Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:42:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2312156 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27660 on: May 08, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »

exactly! i love him. hes going to do great things one day as long as he doesnt get into sports or girls.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27661 on: May 15, 2019, 02:44:54 AM »

I have a weird problem, I can't access slack, twitter, discord ...
but it says I can't access the site while I can still browse the net ... help

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27662 on: May 15, 2019, 02:48:39 AM »

I have a weird problem, I can't access slack, twitter, discord ...
but it says I can't access the site while I can still browse the net ... help
try accessing something via google translate. if youre still using mcdonalds wifi they may have fucked up some https stuff? what happens when you open a cmd window and ping twitter.com?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27663 on: May 15, 2019, 06:00:31 AM »

forgive me for i have been rude on tigsource again, but it was about star wars sex, which tests me to the very limits of my capacity to not be a dickhead and beyond
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27664 on: May 15, 2019, 07:48:06 AM »

What an inspiration. I think I'll come up with a resolution for myself.

Instead of venting about how school a decade or so ago destroyed us all with mediocrity I think I'll read news and keep a record of all the positive things like funds being spent on computers so that one day the computers can be used all the time and not just 5 minutes per week.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27665 on: May 22, 2019, 07:02:42 PM »

I think some day I will be a big enough person to apologize for my shortcomings and it'll go something like this "If I had social skills I wouldn't be self employed. Actually I think every social interaction damaged my mental model because of how I remember things. God bless the internet, I didn't have to talk to anyone for the past XX years I never visited a forum. Finding out everyone has mental problems wasn't a positive experience. I'm sorry I couldn't blame someone and run to strangers for help, I just had to go look for the real problem that made me the bunny I was and if it were a problem someone else had I'd probably be told to f off and mind my own business while they take care of it."  Maybe the internet will have a different name by then.

Alright it's fine to get support from other people. Could this use any other changes?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:28:13 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27666 on: May 27, 2019, 05:53:38 PM »

I heard they'll be using ai algorithms for various institutions in the future. As long as it's used for better pattern recognition, I like the idea, because humans are terrible at it.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27667 on: May 29, 2019, 06:19:03 PM »

If we believe it makes sense to put the most dangerous age of children together the ai should be able to tell us we're wrong, that would be something.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27668 on: June 05, 2019, 04:27:44 PM »

CRAZY NINTENDO SPECULATION TIME
With the advent of Google stadia and all the big one having a similar back up plan. I feel like nintendo is pressured to find a plan B if it caught on and makes console obsolete ... I think this plan is VR ... recent Labo VR experimentation are surprisingly random and tied to the big hitter (odissey, smash, zelda, only missing is mario kart).

Anyone who follow nintendo long enough know that all their random innovation had precedent, like that wario ware motion control and that weird yoshi game having motion sensor in the cartridge. We just don't know what will the ultimate form be like.

VR is great for nintendo because they have the IP to support it, the knack for experience and teh lateral thinking. But more importantly, that help them still keep an hardware. I mean they are dipping in mobile but not fully commited, they have plan Bs all around. The universal theme park and the Imagination's movie are all part of the of strenghtening IP in case they became reliant on other's services and hardware (streaming + mobile). VR allow them to stay independant. They also have dipped in AR too, thought they don't own their biggest success (pokemon go).

I feel like the next rumored switch PRO, might be a VR one.

Also I feel like they are teaming up with Monolith (xenoblade) to produce a full scale RPG zelda like skyrim (the director of xenoblade want to dethrone skyrim, it has really left an impression on them, and aonuma specifically name dropped skyrim while doing botw). Monolith is hiring people who has experience on open world and action games ... and people found out that one of their mock up released to announced a coded named project had element of zelda lore in it (triforce and royal symbol, which put suspicion on the other piece of concept art that features a blond girl everyone is guessing now might be zelda)

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27669 on: June 08, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »

my friend superteen hijong park i posted about released a demo for his newest game, please give him some meaningful feedback https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=66874.msg1405959#msg1405959
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27670 on: June 11, 2019, 07:08:38 AM »

can someone explain to me why people are getting insanely full diapers about pc game storefronts? theres like a million of them already, why is epics bad? i don't use any of them so there is evidently a lot of context i am missing
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27671 on: June 11, 2019, 07:55:31 AM »

Lack of feature, they're using their money to get exclusive deals, the scrolling is laggy. Point is, people are reluctant to click a different icon when launching their games.

Joking aside though, the point about them buying the market instead of making it better is valid. They're not really offering a better alternative to steam from the perspective of players, they're just giving more moneys to midrange "AA" studios to put pressure on valve.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27672 on: June 11, 2019, 08:42:40 AM »

why is epics bad? i don't use any of them so there is evidently a lot of context i am missing

Its a weird piece of software made by some frenzied cyprus bizdevs.
Steam satisfies people at 670% and epic store tries to justify its existence with madeup problems while offering nothing.
On the other side of iron curtain our own sergey galyonkin said "devs are not interested in what gamers write" which is true, but that was answer on user reviews and forum functionality. Right now people search steam for guides and technical problems. The rest is incomprehensible gibberish about built in influencer traffic revenue system.
"We give more to devs than steam" motto was tested and failed when they made exclusivity deals and discount without informing devs.
For people who argue "its just a launcher" its not, its drm, which means everything you bought there may vanish one day. At least steam seem like its there to stay while epic were flushing everything down the toilet for good decade. And hey, keeping several separate libraries with different paswords is some discomforting clutter, its not some lazy entitlement thing.
Its also in bed with Tencent, which is under chinese government heel and there is some concern over how they handle data. Sergey Galyonkin seems like a treacherous dog.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #27673 on: June 11, 2019, 09:02:12 AM »

The thing is, steam does not actually force drm on games. This is something people get wrong ridiculously often. Steamworks drm is optional for devs and in fact, a large part of your steam library is probaly drm free, unbeknownst to you (as in you can open the game folder, double click the game exe and run the game without the steam launcher running.)

Valve doesnt advertise drm free games in any special way, probably to curb piracy, so thats why it's relatively little known.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27674 on: June 11, 2019, 09:15:37 AM »

I've argued in favor of epic on this in the past, but I've come around. I still think using tencent as an argument in this is dumb and vaguely xenophonic, but every other argument here is sound, and the mismanagement of sales had disenchanted me from the promise of a better deal for devs.

Not very epic indeed.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27675 on: June 11, 2019, 10:25:17 AM »

I've argued in favor of epic on this in the past, but I've come around. I still think using tencent as an argument in this is dumb and vaguely xenophonic

I do phobe China.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27676 on: June 11, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »

I've argued in favor of epic on this in the past, but I've come around. I still think using tencent as an argument in this is dumb and vaguely xenophonic

I do phobe China.
incredible sentence
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27677 on: June 11, 2019, 05:28:20 PM »

I have a hypothetical moral dilemma.

If gluten disorders enter the mainstream medicine and there's no way to directly cure the disease, it's unlikely everyone will recover and food industries won't bend the knee. The survivor guilt is unavoidable so I'm just dealing with it now.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27678 on: June 12, 2019, 04:30:31 AM »

Re epic store

It's the stealing of game announced for steam (with page and pre order up) and backed from kickstarter that start the fire.

There is a propaganda that is used to diminish the movement and try to low key lump it with "bad thing with gamer number65840 using sampled quotes.

But it's really started as "WTF I already paid that game on/for steam!" + security concern due to shoddy parctice from epic (like massive leaks of users info)

Of course over time IT did compound with bad thing, but this time it's a muuddy mess of all side adding crap.
- some old school press people using that as a way to curb youtuber influence, linking the movement to alt right/gamergate fallout.
- some Dev using that to justify breaking promise
- of course the seedy element of gamer are going out to use that as blunt tool to justify their agenda.

It's a fucking bloody mess right now of shouting context. I'm just ignoring it.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27679 on: June 12, 2019, 05:37:55 AM »

Seems bad in ways that are too entrenched in stuff I don't understand for me to understand
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic