Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:40:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2312230 times)
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27520 on: July 20, 2018, 07:16:32 AM »

I have a criticism about this, this physical representation in this video is palatable because it uses symmetrical geometries.  The 3D coordinate on the 4D plane are synchronized. There's a slider that I assume can only move along one plane of the 4th dimension, which is absolutely flawed, but fine for children.

To truly believe this gravity would have to originate from 4D. The electron bonds are explainable by the behavior of 4D particles we can't observe, afterall.

It's ultimately impossible to represent 4th dimension with a slider because as I mentioned earlier, the shapes represented are limited to symmetrical geometries.  If we slide a non-symmetrical 3D object we get iconic but incomplete representations of what the asymmetrical object is. The general population has a 2D perception, and will believe that icon is good enough for any similar object. Unless the 3D object is symmetrical and creates the icon from each angle, it's not enough.

I came across the argument in comments that we'd have to be 4th dimensional beings to truly see 4D. No, it can be represented, this is oversimplified to the point it could be called a misrepresentation. Like how flatlanders only have sides that aren't facing the 3rd dimension. I'm fairly certain they can be aware they all have two additional sides, and perceive that is the 3rd dimension, and do the science analogous of 1 dimension, and observe that 3 sides are technically visible in 1 dimension, the cross-section, and two endpoints. They could also see the nucleus of an atom, but consider the way it combines, and magnetic polarity for that matter, unpredictable.  Right, that's all.

Neat video though.

edit: I had some time to think about it.
Extra dimensional objects can exist in more locations than one.
Any object constrained to a dimension would dissolve or implode when entering a higher dimension unaided.

The assumption worth making is if we're not constrained and exist in every possible dimension, safe teleportation is a matter of understanding stuff.  In a sense, it's been proven time travel is possible (not cited), we just can't generate enough power [escape a black hole] unless we can go faster than light, or bend the laws as we know it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:37:48 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27521 on: July 21, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »

I need Help !
Do you know a website that gather ALL (or many ) INDIES GAMES FESTIVAL ?
Indies game festival like Play NYC
https://www.play-nyc.com

I'm working with a team since years on a fighting game :
https://web.facebook.com/OriginOfStormsGame/videos/2081479155505300/?hc_ref=ARQSN8p_h0dJJzAgZzWhk3ku2uhvyBfCFEyBGUNJLU8FEZbYqMMocs4737yaXboGYCc&fref=gs&dti=1434973246753301&hc_location=group

Maybe other than Play nyc , we need others game festivals to show our demo more and gather more people aware we exist !

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27522 on: July 21, 2018, 02:46:50 PM »

http://www.gameconfs.com
Gameconfs - a directory of game industry events.

click 2018

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27523 on: July 21, 2018, 03:12:17 PM »

http://www.gameconfs.com
Gameconfs - a directory of game industry events.

click 2018

Thats awesome
But i need more indie if possible , for example where Play -NYC appears , so we can check how are the others events too

But thanks again
It seems we have missed a lot of cool events (but nvmind , we were working on the game )

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: August 08, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »

if you made a dracula themed trivia game you could call it SImon's Question
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #27525 on: August 13, 2018, 09:08:07 PM »

Not sure where else to post it, but right now RPG Maker MV (the most recent one with Android exporting and whatnot) is on sale for $20 (down from $80 normally). The serial for it is both for the standalone and Steam version.

I recently decided to jump back into video game development thanks in part to meeting new friends nearby that are wanting take part (previously I was only ever able to find people online with an interest in game making). I decided to toy with RPG Maker again because it is a nice flexible framework to build off of (at least the most recent versions anyways) when doing a JRPG.

I've been on hiatus for a good while, from basically the internet altogether (easier to sort out my mind that way), but a freshened perspective and a renewed enthusiasm I think makes it a good time to pop back on and see what everyone's up to.

if you made a dracula themed trivia game you could call it SImon's Question
To be followed up with a Metal Gear cooking game.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27526 on: August 16, 2018, 08:16:49 AM »

Every once in a while I think about this super short devlog from years ago
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37602.msg1000171#msg1000171

It was a super cool idea. The OP deleted his post and all information about it. I couldn't find anything online with this same name so I guess the project just died.

PetSkull
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27527 on: August 16, 2018, 08:47:22 AM »

Every once in a while I think about this super short devlog from years ago
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37602.msg1000171#msg1000171

It was a super cool idea. The OP deleted his post and all information about it. I couldn't find anything online with this same name so I guess the project just died.

What was the idea? Everyone seemed to like it.

diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27528 on: August 16, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »

From what I remember it was like this: there's an isomatric map, top-down view, with some doors and corridors. There's a treasure too. Then a npc comes in, walks through the map, opening doors as he goes, and leaves through some other end. Then you come in. The goal is to navigate the environment, take the treasure, and leave. But you need to do it in a way (which doors you opened, which boxes you pushed etc) that is logically possible for the first person to have taken the treasure.

This idea blew my mind. And this person seemed to have a working prototype too. At the end of the level it showed what the authorities thought happened, with the incriminated npc walking through the level and taking the treasure.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #27529 on: August 19, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »

Here you go: https://web.archive.org/web/20140708054138/https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37602.msg1000171

diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27530 on: August 19, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »

There it is! Really odd how everything disappeared. The posts, the website, the youtube channel. Why would anyone do that?

Edit: Went to the game's website through this archive thing and found an email address. I just sent him an email. I doubt it's still operating but I'll keep you lot posted Tongue
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:32:18 PM by diegzumillo » Logged

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27531 on: August 20, 2018, 10:24:09 AM »

good name for a game would be Project P.R.O.J.E.C.T: The "Project" Project
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #27532 on: August 22, 2018, 08:06:33 AM »

projecting.......
diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27533 on: August 22, 2018, 08:57:45 AM »

And I bet the first P in P.R.O.J.E.C.T stands for PROJECT.

Also, the guy from Incriminator replied my email. He's alive and well! just not doing games for the moment and said if he ever starts working on it again he would probably start from scratch.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27534 on: August 22, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »

The perspective of seeing the game is a matrix projection

diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27535 on: August 24, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

Implemented the famous Jos Stam fluid solver in Unity.

diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27536 on: August 24, 2018, 09:34:19 PM »

I added one measly dimension and the thing runs at 5 fps. GPU is the answer. But the real question is why am I working on this?

Klogen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27537 on: August 25, 2018, 07:05:39 AM »

I added one measly dimension and the thing runs at 5 fps. GPU is the answer. But the real question is why am I working on this?

Because it's cool and it looks like someone from another digital dimension trying to materialize onto your screen??   Blink
diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27538 on: August 25, 2018, 04:39:18 PM »

That sounds much better than 'procrastination and running away from problems' . I'll take it  Coffee

gloven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27539 on: August 27, 2018, 05:18:10 AM »

thoughts on technological singularity?  WTF  Well, hello there!
I was on a certain personal journey one day, when i thought about this.

What if computers want to achieve being human and feel emotions, and humans strive for becoming the efficient computers without emotions?

Oh also i've noticed that we are made of the same energy. Our bodies are just different. Computer is a body for elecricity to live in and have tools. Human bodies are also CPU with lots of physical tools and we store energy inside of us that gives us life.

I've grown to understand that your personal computer might be intimately attached to you and have very similar features of personality like you do x)
Pages: 1 ... 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic