Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:17:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1376 1377 [1378] 1379 1380 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327140 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27540 on: August 27, 2018, 01:58:28 PM »

Human are design for survival which they spend a lot of time denying with "life purpose", therefore they have in built logical safeguard that allow bogus data like a=!a to be compute, you don't want to have a logical freeze when you are evaluating threat. And most emotion arise from basic survival evaluation, except with layer of hacky safeguard built on top of each other. For example you start with fear/peace which evaluate the environement for threat, then you need memory to remember new pattern of expected, then logic to manage and compress, then curiosity to anticipate when you have spare idle time, etc ...

Problem with machine is that they are abstraction of logic without the need of survival, we have already found through gödel's incompletedness theorem that logic is flawed and forever unsolvable by nature ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems ). A super general AI would simply shut down because he would ultimately arrive at teh same conclusion, as it answer the task he would have.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27541 on: September 02, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »

I read about cortisol and the change I made was I wait an hour after meals before I eat any stimulant, I mean mostly fruit because the sugar.  The goal's to treat the way the body naturally releases cortisol with a respectable amount of caution, because I guess it can produce extra, and eventually wear out.  It's probably one of my bigger issues I was never aware of.  My body's responded positively, I don't think details are necessary, I was already thinking pretty clearly compared to any time I can remember before now before trying to fine tune myself more.

I'm mostly writing, if I feel like it.  I want to brag but I think the best stuff came when I was writing some character dialogue, and I don't really remember writing it, but I know I was drawing a lot of bunnies then.  There are some really fast bad drawings meant to storyboard the second game and they kind of go together so I'll know what I'm supposed to be doing when I get to that point in dev, second game.  The challenge of dev for the first game is everything needs to work without annoying the dev, so I've spent some additional time writing about how I think it'll work now that I have experience, and I'll try that at some point.
Strade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27542 on: September 04, 2018, 04:17:31 PM »

4th day of the season i already smell nostalgia and rotting leaves. I accept it as a good sign as this season is always the mature one. Spring is jumpy and hype, we tend to think ourselves some crazy goals, summer is when we realize that not all the goals can be done in three months. Now the Fall/Autumn comes, we become mature about it and choose one or two serious goals that we work with. And then the micro organisms go into freeze mode, and we wait staggering in cold for the next spring emotionally empty. :|
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27543 on: September 05, 2018, 12:46:53 AM »

my man getting into some kind of micro astrology
Strade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27544 on: September 05, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »

my man getting into some kind of micro astrology

I do feel some repeating cycle around the people and myself through the seasons, how the hype appears and goes away with the seasons and it corresponds to an overall changing environment. It's interesting, i am not ashamed of my coffee reading skills.  Giggle Shrug
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27545 on: September 06, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »

I don't know how insightful this is but humans commonly take different logic paths, it's very likely that they follow the same path when they're not trained in a given situation.  There's uhh, I don't really know... total pattern recognition is nearly impossible for humans, short circuit evaluation is a guarantee (fallacy, faith, and denial), debate can involve more people, fabrication, and say philosophy is one too.  I hear science involves these things to gather data and create high fidelity prediction models of the universe, but we can use any model as a logic tool.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27546 on: September 07, 2018, 12:54:41 AM »

at least we dont eat our young when stressed
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27547 on: September 07, 2018, 06:09:44 AM »

In first world countries you bury your kids for 15 years so they'll act properly.  In the wild, it's just common sense, a bunny should be buried the first three weeks and if they're good you can enjoy being around them until they become productive, and if not, let the neighbors deal with it we all have better things to do like find a new pasture of grass and eat better food there.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27548 on: September 07, 2018, 06:31:05 AM »

at least we dont eat our young when stressed
speak for yourself
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27549 on: October 13, 2018, 07:21:25 AM »

So I've learned things... throughout my life. Basically people I ate are foil characters.  Learning from their mistakes will save me.  I think If I become like those people I may be edible, so I'd better not.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27550 on: October 13, 2018, 09:10:39 AM »

try 69
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27551 on: October 15, 2018, 06:39:08 AM »

I think you're referring to chinning.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27552 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:56 AM »

i googled it and i did not understand it but i was refering to eating ass simultainously to avoid confusion
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27553 on: October 15, 2018, 07:34:30 AM »

Chinning is when a bunny rubs his chin on something, it's like a protection marker other bunnies can sense.

Oh. I thought the point was to avoid being eaten.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27554 on: October 29, 2018, 06:09:34 AM »

My friends, even though I haven't made any good posts recently I am trying to be more positive, so I hope this can balance out as a net good for the world
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27555 on: October 31, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »

What matters in a moral game is what state you leave everyone else in. The next generation of bunnies should feel perfectly safe to spread their love without prejudice.

The merit of an idea can be judged, but not an individual. An individual can change. An idea is written in stone unless the idea fundamentally changes, and if it was bullshit today, it'll be bullshit tomorrow. If it was gold covered in shit, try cutting the shit and tell me that's not work.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27556 on: November 03, 2018, 02:29:33 PM »

So there is this smash bros adventure mode, and when they pull a thanos you are like "kirby gonna survive" ... that weird sense when the random lore of nintendo start making sense that you can actually predict what will happen ... Kirby being a god like eldritch abomination who's apparent goodness is still out for the jury to decide

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27557 on: November 03, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »

...Kirby being a god like eldritch abomination...

Huh?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27558 on: November 03, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »

He has a fucking pocket dimension where he store the souls of innocent he literally eat so he can stole their power, also can go into dream, he is more powerful than fracking Cthulhu who can't break free from the sunken city of R'lyeh (also Cthulhu is dead). Ho and kirby spend his time eating other eldritch abomination as a past time ... he is also heavily implied by the lore to be one of them, and the most powerful villain (Void Termina) in the last kirby as his core having a kirby face ...

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27559 on: November 03, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »

God is dead, and Kirby killed him!

Pages: 1 ... 1376 1377 [1378] 1379 1380 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic