Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:18:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327088 times)
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27580 on: December 04, 2018, 07:54:59 PM »

OMG !
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/announcing-the-epic-games-store

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27581 on: December 05, 2018, 01:49:37 AM »

hows twitch and discord store doing
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27582 on: December 05, 2018, 06:43:37 AM »

Discord is more of a launcher than a store since it also aggregates games from other stores you have installed, and twitch basically just gives away a bunch of games as part of twitch prime, so I don’t think very many people are actually buying games from there.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27583 on: December 06, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »

kartridge seems promising from an indie standpoint. i doubt it will get much traction though

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27584 on: December 07, 2018, 05:48:08 AM »

I see half life 3 confirms

I bet valve will start cranking game again now they have competition and all teh big publisher are flying away from them and indie get more and more scare, which attract competitors.

No artifact isn't a game, it's a scam

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27585 on: December 07, 2018, 05:48:40 AM »

Just dropping this as an appreciation of the song choice in the intro

brb

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27586 on: December 07, 2018, 09:06:57 AM »

I see half life 3 confirms

I bet valve will start cranking game again now they have competition and all teh big publisher are flying away from them and indie get more and more scare, which attract competitors.

No artifact isn't a game, it's a scam

I dont get this

Lmao they never gonna release half life 3 Evil

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27587 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:05 AM »

Hey, there’s a good chance I’m gonna be going to magfest in january to showcase my game, but I’ve never made a booth before and I’m nervous about doing things properly. Do those of you with convention experience have any advice to give on this by any chance?

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27588 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:26 AM »

Hey, there’s a good chance I’m gonna be going to magfest in january to showcase my game, but I’ve never made a booth before and I’m nervous about doing things properly. Do those of you with convention experience have any advice to give on this by any chance?

Be yourself, its ok , there is many conv
Bring if possible a second laptop in case yours is down or else
Good luck

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27589 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:38 AM »

it's mostly a joke, but it's rooted in the history of steam:

Act1

scene 1
- Half life was created by gabe newell, who worked at microsoft, when he realized that doom was installed on more machine than windows, so he left microsoft to found valve

scene 2
- when they made half life 2, they use the popularity of the first game to be the first video game developper to move to digital store, there was no half life 2 in the box you bought, you had to connect on internet, download steam and then enter the code in the box to get half life 2

scene 3
- as there was no game on steam only half life, they made half life episodic and another game (sin), but then since they were popular they attracted other people to be in the store, so they stop after episode 2 of half life, they still continue to make game like left 4 dead, team fortress 2, portal, dota 2 etc ... always capitalizing with the business trend discussed at the time but not fully realized (digital distribution, game as a services, episodic, micro transaction, etc ...)

Act 2
scene 1
- epic is an old traditional dev doing stuff the traditional way, with a focus on tech, they coasted and lead many of the tech improvement in the game industry, to the point where they could sell their engine

scene 2
- the world start changing around them and they were not the best dev anymore, but still having great IP, however most success around them was made with the engine they made, they eventually start to focus more on maintaining the engine rather than making game, but then it got challenge by a newcomer that started to eat their market share from the bottom, unity ...

scene 3
- they got bough by tencent a chineese company, they were dabbling for a long time with a project mixing the then trendy minecraft and shooting mechanics on top of popular horde mode, this was called fortnite, it was a moderate success and a micro transaction confusing hell, up until pubg come around and they added a new mode call "battle royale" to that game ... which as blown up to the phenomenal success it is now

Act 3
scene 1
- radiant down is a dev that started as a support company for other big video game dev, they notably ported okami on wii and did the psp god of war game, they got known for the massively visually impressive game of the order 1884, which also kinda flopped, and they pivoted on VR and offered to this platform its first real high profile success with lone echo. Although that's a success among early adopter, vr still need a killer app

- scene 2
Fortnite is a killer app, it was so popular that epic decided to bypass google play on mobile, and got away for it, given that google play is a store so integral to mobile, that's quite a feat! with fortnite they have created an infrastructure capable to handle million of customer, and attract them, so why not opening it to other dev so they can sell their game on it too? I mean complaints have been leveraged by dev about how difficult it is to start now on steam, and big publisher are also leaving steam because it's better to hold all their published game into their own specific store. All have big IP with big pool of dedicated user able to pull people into their own infrastructure, just like half life 2 was able to start steam in a world where digital distribution was inexistant. All are kick started by a killer app...

- scene 3
Valve was very instrumental to the rise of VR, funding part of the platform dev, and having a hardware on their own with the htc vive that support their own steam ecology. Problem is that VR isn't really taking off, no people outside the enthusiast really care about it, nor there is notable IP only offering experience on that platform, and credible competition for the store start appearing with twitch, epic and discord store. Valve has acquired the dev who has made the critically acclaimed walking simulator "fire watch" who expend on narrative storytelling, and also was instrumental in that genre with the stanley parable, all of which are first person ... if only valve a narratively rich popular first person genre to attract people to vr and his ecosystem, something that everyone want? Something like a ... killer app?

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27590 on: December 12, 2018, 03:49:44 PM »

This one goes out to the big homie Phil Fish, Philippe Poisson, in case his skin is thick enough and his mind insane enough to have a Google alert: I love you forever man. Keep on keeping on, whatever you're doing these days.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27591 on: December 12, 2018, 06:56:27 PM »

You might meet him these days if you hang around the official discord server.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27592 on: December 13, 2018, 12:12:51 AM »

broke my trackpad clicking too hard
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27593 on: December 13, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »

Hey, sorry if this seems a bit spammy, but a kickstarter campaign I follow for a cosmic horror metroidvania just lost a major backer to a family emergency. I thought I could help out a little by plugging it here, so if a metroidvania with a non-binary main character piques your interest, please consider pledging for Lore Finder!

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27594 on: December 15, 2018, 11:52:43 AM »

o no

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27595 on: December 15, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »

No.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27596 on: December 15, 2018, 01:09:27 PM »

Is

Is that balding dude supposed to be eggman?..

edit: WAIT NO ACCORDING TO IMDB EGGMAN IS PLAYED BY JIM CARREY

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27597 on: December 15, 2018, 02:12:44 PM »

looks like a better production than most sonic games of the past two decades

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27598 on: December 16, 2018, 01:43:13 PM »

lots of adult men are in despair right now asking how they are supposed to jack off to this
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27599 on: December 16, 2018, 03:38:27 PM »

I have a pretty minor revelation.

If an Atheist doesn't believe in any god they must not comprehend the god complex.
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic