Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:00:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325657 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27760 on: December 12, 2019, 12:26:43 PM »

http://familiarcycle.net/aidungeon-on-windows.html

Ai dungeon is a game that allow you to have an AI dungeon master and do whatever you want in any scenario, even beating a dragon in flexing muscle contest

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27761 on: December 25, 2019, 05:53:56 PM »

a christmas gift for all of my favored friends at The Indie Games resource, a single (1x) post from myself, The Armorman

may you continue to create and succeed at making many independent videos game this year

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27762 on: January 26, 2020, 12:01:26 PM »

CRAZY VIDEO GAMES SPECULATION TIME
The ps5 will launch with a switch like VR, ie something that convert to a portable that can slide in VR shell, and can be augmented by the main console power.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27763 on: January 27, 2020, 03:27:50 PM »

Ocarina Cover Compilation #1 | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_sn7012OJI?
Ocarina Cover Compilation #2 | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27764 on: January 29, 2020, 07:14:15 PM »

hi, i'm back here after a long hiatus

didn't make a game or anything important. just quit facebook and want something to deal with the withdrawal
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27765 on: February 01, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »

Social media is a job to me so I am in the "Its not an addiction its a curse" camp. Also facebook could be a million times better designed.

Nemesis
« Reply #27766 on: February 01, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »

didn't make a game or anything important. just quit facebook and want something to deal with the withdrawal

Congrats. I quit Facebook several years ago, and it's one of the best things I've ever done. Too many idiots from my hometown posting conspiracy theories and political trash. I hope you get just as much benefit as I did.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:11:15 AM by Nemesis » Logged
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27767 on: February 03, 2020, 02:40:19 AM »

Congrats. I quit Facebook several years ago, and it's one of the best things I've ever done. Too many idiots from hometown posting conspiracy theories and political trash. I hope you get just as much benefit as I did.

Yeah, that's the issue. There's lots of work (tech) related discussions, but those are equally depressing.

Social media is a job to me so I am in the "Its not an addiction its a curse" camp. Also facebook could be a million times better designed.

It's both to me, which is why it took so long. But seems like the right time that Facebook has too little benefit, too much harm, and many other platforms that do it better.
Nemesis
« Reply #27768 on: February 03, 2020, 10:11:51 AM »

Quote from: Muz
It's both to me, which is why it took so long. But seems like the right time that Facebook has too little benefit, too much harm, and many other platforms that do it better.

Like what?
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27769 on: February 04, 2020, 11:03:01 AM »

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27770 on: February 07, 2020, 06:53:43 AM »

during school extroverts are segregated from introverts and the groups are given color themed names

based on certain theories, the extroverts naturally get better at manipulating people, and they simply use what they might learn about manipulation against the other students

genius school design right?

Oh right. The reason for segregation is they don't stop talking during class or something, the teachers like to hear themselves talk after all.

This is something I couldn't detect the ramifications of. But it pretty much comes to a head with superstitious nonsense in society like if you pick up litter you will get STI just for furthering the base needs of society, and probably those people who quit school and succeeded in spite of it, because they can talk all they want outside. And, of course, kids dropping out of school in general will be from education failures like this. Some teachers try to argue they went to classes to learn to teach, and it just means what they're taught was wrong.

It's still weird. So the teachers got reported, but the system that they invented didn't change. I already stated the end result though, tribalism, noncommunication, subversion, favoritism.

I guess I spent excessive time trying to figure out how the teachers in my elementary school based their guidelines on the Hamurabi code, and now I've nearly unfurled the tangle of insultingly bad satire.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:59:34 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27771 on: February 08, 2020, 09:14:51 AM »

I don't know if I'm worried about the actual kids or the hypothetical plot I never saw the end of, because I dropped out when they started pushing eugenics in science class.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27772 on: February 09, 2020, 02:00:33 PM »

If I use Bartle's Taxonomy of player types as a schema, the way people behave freely resembles their own player type. If we acknowledge self directed actions then we can add an intersecting quadrant (or a 3rd dimension), and that would be where I'm at, and probably closer to interacting with world.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27773 on: February 14, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27774 on: February 20, 2020, 08:59:02 PM »

So here's a logic bomb. Should we prevent cancer before it occurs with gene therapy?

(the current research is about fiddling with the immune system, so it's in the clear)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27775 on: February 21, 2020, 05:16:08 AM »

You immune system already does prevent most cancer cells from spreading before you get sick from it. Cancer cells form in your body pretty frequently, and your killer T cells (a kind of specialized white blood cell) almost always deal with them when they show up. You only get proper cancer when cancer cells spread too fast, or when your immune system is weakened enough to be unable to defend itself against cancer.

Cancer isn't like most venereal diseases. It's not caused by a singular microbe, bacteria or virus. It's just your own body messing up while it divides cells to grow. Preventing cancer is not down to a single factor that we can eliminate, it's actually a group of diseases that depend on what kind of cell happened to divide wrong. If a cancer develops from muscle cells into a tumor that can be surgically removed fairly easily (assuming it doesn't spread), then it's not that big of a deal, but if you get cancer in the marrow of your bones, that's significantly harder to do anything about.

So, really, fighting cancer with gene therapy wouldn't actually be about affecting the cancer directly, it would most likely manifest itself as a reinforcement of the immune system. A bit like an antivirus update on your computer. But the thing is, it couldn't be a one-size-fits-all solution, because again, cancer is a class of illness, not an illness in and of itself.

So anyway. As long as the gene therapy doesn't inadvertently cause more cancer cells to appear, it should be feasible to give your immune system better strategies against cancer cells. However, yet another thing that might go wrong is that your immune system may start attacking things that aren't actually cancer if we mess anything up, and then we end up with people who have man-induced autoimmune diseases.

tl;dr: Preventing cancer with gene therapy is a noble goal, but it's like saying "let's invent a single tool that can be used for everything when building a house". Various forms of cancer are too different to be dealt with in a uniform way, so it's little more than science fiction to say "gene therapy will help us eradicate cancer!"

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27776 on: February 21, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »

@ProgramGamer My understanding was that sometimes cancer is capable of tricking the immune system into thinking the cells are actually healthy tissue and thus the body actually protects and grows the tumor? I don't know too much about medicine though but I have heard that it is a multi-faceted issue with different cures for different cases making it a real issue to solve.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27777 on: March 07, 2020, 05:46:33 AM »

Could someone talk about the coronavirus? Wish China well. I think I can shift my brain to work finally since the garbage is cleaned out of my head.

Also if you want to start up memes, I will have a sense of humor again soon.

I think I want to make a different avatar this one doesn't convey my state of mind anymore.

Someone pm me an avatar if you want.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:05:12 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27778 on: March 07, 2020, 06:14:24 AM »

I think I'd like to hear people in the forum talking again, I didn't know what was wrong with me. It's like my stomach stopped oxygen from reaching my head.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27779 on: March 07, 2020, 06:40:40 AM »

I feel bad like I mistreated people just because I was sick.
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic