Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:22:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2311296 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27740 on: September 05, 2019, 06:39:50 AM »

Just wrote my first hello, world on the mega drive! What a magical moment.
that's badass. i hope some day you also become a japanese ob/gyn who makes a mega drive game using skills he developed as a middle aged hobby.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27741 on: September 05, 2019, 06:41:58 AM »

if you're looking for a project that is likely familiar to you on a broad level, there's a port of cave story for the megadrive which i'm pretty sure uses sgdk that's on github that you can poke around in. https://github.com/andwn/cave-story-md
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27742 on: September 05, 2019, 07:41:34 AM »

I'm not an ob/gyn but this is definitely my middle age hobby (is 37 middle age yet?)

That's really cool. I think I'll work on something really simple, simpler than porting something, just to learn the basics. And once I'm done with Apple I will get to work on a mega drive game. I'm thinking designing a game straight in MD is pretty hard though, the limitations make it hard to prototype things. So I'll probably get a prototype working on gamemaker or unity and once I have something decent the MD coding can start.

BTW, SGDK is a huge facilitator here. Because assembler is where I draw the line. If I had to code by moving bits from memory address to memory address I wouldn't even start this.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27743 on: September 06, 2019, 07:16:37 AM »

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27744 on: September 06, 2019, 08:20:26 AM »

If you want a good brain game like sudoku, then you can try figuring out what kind of headspace you have to be in to unironically come up with a diagram like that.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27745 on: September 18, 2019, 02:04:17 PM »

Diegzumillo
Checks the hardware hax that put arm chips in old cart to get modern sfx chip ( like doom on nes)

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27746 on: September 18, 2019, 11:54:32 PM »

Diegzumillo
Checks the hardware hax that put arm chips in old cart to get modern sfx chip ( like doom on nes)
damn the wolfenstein on gbc one is really cool
diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27747 on: September 19, 2019, 07:15:36 PM »

That's really cool!

Today I started working on apple again. But I have a wedding to go, so for the next 3 days I could work on that mega drive project I recently killed lol The apple project is too hard on my laptop and I can't do pixel art on a touch pad.

So instead of dead, it's just... a travel project. A laptop project. Whatever sounds better. (advertisement narration voice) A project on the go, for the traveling man who needs a project to keep the mind busy and the existential dread at bay. Cuts to guy in a bus working on a pico-8 game "oh boy, I sure am not thinking about the nature of existence! no, sir. Gotta save those tokens to get my rasterizer working!"

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27748 on: October 20, 2019, 06:13:10 AM »

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27749 on: November 27, 2019, 08:30:20 AM »

I can't believe this thread is dead

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27750 on: November 27, 2019, 01:51:24 PM »

F

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27751 on: November 27, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »

F

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27752 on: November 28, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »

I learn a new word
Coloboma, don't google it you can freake out

also I leaned I have starbust vision

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27753 on: November 30, 2019, 01:37:17 PM »

Suppose I start going around critiquing things again. Would that be a good idea?
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27754 on: December 02, 2019, 07:04:32 AM »

I said something like I'd apologize for my shortcomings eventually. I learned I'm not autistic, ok that's the thing I got wrong. Social behavior has to be programmed into me, otherwise I take exceptionally long and I've seen people get tired of waiting.  I can produce dopamine as long as I have a sufficient amount of adrenaline active, but I'm more likely to look intense rather than thoughtful. What does it mean? I'm an introvert. Is there any doubt that school is a farce? I trained myself to ignore social influence, so I could think in public, people can't stand that because I'm such an amazing person, when I ignore them.

Sorry while I had some excessive endorphins I started to actually believe there was something else interfering with my perceptions.
diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27755 on: December 02, 2019, 08:19:24 AM »

Suppose I start going around critiquing things again. Would that be a good idea?

Some people make a living out of it. I would say "be nice and constructive" but some people also make a living doing the opposite so what do I know?

I said something like I'd apologize for my shortcomings eventually. I learned I'm not autistic, ok that's the thing I got wrong. Social behavior has to be programmed into me, otherwise I take exceptionally long and I've seen people get tired of waiting.  I can produce dopamine as long as I have a sufficient amount of adrenaline active, but I'm more likely to look intense rather than thoughtful. What does it mean? I'm an introvert. Is there any doubt that school is a farce? I trained myself to ignore social influence, so I could think in public, people can't stand that because I'm such an amazing person, when I ignore them.

Sorry while I had some excessive endorphins I started to actually believe there was something else interfering with my perceptions.

Your words usually fly right over my head and I feel like you're trying to reach someone and I feel bad for not being able to listen. However the text in bold sounds extremely familiar to me. Are you sure you are not in the spectrum? I am and these words basically described my social life. Feels like everyone was born with specialized hardware to handle social responses automatically while I had to code my own algorithms, slow and painfully, and it has to run on my CPU, which makes social gatherings particularly exhausting, since the CPU is doing a lot more work than it should. Nothing is automatic. When I was a pre-teen I went for years without saying a word in school. But I kept on learning, improving the algorithm, and now I can fool grown ups for up to 30 minutes of interaction.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27756 on: December 02, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »

@diegzumillo

I definitely appear autistic. But dare I say it's probably just an unhealthy obsession with confidence and fast talking, 'happy', extroverted personalities.

But I must concede, that is the personality suitable for drama, in the sense of getting other people excited.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27757 on: December 02, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »

Your words usually fly right over my head and I feel like you're trying to reach someone and I feel bad for not being able to listen. However the text in bold sounds extremely familiar to me. Are you sure you are not in the spectrum? I am and these words basically described my social life. Feels like everyone was born with specialized hardware to handle social responses automatically while I had to code my own algorithms, slow and painfully, and it has to run on my CPU, which makes social gatherings particularly exhausting, since the CPU is doing a lot more work than it should. Nothing is automatic. When I was a pre-teen I went for years without saying a word in school. But I kept on learning, improving the algorithm, and now I can fool grown ups for up to 30 minutes of interaction.

How old are you? because the bolded ultimately transformed into social anxiety and feeling of emptyness as soon as the motivation depleted.

diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27758 on: December 03, 2019, 06:14:07 AM »

37. Social anxiety is definitely there. Not sure about the rest though.
It's worth noting that when I'm familiar and comfortable enough with someone I can be my weird self without anxiety and judgement. Even though those people are basically only direct family and my wife, it's enough to not feel lonely in the world.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27759 on: December 12, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »

Even a rabbit that is raised in the pound can bark and pounce.
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic