Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:43:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327014 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27560 on: November 03, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »

Many of them

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27561 on: November 03, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »

what are the implications of this for the zelda timeline

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27562 on: November 03, 2018, 04:46:26 PM »

none; separate universe, also smash bros is a separate (toy) universe too, although character import their lore property, Though I'm not sure about the inclusion of taboo and the new vilain as I'm not really interested and is only informed incidentally as I stumble on them.

Still very fun to learn about them for the batshit evolution

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27563 on: November 03, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »

none; separate universe,

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27564 on: November 03, 2018, 05:42:03 PM »

No those are called anti kirby, check your fact lore bro!  Cool

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27565 on: November 04, 2018, 12:14:53 PM »

About that old debate of superior mice/keyboard vs inferior controller, for shooter games, it as been put to rest with fortnite crossplay and Ghost Ayden ... Which any sensible person not blind by pride should have seen coming

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27566 on: November 04, 2018, 01:09:09 PM »

all that building looks like the worst possible game experience

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27567 on: November 04, 2018, 01:49:53 PM »

it took humanity 20 years to realise quake 3 arena shooters suck ass, many are still in denial
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: November 04, 2018, 03:34:32 PM »

all that building looks like the worst possible game experience

First this is a end game simulation, they are in a specific mode where material to build are given plenty, it's more limited in a real game, so it's a training basically.

Hi skill ceiling don't mean you need to reach that skill ceiling, game is fun with basic version of that, but yeah it's the equivalent of streetfighter 3 parry system, a highly defensive system but this time on a timer (material consumption). It's easy to be overwhelm watching hi level play in that game, but at least it's less esoteric than a moba that require knowledge of the game to be able to follow.

But the thruth, aside from reaction time it's not that hard in concept, like fighting game it's like a lot of anticipation and faking, expect now you must think in 3d with sound to help you. Basically shoot then build to protect yourself, think about escape routes and how to block your opponent escape's, try having a better line of sight, on top of reload/heal cooldown. There is only 3 concepts, positioning, blocking and firing.

No ability, no nonsense asymmetry. A lot of built part are actually redundant to provide better protection, they look complex by virtue of adding some noise especially at the fast pace they are made, but then even the speed is just "kata", ie you learn the pattern and apply it, which is like knowing your move in a fighting game, expect more organic. It's basically a simple high speed game of checkers. And the principle are simple enough anyone can come with their own variants, and how you trade off defense vs mobility vs offense.

Also while building fight are spectacular, it's only for two high engagement player, you can negate building by staying at some distance and favoring explosive weapon. SO you don't even have to engage in that and it might not impact you as much as this video sensationalize, also these kind of build fight are a specific way to train for the game, so it's artificially constrained by house rules, like no explosive, no destroying of the build fundation, and you start with given position (opposite ramps)

THe surprising thing is that the game is still friendly to noob, being a multiplayer survival game and not a race to kills, where you can have the upper hand on a pro gamer if he just out of a difficult battle, he might be low on health and mat and can't really retaliate, especially if you have a good long line of sight with a sniper. Which mean a noob can actually finish first or at least score high. So why the game hasn't crumble into unfairness? well because it's a balance of high risk vs low risk. And the progression arc of most player is to start from low risk to high risk organically:

1. you start being the prey, you have no idea how the game works and you walk in the vast field where people can see you from miles with little to no protection.

2. then you evolve to the scrappy cowards, you understand line of sight, where are the hotspot of battle, how to hide and how to move in an open field without dying. You also have the basic rudiment of building which allow you build cover to escape any attempt at firing against you. Or just using ramp to navigate around teh world seamlessly.

3. then you become assassin's creed, no skilled enough for direct engagement, but all that time cowering in the shadow and avoiding exposition taught you to be a ninja, so now you are either a scavenger, picking on people who just barely escape fight, or an assassin's trailing a victim to kill him without him noticing. You also start to seek high altitude place and favor long distance weapon.

4. The shooter, you are way more confident in your skill practice being an assassin so you start going toe on toe with people in direct engagement, when you met the pro builder you start using the age old tactics of hit and run, building are highly local and defensive, just move away to reset the whole shenanigans, which also deplete the mat of the opponent and give you time to switch into silent assassin when they turtle in their build. You mostly stay into mid range engagement to maximize shooting and minimize building. You cycle between shootgun for close contact, and smg and AR for midrange.

5. The basic builder. You start using building in fight in a rudimentary way, just the basics, four wall for protection, a 3 high tower for surveying and long distance engagement, you move then set up camps in the middle of nowhere to rest, you use ramp to position yourself above your opponent to get best luck at headshot. You learn the various ramp pattern and ramp mind game to trick your opponent. You start to do a basic shoo, build, reposition pattern.

6. The pro builder, you fear nothing no more, you go high engament at any distance and know how to build fight, you stock on mat and shield potion, and cycle between explosive, sniper, smg/ar and shootguns. You are constantly moving from target to target and have a high spatial awareness, any surprise shoots fired at you will quickly be met by a huge defensive structure so you can survey and retaliate.

The thing is that if you get past level 1, you have chance to win the game or to cut above the average fold, and in a satisfying way. You are never so distanced that the game feel like onesided.

BY the way if you want to be truly horrified watch this tournament finals:

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27569 on: November 06, 2018, 01:15:59 PM »

Seems like I've gotten 100% better after avoiding gluten for two years.  I would have started as soon as I believed it but it's extremely difficult to do what you really try to during dysfunction.  Plus I don't buy my own food so I had to convince someone else.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27570 on: November 09, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »

Mr glass from Unbreakable is an obsessive busybody that never learns, and the superhero is minding his own business.

I read there was going to be a "Glass" movie coming January 2019 while I was poorly researching this post.

Also a reminder, that mr glass has the super power of yelling really loud while the wind is knocked out of him, like in this upcoming clip.

eViL StRaNgEr mAkEs ThE rAiL sLipPeRy, IgNoReS dYiNg PeOpLe

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:16:30 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27571 on: November 12, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/various-five-nights-at-freddys-projects-update-from-developer-film-vr-ar-console-ports-aaa-etc.80543/

Movie News:

Five Nights at Freddy’s (first movie): New script being worked on

OK guys, I had a script written; Jason liked it, and Chris Columbus liked it too, but I tossed it. I had a different idea for it, one that I liked better. I take responsibility for this delay; it’s my fault.

It’s been a real challenge for everyone, including myself, to come up with a good screenplay for this. But I’m determined to find the right story. I’m sticking to what I’ve always said, either the right movie gets made or no movie gets made. I hate delaying a project that’s already seen so many delays, but I have to go with my instincts on what I think will be exciting and interesting, and what I think the fanbase will really want to see. If that means that I have to start over ten more times, then that’s what I'm going to do. The good thing is that each attempt gets better and better, in my opinion. So, despite the delays, it's going in the right direction.

One thing that most of you might want to know is that the movie (and sequels I hope) will take place in the universe of FNAF 1-3 only. The games after Five Nights at Freddy's 3 will not exist in the movie universe. Like it or hate it, I felt that this was the best portion of the storyline to really focus in on.

Game Projects:

FNAF VR: (40% complete)

This game is looking terrific. I’m working with a company called Steel Wool to bring the VR game to life, and these guys are making some crazy stuff. If you liked repairing Funtime Freddy up-close in Sister Location, just wait until you try to do something like that in VR, up close, personal, with these huge animatronics that are just one mistake away from jumping at you. I refused to test it the first time and had my son Braden test it instead. (The repair section is one small part of the game.) And, for the first time, you’re going to all get to see an actual stage performance from the classic band!

FNAF AR: (10% complete)

The AR game is well under way, and while I’m not going to reveal any gameplay details yet, I will say that the impending doom of something hunting you will keep you up at night.

FNAF: Into Madness (0% complete)

This is the next game that I want to work on myself someday, a compilation of several previous gameplay ideas in the same vein as Update 2; just a free game for the fanbase. There isn’t a guarantee that it will happen though; I’m still recovering from the first four years! Smiley

Console Ports: (20% complete)

I’m working closely with the people at Clickteam to create new, improved, HD ports of all of the original games! They will be released on Android, iOS, Switch, XBox and PlayStation!

AAA Game: (0%)

There is a BIG deal in the works to create an incredible big-budget game! I can’t reveal any details yet as this project is still in its planning stages, but I’m working closely with the studio involved to ensure that it delivers what (I think) FNAF fans will want to see!

New Book Series: (20%)

There is a new line of books on the way from Scholastic! This will be very different from the original book series, as it will be a collection of short horror stories that takes place in the FNAF universe. The series will launch with five books, each containing three different short stories with unique characters and plot lines, some connected directly to the games, and some not.

Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug Shrug

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27572 on: November 13, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »

This is the end
Promethean AI Announcement Trailer

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27573 on: November 13, 2018, 04:36:29 PM »

I'd be good enough for filler if I could define a 'road' and tell it to build a racetrack.  I'm guessing that's what it does.

One of the design goals I've been aiming for is that the semantics of a 'new game' are indescribable with purely old game semantics. So players will inherently be repelled and throw it out. Something like filler is an important part of convincing the audience it's actually game by bridging that gape of inhibition.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27574 on: November 21, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »

It was a 1.5 years ago since my last login.

Hello everyone. What new happened here? Did I miss something?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27575 on: November 21, 2018, 03:53:54 PM »

There was a rotation of new admins a while back, not sure if you missed that or not.

Other than that, same old. We did have a competition again recently though!

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27576 on: November 24, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »

I was recommended an inspired animal video today and that makes two this year. I think I'll post them both now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpoLkMcQh24?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJR8Obayges?
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27577 on: November 27, 2018, 12:35:25 AM »

*evil anime woman laugh* ho ho ho

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27578 on: November 27, 2018, 05:17:35 AM »