Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:24:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327122 times)
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27800 on: August 31, 2021, 11:05:50 AM »

I remember Einstein was quoted for "spooky action at a distance" referring to quantum entanglement.

This is more like it.

Humans that make it to deep space would all be well informed, and it's of no immediate concern. Something like a colony ship might not even be possible for a billion years.

I think it's pretty cool actually. It really grounds the ideas for a really technical type of game I have been thinking about making since I was a kid. The story of said game, is non-existent. The idea has been in my head for over 30 years.

I wish my creativity came from that ambition and none of the other crap I've talked about. It's a very abstract concept, to have an idea that has no real purpose running in the back of your head as long as you have the energy to think about it. As a kid it's pretty entertaining, but you're obviously stuck in your own world because of it, and it's a pretty strange thing to try and bring it up.

I wasn't able to think about this all year. There's a high-level concept associated. Something like, the organic evolution of the planet would never, ever, end up making the things in my head, but they could still work. Things work even when they are destined to fail, and that makes it fun to imagine somehow. Yes, a party balloon is really cool, and it is destined to deflate.

We live in a metaphorical party balloon, within a larger balloon more like a zeppelin, and an ever larger water balloon.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 12:56:39 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27801 on: August 31, 2021, 06:04:35 PM »

ok who the FUCK put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp

still no fucking answer to this

Although I think I know the right way to respond to this my thoughts veer sharply in a direction that prevents me from deliberately reciprocating a simple meme. I guess that's been pretty obvious by now.

I hope you understand it's not because I dislike you.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27802 on: August 31, 2021, 07:53:21 PM »

I said I didn't know much about economics. That's still true.

There are things people absolutely need. There are controls in place preventing them from just going out and taking what they want, which is both good (property protection) and bad (land barons).

Capitalism has a value by man hours and growth. The government rationalized that growth is good, so even if it breaks a few obvious unspoken rules, growth is growth until there's a law.

Capitalism might be the only thing that allows growing economies. A model of control will cut off an economy, it will slow things down.

A person who's highly motivated by money might have the same response to a bribe that I do to a pretty girl. They'd look away awkwardly and pretend there's nothing there right? But they really want that money shoved in their face.

Capitalism's crimes are precedents for what we absolutely can't repeat. There's a book The Green Mile. Well, when I heard about the bunnies dying, all I could think was "they killed them with [they] love". Apparently it wasn't just physical affection, but mosquitos could spread it too.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27803 on: September 01, 2021, 01:41:02 AM »

This illustrates the good and bad about how powerful a capitalist system is for recruiting workers.

Bird is symbol of freedom but the channel's progress implies they never stopped working all year, the bird box has videos on record for a span of about 6 months.

It's unclear if the bottle caps are difficult to find, or if the experiment has a stockpile of them in view.

A system without banking and property is fully operational with just a little conditioning.

Humans do similar tasks, payment for sorting and moving boxes at approximately their level of tolerance. When their core strength is employed, there is significant risk involved without training. Humans of any age enjoy collecting bottle caps as a source of currency for their amusement, with no material gain, in games like Fallout, because they use their hands excessive amounts.

Humans can be trained in hands-work. As long as a human's needs are met, there's a strong desire to learn, and to use tools, and exploit the systems that govern their actions. It will have a low risk for injury. On the contrary humans exhibit obsessive compulsory self-motivation to keep working beyond physical tolerance, and need to be offered some sort of payment or a social more to stop.

There's something called piece work, where the workers use their hands for ie sorting and shelling, it pays based on the skill of their hand eye coordination. It is possibly an industry that would argue it deserves to remain, regardless of how repetitive the tasks are. Human hands are very good when trained properly. I think a repetitive task would be absolutely torture though.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:47:08 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27804 on: September 01, 2021, 12:11:34 PM »

Some additions.

"There are things people absolutely need. There are controls in place preventing them from just going out and taking what they want, which is both good (property protection) and bad (land barons)."

This begs the question. What do people do to get something they want if they can't just take it? And the answer capitalism provides is, a thing needs a price, otherwise you need to do something outside the scope of capitalism.

"I think a repetitive task would be absolutely torture though."

This seems to contradict the fact I'd voluntarily do certain repetitive tasks. Here's the difference. I'd do things, to improve a specific faculty, to strengthen a muscle, to increase my performance in general. I technically can't do it the same way twice, until I'm nearly perfect. I'll do things more than once if it's not too dangerous, and the result is difficult to understand. The notion I might have done a thing differently, until I can get the expected result remains. Things you can't actually improve at by repeating don't count, like eating, that produces a chemical reaction.

I couldn't find a good example of the piece work I was thinking about. But the gist is if you are paid by the hour, that's an incentive to relax, and wait for a pay raise. If you're paid by the item you finish, that's an incentive to go hyper speed so you get paid at your unique skill output. If there were a job for picking up bottle caps, a bird would beat a human any day, if human is limited to his hands.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27805 on: September 01, 2021, 06:40:41 PM »

You know when the scariest thing imaginable isn't a self-contained ecosystem floating out beyond the inner-universe gravity, and existing for an eternity before the planet Earth was a twinkle of broken rocks, it has to be pretty bad.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27806 on: September 02, 2021, 03:12:49 AM »

What if the bomp bah bomp bah bomp was just a thing everyone felt with another human. We'd have common phermones among phenotypes to identify a breed ready mate and available information of a variety of mechanisms for perturbing arousal, which will be dependent on the individual's unique physical form.

The ram in the rama lama ding dong. Someone probably felt that reading the first paragraph.

The bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop. If the changes to our brain were quickly reversible we could enjoy an entire bop day or two without physical dependency.

The dip in the dip da dip da dip. Pathetic. With some cardio and a decent diet he could have made that a bang in the bang brrr bang brrr bang.

Alternatives for people who can't stay awake might include: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNsqTgaIKQ8&ab_channel=CappaZack?

I'd like to shake his hand. Can't touch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izMPbhJz1Eo&ab_channel=ChooChoo%27sStory?

That subtext. So do, uhh, chipmunks and squirrels get involved?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:40:14 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27807 on: September 04, 2021, 05:32:59 AM »

I might be going out on a limb here but if the default human were upgraded to something like a Timelord, I mean 3 hearts at birth, nobody would have an issue with that.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27808 on: September 07, 2021, 03:19:18 AM »

I'm a game developer, so I'm not making light of the following.

Ai actually means machine learning algorithm in this context.

I see videos saying ai probably will do the same work as a creative. The response it's trying to elicit is, my job, oh no. Can it create an entire video game? Not yet, but maybe soon. There is detailed emulation run by ai, gritty parts of game engines that aren't working require an entire custom programmed system to shore up such loose ends.

I've read on the message boards, people ask why isn't there something that can make the entire game for them with a few inputs? These probably aren't serious game developers, who've spent years growing their skill set, but what if they did become game developers?

The solution most people look for right away is what elicits an oh no response after they've spent years of effort.

So I must ask, how can this technology be improved now?

My interpretation is, for now, if you have a new idea, an ai would have to be trained to emulate that. People are only afraid of one type of ai, the singularity that can invent things, and it will invent things like any of us can breathe, its decisions surpass human intuition so it gets lucky all the time, and it simply has the answer to everything because there's nothing we can think of that it can't simply know already, somehow.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27809 on: September 08, 2021, 12:18:53 PM »

I've been avoiding gluten for a few years now and I think my internal organs have healed. Sensation has returned to my extremities, I can control muscle, and my nervous system is beginning to heal so I can remember, and although my muscle memory died off years ago I think it's building up again.

There's this trick where you stand in a door jam and push out with your shoulders. If you walk away your arms feel like they float up. Mine don't do that, I also lifted weights with zero payoff for a long time too which could be related.

I strongly recommend that you see a doctor for whatever this is if you haven't done so already.

I saw a doctor. Happy? I feel much better now.

Not so fast! Ask around.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:15:34 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27810 on: September 08, 2021, 12:29:27 PM »

edit: I had some time to think about it.
Extra dimensional objects can exist in more locations than one.
Any object constrained to a dimension would dissolve or implode when entering a higher dimension unaided.

The assumption worth making is if we're not constrained and exist in every possible dimension, safe teleportation is a matter of understanding stuff.  In a sense, it's been proven time travel is possible (not cited), we just can't generate enough power [escape a black hole] unless we can go faster than light, or bend the laws as we know it.

Uhh. Uh. Ok. This is a conditional, it is possible going faster than light.

We can't, because we can't go faster than light.

And finally it isn't possible, because whatever we try to send back would inevitably turn into pure energy, and remain at the speed of light. At least until we find some special way to circumvent this issue.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 02:30:43 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27811 on: September 12, 2021, 03:37:59 AM »

Things seem like they're going alright. But I have a problem, I can't actually make the game I wanted to as a kid, alone anyways, and I won't publish anything about it until I finish everything else. I barely think about it now, even though it may very well have been a major influence on my imagination. So, I am almost certain, my creativity stems from keeping the depths of it a secret.

It would be pretty hard to explain in words since there's so many alien races, their personalities and traits weren't written down, the number of sci-fi inventions outweigh anything I've read or heard about in books, or seen on tv. I spurred them on through sheer childhood imagination, I only see tropes from time to time, really vaguely explained. As an adult I can probably write the history of it.

Anyways, my health is immaculate now. I had a great dream last night too.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27812 on: September 14, 2021, 04:43:56 AM »

Ok look at this... it looks fake. There's nothing there to convince me this is a game.  It's tinting the screen, it's showing me a voxelized version, and a granular version of a map.

I gave a small effort to find out if the ai codex is real by signing up, but without something real enough to prove to me, that these algorithms are doing what they claim to be doing, I think it's pretty bullshit.

The realistic fluid simulation stuff that I saw earlier was believable. Some of the recent stuff could have been faked, preprogrammed. This however, is a lazy pile of nothing, which somehow stands out.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27813 on: September 14, 2021, 04:59:05 AM »

When I see this, I can understand the prediction model intuitively, and they show us the data being extrapolated in real time, believable. In the first 6 minutes I see enough to believe it has a chance of working. It's very obvious this is a functioning algorithm.

I suppose if someone spent a few months, they could fake that 'stitch' example. But what a waste of time that'd be.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #27814 on: September 14, 2021, 06:38:53 AM »

Ok, if anyone watched the second video it points out something in the first video. Anyways, here's some unbiased cherry picked warning for the present.

Tesla cars are real. They are not perfect.

https://youtu.be/ckib1ABJ_sM?t=232

I would have probably let the car ram into the cones.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27815 on: September 15, 2021, 08:14:21 PM »

I think I have the bad sleep genes. Although I wasn't convinced for a while.

My body's utter disregard for meltaonin and a reasonable sleep cycle despite being in good shape again seem to confirm it.

I don't believe in strange monsters or video game logic mixing into reality at the present time and I won't fight any medical intervention. But the ARG has been strong for the past 15 days, so it's not like my decisions were always going to be correct.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27816 on: September 15, 2021, 10:28:54 PM »

This is how soon I awoke after the melatonin worked. I still feel tired, but if it progresses like before I'll end up with a ton of energy rather than feeling tired, when the deprivation gets to me.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27817 on: September 19, 2021, 01:55:45 PM »

Wow I posted those last two things in the wrong topic. This video isn't a mistake though.

Technologies of the Future | Sadhguru and Michio kaku (2018) LIVE from Russia
https://youtu.be/4RQ44wQwpCc?t=2571
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27818 on: September 21, 2021, 03:25:41 PM »

I think all their ideas are quite familiar. Youtube is reminding me I'm not really in the loop of who is who, or who knows what.

Sadhguru pins down the notion that without more accurate understanding of consciousness, it could jeopardize our potential if we go straight into becoming cyborgs and altering all of humanity's DNA. In another video he explains if we can stop worry about survival, we'll stop identifying with things that get in our way, and it leaves us to expand our consciousness beyond, I don't explain it as well as him.

From what I've learned, we have the potential to make survival simple. Instead as a society we've introduced design errors through consumerism, we've introduced problems just to paywall people's basic needs, there are problems that affect mental health, individual states corroborate with architecturally unpleasant design to hide these errors rather than considering, "that's my cousin in a few months, my brother in ten years, and eventually everybody gets old, so that's me by the end of my life".

I still think individual people can merge with technology, like Michio Kaku suggests. If they identify with it so strongly they see no difference, a consciousness enhanced with technology is a little faster than reading off a screen.

Personally I think sending information to a device instantly is great, and receiving information instantly into your memory is dubious. If you don't have a firewall, you're asking for random stuff to come make changes. If we had perfect information, I'd change my mind. Like, there's no way math can be interpreted falsely, but then we might as well just install a calculator into our brain, and never be conscious of how the math is done, unless we're a researcher.

There are things I'd want for comfort if I were to live off planet, and I don't think it'd come naturally. There are potentially drastic changes to the human body, that would make Space as hospitable as Earth. People would like three hearts, it's romantic, but what if we simply burned calories, what if we were like power plants, what if we could all turn inwards for entertainment without losing sanity, the human body could work almost exactly like a robot and store a chemical battery it's born with, and it'd be the primary source of power not just a little kick to its metabolism. This definitely would interfere with our current identity, but if they looked the same, if they breathed all the same on Earth, people would only be annoyed at the fact they turn inwards like I did during school. I'm not kidding.

I even wrote down that I shouldn't write about this in depth, mostly because of the uncanny valley. If we don't want to rely on robots, we need some way to reduce the danger for organic humans to almost zero, on Earth, at the poles of the planet Earth, in space, on other planets, on the moon, wherever humans aren't thrill seeking they need novelty and bare minimum some comfort.

We could also make perfect survivalists, train people so they're incapable of mistakes, but how is that better than having well designed machines? So, one idea I had was, if a lot of people were trained not to make mistakes with robots, they could simply order the robots around, or fix them, and they'd never have to personally be in danger, but there'd be no mistake, they're basically in charge wherever they go.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:35:44 PM by Joseph TP Corcelli » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #27819 on: September 22, 2021, 12:26:20 AM »

This is clever I ended up thinking of a response, in terms of why I had to modify my game project midway, when I failed to fall back asleep today.

I ended up thinking about things I wasn't trying to.

So the basic concepts are intelligence is like a scalpel, things we don't perceive are in the dark.

This works with the surgeon analogy, without game development I'm basically a surgeon.

My own intelligence is like a sword, I've learned to wield it like a pen, but it has the same limits as any other blade. I can easily expose problems, I can understand. Solutions that aren't destructive require skill.

To me video games are like a flickering flame. They've only ever been strong enough to illuminate what is right in front of us. The flickering plays with our imagination, and we're left with our own intelligence to understand what we saw.

I thought that maybe something like a flashlight would help. A flashlight can easily be misdirected to cast shadows in the dark.

So I decide I can make another candle. It's a little brighter than the ones I played with as a kid. It only needs to be strong enough for the player to see he also holds a tool representing intelligence, whether it's a scalpel, a sword, a mirror or some medallion, a glass of water. I don't care. It would take significant effort to misdirect a flickering light if we rely on our intelligence alone.

This is how I might have concluded I needed to dumb down my project a bit, so it's safe for a general audience. My initial explanation was a bit cruder.
Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic