Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:07:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat is a good number of achievements / trophies?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What is a good number of achievements / trophies?  (Read 1207 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »

thanks for the good opinions everyone!  Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right

Unlimie
Level 0

Love&Peace

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 04:26:08 AM »

Only one achi for completing of a game + 5-10 secret achies
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2016, 11:41:11 AM »

I get that they are supposed to be about bragging rights or a little pat on the back but outside a small subset of players I just have not seen many really caring all that much and that really says a lot about their necessity or utility in games.

If you're going to have achievements at all attach in-game rewards to them. If you get an "Orc Slayer" achievement for killing 250 orcs then even just attaching a permanent "+15% damage to orcs" bonus or whatever for having unlocked it is going to make it matter to a lot more people. Even games where at the very least you get a piece of artwork or something unlocked with the achievement are still offering you something more than an empty number or an icon that you could care less about.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic