Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:15:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325566 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #9780 on: January 27, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »

i'll finger your butthole
I always wondered who satiates Maw's constant hunger.
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: January 27, 2012, 11:55:35 PM »

Repeating the same joke? Wasn't it only included only in Megaman Universe? And the game got cancelled so I don't know.
Also the "cover art" for Megaman 9/10. But of course those games were pretty much nostalgia circle jerks anyway so I guess it's fine.
at least they're actually good games. inti creates my dawg.

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9782 on: January 28, 2012, 05:55:45 AM »

i'll finger your butthole

D:

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: January 28, 2012, 07:01:58 AM »

Repeating the same joke? Wasn't it only included only in Megaman Universe? And the game got cancelled so I don't know.
Also the "cover art" for Megaman 9/10. But of course those games were pretty much nostalgia circle jerks anyway so I guess it's fine.
at least they're actually good games. inti creates my dawg.
theyre ok i guess. i've only played 9.
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: January 28, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »

MM9/10 are probs the best games that have come out of the recent retro trend. It would have been far better if they had given us a proper HD game, though, and maybe added some more moves for Mega Man that the level design takes advantage of (instead of removing his slide/charge shot and making it Proto Man DLC.) As it stands both look good for NES restrictions but MM6 is still leagues ahead visually.

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
leonelc29
« Reply #9785 on: January 28, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »

As it stands both look good for NES restrictions but MM6 is still leagues ahead visually.
too good to be true.
Kramlack
« Reply #9786 on: January 28, 2012, 09:10:36 AM »

I still can't believe they kept in the sprite flickering effect in MM9, and was sad to see it gone in 10. As it stands though, despite the issues Caruso mentioned (lack of sliding and charging) Mega Man 9 is probably my favourite 8-bit iteration (hold onto your butts), even over 2.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: January 28, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »

idk ive just never been a big fan of the main series megaman games. i know a lot of people love them but they just leave me cold for whatever reason.  Shrug
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »

Capcom should do a Mega Man game using that same fat one with the gun.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9789 on: January 28, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »

idk ive just never been a big fan of the main series megaman games. i know a lot of people love them but they just leave me cold for whatever reason.  Shrug
Me too. I like X a lot better, and Zero is my favorite Mega Man series.
In terms of character and scenery visual design, however, Mega Man Legends is still my favorite.  Cool

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: January 28, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »

Me too. I like X a lot better, and Zero is my favorite Mega Man series.
In terms of character and scenery visual design, however, Mega Man Legends is still my favorite.  Cool
yup, zero is my fave too. Bro Fist Right
Bandages
« Reply #9791 on: January 28, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »

Zero is the best because it has challenge up the arse, great bosses and just because Zero is such a cool hero

I mean he doesn't even think he's a hero he just does what he thinks is right and that's that

Also the villains weren't so BLAPCK and white what with copy X and copy copy X and the green blue and orange guys OH and the ninja who comes back in CYBERSPACE as an optional boss.

And the twist at the end of the series is mad-cray
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: January 28, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »

I liked at the end of MM10 when you fought bosses from the old games, and they had 8-bit versions of Slash Man and Frost Man.

I also really enjoyed Bionic Commando Rearmed. I liked how they retooled all the levels and bosses to incorporate your arm more, and the scaling of the difficulty up to Very Hard was excellent. Once you hit Hard you absolutely had to use every move in your arsenal, including bullet deflection and human shields.

I felt like Capcom really embraced the download game model brilliantly, and I'm disappointed that Nintendo does not seem to have followed suit.

Megaman Zero was crazy hard. I took me like 20 tries to beat the first level. The boss was just insane. After that it got better.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: January 28, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »

yeah bc rearmed is cool.
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: January 28, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »

I've only played the first Zero game but it's definitely the best MM game I've played so far (except for maybe X4.) Crazy awesome bosses, levels, and character moveset. Only wish the screen resolution was bigger.

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: January 28, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »

yeah the gba kinda holds it back. the screen can get pretty cramped.

btw: be sure to get the ds compilation thing if youre planning on playing mm zero. not only does it contain 4 amazing gams for the price of one it also improves the controls.
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: January 28, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »

I played it with VBA fullscreen TV Mode using a Logitech PC controller. Probably actually way better than using a portable, especially since I play games mostly at home these days anyway. I'd probably play future games in the series that way too. Does the DS compilation have any resolution/sound improvements, though?

Megaman Zero was crazy hard. I took me like 20 tries to beat the first level. The boss was just insane.

Please don't tell me you're talking about the intro part where you save Ciel...? =P

It's hard but I wouldn't say crazy hard. Most of the difficulty seemed to be concentrated on the bosses, with the actual levels being pretty okay to get by, especially after you played them once or twice. Except for that damn bomb-disabling factory mission. (The game makes it way too fun and cool to dash everywhere everytime like an idiot, lol.)

EDIT:

As it stands though, despite the issues Caruso mentioned (lack of sliding and charging) Mega Man 9 is probably my favourite 8-bit iteration (hold onto your butts), even over 2.

I actually find most of MM9's soundtrack kind of obnoxious these days,

/

/Splash Woman aside. MM10 however has many of my favorite songs in the entire classic series: Solar Man, Sheep Man, Pump Man, Commando Man, Wily 1, Wily 2, Wily 3. Especially Wily 1. Probably second best full OST to MM6, even if some of the other 8-bit games have individual songs I like even more than many of these.

As for the actual classic games, my ranking goes roughly something like 5 > 6 > 4 > 10 > 9 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 7 > 8. 5 is probably the most consistently good game, even if its high points aren't as high as the others. Every other game seems to have a lot of good stuff and then some huge "but"s. 6 has some great stage designs with lots of nice branching side areas and secrets coupled with some of the best audiovisuals on the NES, but then there are the cakewalk levels which you'll beat on your first few tries (e.g. Tomahawk Man, Blizzard Man.) 4 has mostly pretty good stages as well, but then the bosses kind of suck, and it wasn't balanced as well as later games around the charge shot. 9 and 10 are both very well done, but I can't really put them above 4/5/6 given the regression in the moveset (with the levels not really being that much more tight or focused to make up for that.) 2 has some cool level designs but when I last played it it seemed a bit broken by the tons of infinite enemy spawn areas (so you get 1 or 2 additional large health powerups per level every time you play.) 1 isn't bad, but its levels aren't nearly as good as what was done later in the series, and its difficulty is pretty overexaggerated. Can't remember much about 3, other than that its OST is mostly pretty awful (exceptions being Spark Man, Wily 3, and the final boss theme.) I don't think I even really need to talk about 7 or 8.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:24:47 PM by DavidCaruso » Logged

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: January 28, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »

I meant the first non-intro boss, Aztec Eagle or whatever his name was. The stage was easy, the boss was really tough until the hang of Zero's dashiness.

I beat all four games, but the last game on Hard Mode was extreme bullshit, as I opined in another thread recently. I did not beat that one, and I really wanted to find out what the last unlockable mini-game was.
wademcgillis
« Reply #9798 on: January 28, 2012, 09:46:44 PM »

After 6 days of android development, this is what I've gotten done to my astronaut game. (I ported what I've made so far and added a more content. Like a sherbert world.)

http://www.wademcgillis.com/downloads/astronaut_2012.01.28.apk

If anyone plays it, please tell me how it runs.
I'm not sure how well it works on devices built for landscape, like the Xoom. You've been warned. : )
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9799 on: January 29, 2012, 01:28:00 AM »

it seems to run fine on my Nexus S.

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic