Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:55:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2326482 times)
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27720 on: August 08, 2019, 12:23:25 PM »

I've graduated from being a ghost to emotionally immature.  I think this is going to impact people offline more than anything. And I'm unbecoming a poltergeist or I will continue to rant later when the cycle comes back around.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27721 on: August 11, 2019, 04:26:27 AM »

So I guess I'm mildly autistic, but I don't have a problem with exchanging eye contact, I have a problem with multiple people staring at me from the sides or in rows and I automatically look for exits and make a break to somewhere secluded.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27722 on: August 11, 2019, 07:46:04 AM »

that's not autistic, that's human

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27723 on: August 11, 2019, 11:40:24 AM »

Oh. Well. I don't believe I ever felt lonely before. When I was in my worst condition, I even avoided anyone who might have been, I can sense that now.

With good reason too! I made people feel worse.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 12:12:55 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27724 on: August 20, 2019, 07:23:33 AM »

Semiotics...

A lot of research and art design goes into modern warning symbols like radiation, poison, and toxins. Misuse, or lack of understanding, inevitably leads to a misinformed group dying.

Modern media creates symbols at will, and informs people who know nothing at all.  It takes a long time for meaning to organically form, and that involves a lot of people dying over and over because of misinformation, or lack of information.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27725 on: August 21, 2019, 04:18:38 AM »

is there someone who doesnt mind getting permabanned on steam?
i have idea of uploading game called "Save Spiderman" and its Nes rom or one of those Activision games where they fired entire team and pulled it from shelves.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27726 on: August 21, 2019, 04:22:16 AM »

i don't mind getting permabanned from any on line service as long as i can return a decade later a changed, better man, having made a video game as penance
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27727 on: August 21, 2019, 04:24:55 AM »

I commend your desire to stick it to the man, but it might be smarter to avoid permanent consequences if possible.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27728 on: August 21, 2019, 04:31:51 AM »

to be clear, i remain politically neutral on spider man but strongly condemn anyone who gives a damn which gazillion dollar monolith that perpetuates the absolutely dogshit post-2000s monoculture we're drowning in gets to put their logo at the start of a 5 hour long superhero film that will not be remembered or have any lasting impact at all despite grossing tons of money
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27729 on: August 21, 2019, 04:41:12 AM »

to be clear, i remain politically neutral on spider man but strongly condemn anyone who gives a damn which gazillion dollar monolith that perpetuates the absolutely dogshit post-2000s monoculture we're drowning in gets to put their logo at the start of a 5 hour long superhero film that will not be remembered or have any lasting impact at all despite grossing tons of money
i dont care either i just want to seed discord between two california based entities and sabotage steam direct system. Alternative plan is to upload disney movies.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27730 on: August 21, 2019, 04:44:08 AM »

i dont care either i just want to seed discord between two california based entities and sabotage steam direct system. Alternative plan is to upload disney movies.
kick ass
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27731 on: August 28, 2019, 06:45:48 AM »

I think I understand why the media can mess with our meaty brains now, in ways that we aren't evolved to cope with.  The last step in development is a sense that we know who we are. 

At some point in the normal human life an asshole dictates what we are, makes a show of overwhelming support for their claim, and knocks us flat on our ass.

Media tells us, there are many new stereotypes, and if even one anonymous person is willing to support it, then you get knocked flat on your ass one more time (at random, on an individual basis).
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27732 on: August 29, 2019, 05:36:07 AM »

i feel like a lot of on line discussion around this ion game is really missing the wood for the trees, their ultimate message is "washing your hands is gay". distilled essence of Gamer
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27733 on: August 29, 2019, 05:40:12 AM »

AFter careful consideration we've come to the conclusion that we will give thousands of dollars to stop marginalised people from killing themselves but we have to stay true to the artistic desire to create a special Razer branded smallpox that only gamers can get
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27734 on: August 29, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »

joe have you heard the news that everyone who posted on tigsource before 2011 was part of some epsteinian sex ring
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27735 on: August 29, 2019, 10:40:37 AM »

joe have you heard the news that everyone who posted on tigsource before 2011 was part of some epsteinian sex ring
no, that sounds distressing
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27736 on: September 04, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »

I always had an interest in developing on older hardware. I'm not sure what attracts me though, just sounds cool I guess. But developing for, say, mega drive or nes, sounds like a bad idea because these are deprecated hardware. These machines are not manufactured anymore, and the ones still functioning won't be indefinitely. OK, what about Pico-8 and its siblings? they are nice if you are interested in the limitation aspect of it, either as a technical or design challenge. And if you really want a thing with an existing hardware then there is Uzebox, which is a system running on the atmega, a very popular microcontroller very much still in production, so anyone can build one right now and will probably be able to build one in the forseeable future. Uzebox will give you the challenge of developing on older hardware minus the depressing aspect of old hardware ceasing to exist eventually. But Uzebox is VERY limited. It's a technical challenge above all else, and any slightly more ambitious game design won't fit the limitations of the hardware.

This is where my internal debate usually ends but today I had an interesting additional thought. Older systems are so popular that emulators are everywhere! So in a way, developing for the mega drive is actually the easiest way of reaching the most platforms. Sure, Unity can deploy for windows, linux etc, but what half decent calculator doesn't run a mega drive emulator?? And unlike Unity, this requires ZERO adaptation for each platform. As long as the emulator runs, your game will work exactly the same everywhere. Imagine your game running on a windows, mac, ios, linux, android, every console out there and including portables, all with zero extra effort.

This is a great argument and I am proud of myself. I just talked myself into making a game in an old system. I mean, how can you NOT make games for old hardware now? might as well just bin your current unity and unreal projects!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:59:21 PM by diegzumillo » Logged

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27737 on: September 05, 2019, 01:29:39 AM »

the nes port of streemerz gave it a second wind and a small speedrunning community because it was free from the frustrations of flash and things like input lag became standardised. development on old systems is interesting outside of the technical challenges because the proliferation of flash carts for real hardware means that there's this overlap with super hardcore retro enthusiast audiences. if you're interested in mega drive development check out sgdk (https://github.com/Stephane-D/SGDK) and the sega-16 dev forum http://www.sega-16.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?28-Blast-Processing
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27738 on: September 05, 2019, 01:36:47 AM »

the darius port included with the mega drive mini was made by a middle aged japanese ob/gyn using sgdk. the future aint all bad folks
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27739 on: September 05, 2019, 05:17:28 AM »

Just wrote my first hello, world on the mega drive! What a magical moment.

Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic