good. I thought Returns was a little better* but both games had standout levels - and music! David Wise is great.

*Returns didn't have swimming, and even though TF handled swimming very well (it doesn't slow you down to a crawl) I feel like swimming segments are just less interesting than platforming segments.

Pre-rendered 3d (used as sprites) looks bad and that's that.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21198 on: May 17, 2015, 06:41:14 PM »

I thought Returns was a little better*.

from what ive seen of it the level design looks a lot better. dkcr kinda has the problem the various new super mario bros games have: the level design is good but also formulaic and relies on an age old bag of tricks. tropical freeze looked more "organic" and creative to me but im basing this off of some youtube videos ive seen so idk.

Pre-rendered 3d (used as sprites) looks bad and that's that.

it looks good in donkey kong country tho
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21199 on: May 17, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »

Original DKC still have mindblowing music that wasn't replicate later

Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic