Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:48:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSensorium - first-person puzzle/adventure game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Sensorium - first-person puzzle/adventure game  (Read 10544 times)
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2020, 03:58:17 AM »

Congratulations on having a release date! I hope that release goes smoothly, and that the game is well-received! ^_^

In addition to the things I mentioned in my last post, I made the game less CPU intensive by sleeping the tick function in a bunch of objects I had lazily overlooked when the player wasn't interacting with it (which was satisfying; the game went from ~70 fps to a rock solid  120 fps in editor).

Very nice! That's quite an optimisation, and I'm glad to read that it indeed worked out so well! ^_^

I also decided last-minute to add some accessibility options. There's now a color-blind mode, which enables symbolic representation of colors in certain puzzles, as well as a tone-deaf mode, which gives all the pitch-based sound puzzles alternate sounds or solutions!

Ah, excellent--that's really good to read! :D

For myself, I suspect that the tone-deaf mode could be helpful, depending on the nature of your sound-puzzles; while I'm not sure that I'm tone-deaf as such, I know that I have generally struggled with at least some audio puzzles in the past.

RbdJellyfish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2020, 05:57:01 AM »

Done! (8/28/20)

Hello all! It is August 28. That means... Sensorium is finally released!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1307870/Sensorium/

Things I did since the last post:
- Added a couple secrets
- Polished up the accessibility options
- Fixed some last minute bugs
- Put together the OST: https://tadcordle.bandcamp.com/album/sensorium-ost

This has been the largest project I've ever worked on alone, and I couldn't be happier that it's done. Thank you to those of you who have followed the development for so long. Hopefully you will see more from me in the future. Smiley

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2020, 08:06:32 AM »

Ah, congratulations, and well done on completing the project, and so large a one! I hope that the game is very well received! ^_^

RbdJellyfish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2020, 09:04:28 AM »

Ah, congratulations, and well done on completing the project, and so large a one! I hope that the game is very well received! ^_^

Thank you! And thanks for always thoughtfully replying to the thread every time I had an update, I know it was small but it did give me motivation at a lot of low points in development Smiley

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2020, 02:51:30 AM »

Congrats on the release! I especially like the attribute "short" - I <3 small games that don't try to drag me along, ain't nobody got time for that!

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2020, 06:57:17 AM »

Thank you! And thanks for always thoughtfully replying to the thread every time I had an update, I know it was small but it did give me motivation at a lot of low points in development Smiley

I'm glad to have so helped! ^_^

Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2020, 01:42:19 PM »

Just bought it, am going to check it out later!

Congrats on release!

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2020, 01:49:31 PM »

Cg on release of your game! Gentleman

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2020, 05:59:22 PM »

I started playing this a few days ago, and it's been an absolute delight in every way so far. It's one of those games where I can tell it just wants me to have a great time with every interaction. Fantastic job!

Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2020, 12:24:39 AM »

Just bought it, am going to check it out later!

Congrats on release!

Had the chance to play tonight! I played for about 2 hours in one sitting.

I *do* think some spots are deviously challenging, and some puzzles are somewhat rough around the edges.
(That three tiered block puzzle as the final puzzle in the touch area is pretty cursed, I think I spent about 30 mins on that alone).

However, overall I think Sensorium has some interesting ideas and think it's a cool game.

I finished the touch, sight, taste, and about 2/3rds of the hearing area.

My favorite so far was probably the sight area, least favorite is the hearing area.
I do think for the average person, having the hearing puzzles be in octaves/fifths, volume, or timbre was a smart idea.

Hoping to return to the game soon when I have more time.

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic