Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:57:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327446 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26900 on: May 01, 2017, 05:52:37 AM »

Happy international workers' day
my great grandfather was the general secretary of one of the large workers unions in the uk in the 40s. earlier in his career as a union organiser a factory tried to fire him and ban him from the premises so the entire staff threatened to quit unless he was reinstated. theyr eluctantly reinstated him but built a cage around him on the factory floor lol
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #26901 on: May 01, 2017, 12:16:09 PM »

Remember that time I asked for recommendations for Steam games? I ended up ignoring all the propositions on there, and I bought OneShot.

I think I made a good decision, and you definitely should check it out. It does a lot of unique things with its mechanics and has feels on the level of Undertale. Just go get it, trust me.

Also, how is a game this good made with freaking RPG Maker???

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #26902 on: May 01, 2017, 02:04:47 PM »

Not nomansky don't care Sad

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26903 on: May 01, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »

What's with the prejudice anyway? rpgmaker is as good as anything else Sad

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #26904 on: May 01, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »

I don't know, for some reason I was under the impression that it was just a limiting choice. I've only ever seen it being used by my friend though, and he tended to only make really basic games with it.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26905 on: May 01, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »

Oneshot features some really unique gameplay towards the end that seems impressive to be made on rpgmaker, considering the fact that 90% of existing rpgmaker games are generic jrpg
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #26906 on: May 01, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »

sometimes people just wanna make a generic jrpg because that's what they like. Shrug it's not the engine's fault so many users use the default or sometimes slightly modified versions of the stock assets.

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #26907 on: May 01, 2017, 09:42:37 PM »

Warcraft 3 editor creates more diverse gaming experiences than rpg maker. It should be renamed Dragon Quest maker, the original nes one.
It has grid based movement and you need to hack in battle system that does not look like DQ1. Like by default its technically impossible to create SNES era level rpg.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:27:00 AM by Bad_Dude 2017 » Logged
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #26908 on: May 01, 2017, 10:07:56 PM »

i think the latest version mv has a side view battle built in so you have 2 choices now, but yeah you're pretty much right

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26909 on: May 02, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »

I have helped made a megaman like (yulunga platformer system or yps 0.1) and the person made a bomber man after that (vanilla rpgmk2k no addon), I played some hobo simulator and various type of non jrpg on rpgmaker. Guess I hanged out with the cool community back then ...

Rpgmaker is limited, but if your ambition match the engine you can do massive wonder.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #26910 on: May 02, 2017, 09:54:59 AM »

in the most recent few versions they added ruby and now switched to javascript, so there is at least scripting now compared to 2000 and 2k3. idk how much it helps, but it at least seems like it should be more easily modifiable now.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26911 on: May 02, 2017, 01:29:29 PM »

Useless personal snobby comment, I prefer the prefer the purity of the event system before that fancy scripting system, get of my lawn kiddo, in my time we [insert patronizing example]

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26912 on: May 03, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »

Hedge Physics v1.0 - Altitude Limit Zone

Fan games are about to distance sega even in 3d now, level are better, engine are mature, and now open source, that's the third promising fan engine with features complete.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26913 on: May 04, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »

Good to see autistic children embrace left wing ideology and seize the means of production
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26914 on: May 04, 2017, 01:02:43 PM »

We live in one of the post scarcity society after all, even though it's only one of teh post scarcity society event of humanity. I'm sure back then, when agriculture was invented (the second post scarcity event after fire), a youngster climb onto a rock to tell how much it is a revolution, we won't have to forage about food anymore, we won't have to fight over territories, all tribes will have their own home grown food and it will be peace forever, fucking neolithic hipster always talking shit and drinking the not invented yet kool aid.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26915 on: May 04, 2017, 07:00:51 PM »

Bethesda is attacking the indie game "prey for the god" because it has a trademark on "prey" ....

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26916 on: May 04, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »

We live in one of the post scarcity society after all, even though it's only one of teh post scarcity society event of humanity. I'm sure back then, when agriculture was invented (the second post scarcity event after fire), a youngster climb onto a rock to tell how much it is a revolution, we won't have to forage about food anymore, we won't have to fight over territories, all tribes will have their own home grown food and it will be peace forever, fucking neolithic hipster always talking shit and drinking the not invented yet kool aid.

You don't know what scarcity is
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26917 on: May 04, 2017, 08:24:46 PM »

I think you never put thought into it, scarcity is relative to the state you are in, once you reach a post scarcity events you grow until you hit a new scarcity wall. Fire brought down the time it took to digest and made us available to new task that use to consume a scarce resources (time and energy), then agriculture happen and it made food less scarce, which free us some labour and lead to writing, math, and a ruling class that didn't have to work the land, until we build civilization which start stressing that new tech and new resources, etc ...

Each post scarcity events basically follow maslow pyramid of needs, post scarcity make human do the jump to the next ladder step and then hit a new scarcity wall. Basically things we didn't knew were scarce because lower needs were unfulfilled, making fulfilling these higher need less relevant.

Today we have community/dating apps that allow us to break free from affection scarcity, ie to bond with a higher pool of human than our original locals. It didn't make sense before because there wasn't any resources left to pursue that. Depression is a big problem in modern life, there is a scarcity of purpose and we haven't found a solution yet. Wheen you were out to forage food, you didn't have to thought about being self actualized like we do in modern society.

Instead of seeing post scarcity as a big monolithic utopian state, it's better to break it down into civilization's steps. I'm not saying it's homogenous either ...

BUT WAIT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE IN RESPONSE TO SUPERB JOE'S JOKE (because everybody know that sonic is super important to self actualization anyway, that's what being a commie mean)... thanks for ruining it by spurring nerdy babble (which are certainly not well put out anyway and might need a longer demonstration).

Pfotegeist
« Reply #26918 on: May 05, 2017, 05:52:12 AM »

Bethesda is attacking the indie game "prey for the god" because it has a trademark on "prey" ....
Anyone can name their game or pet. This sounds like a meta publicity stunt by companies that can't advertise for themselves through socially acceptable media and attempt to game the legal system for edge.

In fact I encourage everyone to change their game to "bunneh" and rely on cover art and subtitle to distinguish them.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26919 on: May 05, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »

TIG Source: the indie games forum where people regularly side with large corporations.
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic